Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to stop the talk and really do something?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Time to stop the talk and really do something? - Page 2 Empty Time to stop the talk and really do something?

Post by Ex Member Wed 06 Jul 2016, 20:15

I have been following the news, forums, and the political parties in Ottawa for awhile.  

We have been lied to far to many times, broken promises, and most of the time we have all sat quietly waiting for the slow courts to make a ruling that the GOC may not even follow thru with.

I watched the CTV news clip the other day in another post, and when the government lawyers said they will only honour the promise to the First Nations.  I thought, did he really just say that. So then I started thinking what would the First Nations do or how would they react to a broken promise.  Well in the past they have shut down highways, railroad, and airports.  They got their point across to Ottawa and served them well in making a deal.

We, as Veterans should band together as the First Nations have done in the past.  You ask how, well we should start right here.  We should have a vote and cast our votes via e-mail and those in charge should in a timely manner produce the results.  If the vote is positive then we go to step two.  We invited other group leaders of Veteran organizations to do the same.  Once we have an organization of groups we pick dates to protest and rotate cities across Canada.   Myself, I would pick 10 November to protest across the country at as many locations as we can.  

These are my thoughts and I welcome any support or advice to help make our situation better for all Vetrans.  I say I am one
Veteran and I only need one Charter, not a new Charter.   Bring back the medical pension that was once promised to all Veterans.

I know there are many hurdles to get past, as a Veteran we all have to think as one but with many different problems with Veterans Affairs Canada and the GOC.  It would be unfair to protest just medical pension to be reinstated.  A list or a group of many points we all want fixed that will included all Veterans Serving and not serving.  We need as many groups as possible and the Legion support.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2