Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A familiar pattern of ignoring veterans

+2
johnny211
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A familiar pattern of ignoring veterans Empty Re: A familiar pattern of ignoring veterans

Post by Dannypaj Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:14

Quote's a supporter of his Brothers and Sisters without political affiliation.

Lukewarm reception from veterans

Military veterans’ advocate Tom Beaver, who was behind the Anyone But Conservative campaign during the last election, said the Liberals’ performance on the veteran’s file has been mediocre.

“They’re not communicating with anybody,” Beaver said. “I used to be able to send a letter in and I’d usually get an answer back within three weeks, that’s not happening lately.”

The relationship between some military veterans and the Harper government was adversarial and resulted in Ottawa facing off in court arguing Canada doesn’t have a “sacred obligation” to veterans.

That case was over pensions for disabled soldiers, which were changed from a lifetime pension to a lump sum system in 2006. The Liberals are continuing the case, and critics accused them of breaking their election promise.

The Liberal government did increase compensation for wounded veterans in the March budget, but also took flak for how the changes were implemented, as the new program effectively demoted some injured veterans to ensure their payments were below the pay of serving members of the forces.

Beaver said although he’s lukewarm to the performance of the Liberal government so far, he is willing to wait a bit longer before becoming too dismayed.

“Give them another year, give them till the next budget,” he said. “If they’re not on by the next budget -- sink them.”

http://thetyee.ca/News/2016/07/14/Sunny-Ways-or-Gloomy-Days/
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

A familiar pattern of ignoring veterans Empty Re: A familiar pattern of ignoring veterans

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:10

yup it sure will.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:42

And it can be done 9 times which will drill it into VAC's head not to mention it will get awarness across the country.....one office at a time.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:09

that is a great idea teen especially on opening day .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:34

How about protesting outside one of the shiny new VAC offices that are going to start opening in May 2017?

The signs could be what about the rest of the mandate letter promises? Where's the update? Why do veteran participants have to sign a non-disclosure agreement? Why is a social club called the Legion forming veteran benefits? How can a 5 civilian to 1 veteran be called a veteran organization? Why does the RCL have access to my VAC file?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 18 Jul 2016, 07:11

Pay your soldiers/sailors and airmen/airwomen.
We shouldn't need to attend VRAB "court"! (VRAB)/Supreme Court or any courts.
This shit should be figured out prior to releasing the member.
I attended twice these "Kangaroo courts" and twice I seemed to be on trial (more specifically begging for help).
I only followed directions and medical advice.
Now I am stuck in this twisted world of the GOC and VAC as a wounded Veteran.
This sucks applying to VAC and having to place it all on "hope", what the hell is with that anyway.
It should be yes or no and if "no" why the medical release then?
I am pretty tired of the around in circles BS on my file.
Like the Ombudsmen's report states; there is no reason for a member's (3b) med release not to continue on as though on a regular career progression path, but classified as a wounded soldier. The soldier should continue on at 90%, but without all the shenanigans of having to apply for this and that and wishing for the best.
My state of mind would probably be a whole lot better, imagine losing your career?
Yup it blows and limited in careers afterwards, that sucks even more.

"The legal claim contends that cutting edge fighters are oppressed contrasted and the individuals who battled in before wars and that they ought to get tantamount remuneration"!

Being involuntarily medically released sucks.
It is what it is.

Danny (181)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 23:10

ya know I remember a group once that did find showing support for these guys as disrespectful . it was their appointed padre think it was a female minister who during her speech on remembrance day brought up these very same issues and of course they thought it disrespectful and fired her but . maybe someday ill have half the marbles she did and say nothing but hold up a sigh .

of course I have less to lose as I'm not even a member of the legion so they cant fire me .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 22:56

yes their are others days and places and I say protest them as well . ya really think a quiet protest with signs in support of the disabled vets the fallen and families of the fallen is in ANY WAY disrespectful of the fallen ???? ya think that would upset older vets ???? heck ive been asked by some of them over the last while why the frack we are not doing just that . I don't think most of them would be upset at all but sure some will .

disrespecting the fallen ??? really ???? not sure where you get that AT ALL.

I'm allowed to remember my fallen friends their families and the disabled in any way I choose and that's what I will do on remembrance day and any other day because I think they matter just as much as those that have fallen in the past and will in the future but that's just me .

to date that included going to remembrance day ceremonies witch included listening to the politicians yes the ilk that has showed the MOST disrespect to those I am their to remember platter away with their disingenuous banter the whole while I'm getting angrier and angrier . what do I do thou ??? the same thing soldiers and vets have been doing for years . same old same old .absolutely nothing . just shut up and carry the frack on .

yup guess that works for some and that's fine . hey its been working for me thus far just finding it harder every fracking year to swallow the tripe spewed out year after year in the big GOC " we support our troops " political circus remembrance day seems to have become .

don't forget the photo ops !

frack at this point I would pretty much consider myself disrespecting the fallen if I didn't so much as hold up a sighn .I fracking well know first hand what they did for us and I'm embarrassed to say on the day set aside for them I haven't even done so much as hold up a sighn for them . kinda sad really especially when I'm doing the thing ive allways found the hardest NOTHING .

kinda twisted world really when showing support for those guys during remembrance day disrespectful in any way shape or form but I guess that's the world we live in I guess .

ya know some may ask how could you do such a thing ?

for that question I have many answers but the answer to the question ive been asking myself for some time now has eluded me .

after all they have done and given for me how can I not????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 17 Jul 2016, 21:12

There are other days that could be protested on, that would reach the same desired effect, without disrespecting the fallen, and upsetting those older Veterans, who are present to remember their brothers that fell. There is the Battle of Atlantic Sunday, the anniversary of Vimy Ridge, or even Canada day. The last thing we need, is for the older Veterans to turn against us, in the media, which is what would happen if we protested on Nov 11th.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 16:15

pinger what ever you do for remembrance is just fine with me buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 16:13

lmao at pinger well they can be . but ya suppose I suppose maybe but you know what I meant .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 16:09

for sure pinger you made a lot of sense . not ruling out parliament hill quite the opposite their as well as many other places and times . hard to say what the fallin would think you protest the buyout I'm sure the ones I knew would at least I think not only for the living disabled but for the families they left behind who were in not so small a way indirectly effected by this .

thing is of the fallen I have known I can with almost certainty if you were protesting the death benefit witch was also turned to a 250,000 dollar buyout in 2006 they would not only appiciate your protesting but would encourage it if they could remembrance day or not .

if giving a voice to the fallen who have none and speaking for them is not honoring the fallen I'm not really sure what the frack is quite honestly .

but that all comes down to what you believe your fallen friends believed I'm quite citrine I know but I only know mine so they are the only ones I can speak for.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 17 Jul 2016, 15:59

I go to quiet cemeteries with poppies and pennies. thsts whati do
hey propat... did you say
" political analists arrd dumped into different categories???
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 17 Jul 2016, 15:48

Signs turned upside down propat?
Lotsa cameras but not to do on Remembrance Day.

Better to do at parliament hill or the legion hq wherever that is some day.

HOWEVER  you know what? If some soldier was truly wronged major league. And if they crashed some memorial
albeit Nov. 11, they could trump it. The dead would appreciate it because that guy or gal is still living.
As long as they are in the right and they have their ka-ka together real straight and tight..

I would condone that no problem.

The optics would put them in hell for a while but at least they'd surface with their principles and their soul intact.
And ain't a conscience the son of a real B?

Gotta go, before meds kick. Hope I made sense amd didn't offend.

Stay well all.

Rambling thoughts
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 15:45

well I would advise anyone especially vets to do anything they choose on remembrances day or any other day of the year for that matter to honor the fallen and oft forgotten families of the fallen and disabled within the law of course . its your right . you do as you will protest or not .

as for letters as part of pressure on the GOC these can be very elective in numbers across demographics .

yup ya may get the same bla blaw responses to your letters but if their is a crapload of letters on a specific subject these WILL be pored over by political annalists and dumped into different categories .

1. supportive

2. concerned

3. angry

in general then divided into demographic or possible demographic .

here is the thing annalists know to an almost certainty that letter righters ARE voters something they cannt say about public opinion polls with are you a voter or possible voter questions and since very few right letters each one carries the opinion and weight of far more than one individual .

yes they will weigh the supportive against the concerned who will likely conceder the issue next election and the angry who will not only consider the issue next election but are likely to vote on this issue alone .

all that data will be included with everything they glean from opinion polls social media petitions and what not with attention to demographics of course and the letters taking up a significant part of that .

if a protest happens and gets covered by the media and no one gives a flying frack enough to sigh a petition or post something on social media let alone exposing yourself and taking the time to actually wright a letter that things will change or the GOC will even give a frack .

ya think if people actually show their displeasure with the GOC on mass across all demographics in all medium including letters things will not change ?????? hmmmm ????

ya have to tell them how you feel otherwise they will not know . and I'm tellin ya strategists have more confidence in public opinion sentiment gleaned from letters than from anywhere else .

if its just from vets and large we only matter in a close election . if its very large and crosses a wide variety of demographics we matter very much .

don't stop weighting protesting posting or anything elce because your vice does matter no matter what anyone tells ya and if ya can get civies to do the same that will wake up the GOC more than you could ever know .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next