Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+36
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
40 posters

Page 34 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 34 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 18:08

still waiting here Rav

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 34 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Feb 2015, 16:13

I'm still waiting for the T4 for my CF pension and the financial benefits from VAC. I believe they have until the end of Feb to have them all sent out.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 11:59

haha Navrat you mean Santacooper can't get the (JOHN) deer ready for another holiday celebration,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 11:57

hey snrnavcom thanks but as in all things military veteran and former military your words give strength to all and if we can all feed off of that fighting spirit then we are all doing our calling and do what we are supposed to do, fighting for those went before us and preparing tomorrows veterans, VETS FOR VETS don't get much better than that, and yup I love having a big mouth and a sharp pencil, airborne and good hunting troops

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Mon 09 Feb 2015, 09:32

Acerman. Not sure if it is true or not. But it sure feels like it is... Wish I had the health to fight. I am grateful for those on here that can and do.... many thanks to the strong....RR, Navrat, Sparrow, Prop, Recon,Teentitan and so many others Cheers...

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 14:06

thats my boy absolutely.

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Sun 08 Feb 2015, 13:51

The way I see it, the "delay" is in the best interest for MC. They make more money off the increase interest that is generated for the sisip cola people and take 8% more as a result of it. They may not cause the delay.....but will profit from it....for sure!!!!!
So why would they fight for getting it done sooner?

Just the way I see it.
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:51

Agree 100 percent with you RR, but it is in MC best interest to have all claims asap. Once it has been completed they can close the file, re-allocated personnel and resources away from SISIP issue. But most of all stop having to entertain questions from the clients from sisip. As, it stands now. By law they must take all questions and concerns from the SISIP client pool until all restitution has been completed.

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:34

@ snrnavcom I somehow doubt that MC will spend any more (of our) money on this class action in order to chase Manulife. If they did it would constitute a sign of faith one of which I have yet to see. My advice, grab a seat (as you and all of us have already furnished this freak-show above and beyond a normal capacity) and wait out the storm.

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Sat 07 Feb 2015, 17:24

If MC believe that Manual life, is not working in good faith. IE dragging their feet on completing files. I am sure that MC can go back to the courts and request that Manual life provide and update on how they plan to complete all files in the ordered time frame, where it stands now that they are completing less than 12 percent per month and they should be completing 18 percent per month.....food for thought

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:44

It's a shame that we have no direction from MC or manual life. The process numbers are far to low. Lucky if it is completed by next year. I can see them requesting a longer time frame.

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 19:02

Rex,

I agree with that, I did contact MC back in Dec to confirm my address with them, I did this just as a precaution but to my surprise MC said they won't take my address and the reason why was because in their words the COLA is different from the 2013 retro payout and said that the onus is on Manulife to provide MC with the proper contact info for each COLA being sent to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 31 Jan 2015, 18:49

The thing I am wondering is, how does the Law firm expect to mail out many of these cheques? They only have current mailing addresses for those that were part of the lawsuit. And I don't even think the COLA payments are going back to the 70's, like the initial lawsuit did, which was the only reason the class ever reached the size it did. But even if it does involve the entire class, that only accounts for 8000 or so. I'm sure SISIP could attach current addresses for anyone with open files, that weren't already included in the lawsuit, but I doubt that covers all of the other 7000+ Veterans receiving COLA adjustments. Sure, they can send out cheques to last known addresses, but if they never reach the Veteran, how long before the lawyers either absorb that money into their own accounts, or have to send it back to SISIP? After all, the Lawyers can simply say that their obligation ends once the cheque is mailed, and are not responsible for whether or not it ever gets cashed.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 17:51

Regular mail is slow, and unpredictable - The purolator truck is more fun - I want the purolator truck !

One point here with COLA's $3500.oo and above - if it is considered retro - those members (may have) to deal once again, with that 1198.

But you know what - with all the problems in the past, I wonder how many will actually send one in.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 30 Jan 2015, 13:28

Very Happy

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47 ... 61  Next