Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 51 of 61 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 51 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Sun 18 Jan 2015, 10:06

So, I should make OK, since I was released just over a year after you, but my SISIP clawback was for almost $1500/mo for the 2 years
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 51 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by birdgunner Sat 17 Jan 2015, 23:26

3B release on 23 Nov 2004...I am under Pension Act my clawback cheques are minimal because my original disability pension was lowballed like the rest of the Veterans on first application.

After successfully proving injuries to be more severe than VAC would admit to my disability percentage has increased to a more reasonable percentage. So most of my clawback comes from ELB at a much greater rate per month than the first 24 months since I am grandfathered in.

SISIP Clawback of $538.00 for 24 months starting on 24 Nov 2004
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 17 Jan 2015, 22:23

BG, that's not bad for a 24 month guy. What year did you get out, so I can estimate how much I could end up with.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 18:43

Be kicked in the nads way too many times to give a fiddlers back anyhow just saying, time to go shoot a puck Saturday Night and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Sat 17 Jan 2015, 18:15

bigrex wrote:Are you saying that your cheque was for eleven cents, or that how much was charged for legal fees? I guess it doesn't matter, at 8%, if it was just legal fees, the total amount still wouldn't be enough to buy a bottle of pop, and they actually would have lost money on your file, because they still had to buy an .85 cent stamp.

No, the cheque was for $233.89. MC took their cut $22.44. Then they added the 0.038% for disbursements,(the distribution of the funds) which was $0.11 . I just looked at it and shook my head!!!
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:51

This just reinforces what we have been saying, sure they maybe some that will receive a bit more, but the fact of the matter is that we all payed our fair share of Legal fees, and the Law firm did well - very well on the bulk of the payouts in 2013.

Why they are charging us fees on this little bonus were about to receive is beyond me.
Manulife, is quite capable of depositing all of COLA payments into our accounts, and those who are not receiving ongoing sisip payments could have received theirs in the mail.

Would this not make more sense, give us a break, we paid our fair share.

This situation is exactly what I meant where I stated that " MONEY "  is where our Law firm stands.

Not really complaining here - just shaking my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 17 Jan 2015, 07:23

Are you saying that your cheque was for eleven cents, or that how much was charged for legal fees? I guess it doesn't matter, at 8%, if it was just legal fees, the total amount still wouldn't be enough to buy a bottle of pop, and they actually would have lost money on your file, because they still had to buy an .85 cent stamp.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Sat 17 Jan 2015, 03:54

Arrived today. 24 month member.

Had to laugh at the fact that disbursements came in at a whopping $0.11......squeeze it some more, see if a few more cents could fall into your lawyers laps!!!!

Oh well once taxes are filed in a couple of months hopefully this will be the end of this bs once and for all....oops I forgot about all that clawback money from my ELB that is owed!!!
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 17:50

Not a whole lot of movement on CSAT, LNVBF, in reporting of receiving the COLA cheques this Week.

Probably due to the fact they are sending them out via Canada post.

I think purolator is the answer, it just makes it all that more interesting, even though some amounts may only cover a case of beer.

Just saying............

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 15 Jan 2015, 20:08

Like I have been saying for a long time this cluster FRACK will never end. And as long as you got FRACKING monkeys beating calculators we will be talking about this for a long time.

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 15 Jan 2015, 19:57

What kind of crazy sheet is going on at sisip? The thing about numbers...they do not lie. They add and subtract, multiply and divide...add the human element to it...voila...chaos! I do hope they Tweak my cola amounts. Add a zero etc. What next?
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 19:35

hes a 5 year guy trooper post 08 where the COLA,s were small . even at the max 2% witch those years were not the full COLA would not add up to this let alone a cola adjustment lol.

oh about 105.00 was an administrative adjustment ( witch means they found they owe him more money ) when it should have read - 47,000.00

so ya given the circumstances he made out fracking great at least till he has to pay it back latter .

just a bunch of fracking monkeys beating on calculators .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 19:15

propat,

Your friend did well, add the withhold tax, and the " LEGAL FEES " - not a bad haul at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 18:54

ok guys remember my buddy who 2 months or so ago or so got a letter from SISIP telling him they fracked up his calculations and he now owes them 47,000.00 .

well he got his COLA check today ( yes I seen it ) and guess what ????

IT WAS FOR $ 3,641.20

normally I would tell someone to put ALL of it away but I told him ya know ya may already owe them 47 G,s just round it off to 50 go buy something you want , NOT SOMETHING YOU NEED ,
something you WANT.

these guys aint gonna stop fracking up your file anytime soon.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 17:07

Fees who needs stinkin fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 61 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56 ... 61  Next