Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 27 of 61 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 44 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 27 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by snrnavcom Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:09

Enjoy Cuba there Navrat. Not sure if your legion card works there.... At least you are out of the cold weather. Maybe when you get back there will be a nice warm check for you...Cheers

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 27 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by rzm71 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 08:52

yep I confirm that chq are in at *TD BANK*
just check and mine is in .
rzm71
rzm71
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 08:26

trooper your a damn fine fellow or a damn fine dame, just sayin thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 01:31

YUP

PROPAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:44

Rolling Eyes
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:13

crunch this. lol

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 18:17

Ok Rex, thanks for that response - and thanks for passing on the details of your COLA as you very well know, the more that is passed on, the more knowledge we get on the subject.

Funny thing is that in my post this morning the withholding of taxes by Manulife was where I was heading, I will tell you what threw me off on this thought, it was the change in the way Manulife withholds the tax, that did not cross my mind this morning, in fact I was crunching numbers completely using the old 20% withhold method which resulted in a much larger number than $632, which would not come close to reflecting the Legal fees you have paid.

Once I started to crunch numbers from the new method - it all made sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 18 Feb 2015, 15:33

Congrats Bigrex. I hope Trooper and the gang is there to help decipher mine, if ever it comes.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Feb 2015, 14:57

You are right trooper. I missed the withholding tax or the COLA, as well as the tax on the interest. I guess that is the problem with reading financial worksheets at 2am while high in dilaudid. Good catch.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 18 Feb 2015, 14:02

The answer is simply , Law Firms are a business and like all businesses they are interested in making as much money as they can. Nothing any Law Firm would have done and that this Law Firm did would have cost them very much money as from what I understand there was a lot of time in between each court date and only one thing to prove , that the VAC benefits is not income which is easy to prove when it is not taxed by Revenue Canada and therefore not recognized as income. Nothing the Law Firm did is worth millions and millions of dollars. The government of Canada should have paid the legal fees and the justice system should have set the legal fees at a realistic amount.

Case closed.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 12:37

Rex,

I will say this, if you take your total deductions of $61.21 - deduct your GST of $7.99 that would = $53.22 - now deduct your disbursement of $0.25 that would = $52.97, which is what they charged you for Legal fees.
That all makes sense as far as calculating goes, however, no matter how  much I try to get to the court ordered Legal fee deduction of 8.038% I cannot get to that $52.97 figure, calculating it at the source of $609.32.

Something just does not add up here, rather it be a tax issue, or rather they just took for granted that the GST/ disbursement deduction were correct and they simply used those deduction numbers as their fee total, and rounded  off their own deduction to 8.69% and left it at that, if that turns out to be the case, everyone should be double checking their Legal fee deduction, as the order clearly stated 8.038% no more - no less than that.

I will continue to crunch numbers for other possibilities - but unless someone can give and answer to it - I am lost in finding that answer.

One more thing to add here is that if your total Cola was $632.00 before any taxes were withheld by Manulife - The Legal fees would be correct, and in order with the court order of 8.038%, at $52.97.
Manulife has changed the amounts they withhold - for withholding tax.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Feb 2015, 10:28

I would need to see if anyone else who has received their COLA, has similar numbers. One person could be an error, but if it happens to everyone, then it is a intentional act.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 10:15

Then someone who has the proof , needs to contact MC , & let them know that we " The Class " have taken Notice & that They are " Stealing " money from the Class'es Pocket's again !

Bigrex , it's your Party ! drop an e-mail to Peter himself & let them know WE The Class are paying Close attention to " THEIR DEDUCTIONS ! from our Money !

Wake them up , sit up , & pay ATTENTION to their Mistake ! or is it ?

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of ......7......get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Feb 2015, 10:07

The paper lists legal fees = $52.97 (8.69%), Disbursements = $0.25 (0.041%), GST = $7.99, total deductions = $61.21 (10.045%). Like I said, it may only be a few dollars, but if they did that all 15000 veterans getting money, it will really add up. Would that not classify as embezzlement?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 09:16

Oh ya REX congrats buddy maybe they are in reverse order this time meaning those of us that had to wait till the last might be closer to the front of the line this time, imagine that lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 61 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 44 ... 61  Next