Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

+14
Dove96
loggie
Rifleman
oldsailor
abetterway
bigrex
acerman1234
Sapper Zodiak
peep
ceedee
Newfie
rucksack031
Teentitan
pteadams2002
18 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty Re: Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:45

great minds discuss ideas, mediocre discuss events, small minds discuss people..

well im sure I could not participate in better days and in my old house close enough to a university I surely would.i did have to chime in though im sure the mechanics of this could be worked out so I think this is a great idea.

propat

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty POST SECONDARY COST $ A WAY TO SAVE

Post by rucksack031 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:12

First Teen thanks for the update on education bursury. Now as title suggests first the bursury will not help myself as my 3 are done, and many of you will be sending off your sons or daughters on there next chapter of a higher education. As my wife and I added up what we have put forth for our 3 it came out to $ 240,300 OUCH, well worth it son 1 masters eng, Queens son 2 mbna, masT econ(h) CPA, world security degree, McMaster #3 Daughter one yr left Residency, Western U. So one can see what it might cost so what my wife and I found out the greatest expense was housing, food, cell, internet, transportation, so during that period we took in 7 young adults over a 10yr period, 5 where vets kids, 2 where still serving. We provided them with a safe home, at 0 cost to the parents, they had internet, tv, laundry, expenses the parents did not have to worry about, just tution and food.most times wife cooked enough,and this favor was extended to 2 of mine while away. I know its long winded but after reading so many members on csat who children are ready for the next step and the cost to come, and the amount of Vets from coast to coast and the university"s in there home city or towns may make this dream for each parent and child a reality. Now this is not for everybody just and idea maybe We can set up a data bank accross the country for Vetshelpingvetkids of those who might be able to help,food for thought. Rucksack031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty SOME Info on Education Bursary, More to Come

Post by Teentitan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 17:36

I emailed Peter today about the Education Bursary and this is what he sent...

We are in the process of putting it in place . Bursaries will be available during to 2013/2014 academic year, but not until after the school year starts. It will be administered independently by AUCC.

So now everyone can make their financial plans knowing they cannot access the money until after the school year starts.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty Re: Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 23:10

Lmao, I thought likewise ref my service dog. Why could we NOT use our portion of the bursary for the training, I've out out a grand out if pocket for vet checks and training

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 21:15

Tnx brother,

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Sun 19 May 2013, 21:07

I have emailed MC with that question. I was told that it would be forth coming to all class members but has yet to be released.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 20:45

Does anyone have any info in regards to us accessing the,correct me if I'm wrong, $10 million dollar bursary/!education fund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12