Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take - Page 2 Empty Re: Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 16:45

No problem, here's my personal opinion or suggestion moving forward.

Firstly, boycott all face to face meetings with the Minister, advisory groups should all walk away from any future talks or meetings, the upcoming stakeholder summit should be boycotted and any future stakeholder summits, a full out complete boycott of all VAC departments including the Minister. Why? Because in my view what's going on here is groups feeding into VAC's PR system that works for the government, and works against Veterans. It's as simple as that, we have been lied to, they already know exactly what and how things will be implemented, their using us as PR puppets. The more we feed them, by attending these so called circuses, the better off the government will be.

Secondly, change tactics by focusing solely on mass public protest. Why? Because mass protest will put the Veterans in charge and if properly organized with the right speakers can have a huge impact on proactive change. The government does not like to turn on the news and see on every other channel protest by Veterans. It forces them to act.

With all that said comes some problems, not everyone sees it this way, some think that they can make a difference by attending these meetings and recommending changes that could be implemented, some are satisfied with the status quo, there's the diversity issue, different agendas, different Ideas and so on. There's some who feel important by being invited and attending, some just like to go hear what others have to say, some just want to get away, and again there's some who have great Ideas who feel it's important enough to bring to the table.

So the way things are going and have been going thus far, this is my own personal opinion, my opinion is just that, an opinion, not meant to persuade anyone, it's just the way I see it.

Back to top Go down

Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take - Page 2 Empty Re: Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 16:08

I am not talking about who has talk the most or talk to the government the most. Not questioning your past thoughts or actions at all.

It's really time to act, not sit at the table.  Deal from strength as the military taught us.

You have my suggestion, what's yours from this point on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 15:48

Steelgunner, I have said plenty right here on the forum. Take the time to read through the forum and you will learn real quick that I have been advocating for mass public protest for some time now. I have put up a poll which asked that very question, "Question 7, More pubic protest needs to take place for concrete action on our file. The poll got 440 views with only 16 votes. Take a look down at the Legislation & Stakeholder Summits category, you can read my thoughts on whether or not we should be attending the up coming stakeholder summit. I am the Forum Master of CSAT, I also am part of the VVi staff, my duties relate to the CSAT forum, in terms of advocating, I'm no different then you or any other member of CSAT. VVi has advocacy representation that is responsible to deal with issues such as those you mention, that representation is done by the Chief Editor of VVi who has his own category on CSAT which is called: Chief Editor VVi's Representative for Advocacy. He is the person who attends the meetings and has the responsibility to represent VVi. So again, in that respect my thoughts and suggestions on any given topic is equal to what you or any other member have to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Tue 13 Sep 2016, 15:27

Union great idea!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 15:25

Actually you do need to say more.  

We need an answer to our situation.  Talk talk talk is not the answer.

I have offered my opinion and my voice.  As web master you should get all those 11 groups together and tell them it's not working.  The GOC only moves with court rulings pressure and public opinion, and maybe the threat of a union/association for the military.

I am sticking with my thoughts on a union/association, the way I see it to correct our veterans problems we need to address the Army.  Organizing the Military and changing the health benifits, penision packages can be done.  The GOC will push back of course but if we can show them with a control of our on penision fund they would actually save money in the long run for the tax payer.  Why should the members of the military make SSIP/Manulife rich.  

Some will say, it will not work, too difficult to proceed.  If we took that attitude a lot of things in this world would have been lost years ago.

Shoot me down, if you want. But have another plan and voice your plans to the community that needs a total change in the way we deal with the Goverment.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/full-comment/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/robert-smol-why-we-should-unionize-the-military

Last edited by Steelgunner on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 15:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take - Page 2 Empty Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 14:26

Here's a reality check reminder on what direction Veterans Advocate groups should take, posted by the Forum Master Sept 13, 2016.

Take a good look at the Video below and decide for yourselves what or how to proceed moving forward on our file. The Video is solid proof that advocating tactics need to change, and change soon. We are dealing with a government who's words to Veterans are nothing but lies. They lie and continue to lie, they cannot be trusted to act upon any given recommendation or recommendations  by any Veteran or Veterans group. The bureaucrats are running the show, it is them who makes implementation, it is them who will bring forward implementations that they, and only they will decide on what is going to be implemented. Everything else outside of this is all for show and PR. I not need to say more, the Video says it all.

Watch:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdvHqaeaxl8

Trudeau makes false promises to #veterans

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CURXBHwhgE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2