Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone dispute that the liberal government so far seems to be miles ahead of the Conservatives.

+3
Teentitan
bigrex
1sea0shell33
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can anyone dispute that the liberal government so far seems to be miles ahead of the Conservatives. - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone dispute that the liberal government so far seems to be miles ahead of the Conservatives.

Post by 1sea0shell33 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 19:31

Offices open........check
ELB increased by 15 percent.......check
LSA increased.........check
Life long pension in some way or matter to be announced.......check
Sisip ltd to be a non service injury insurance program..........check
4 year education funding around the corner......check

Conservative improvements if elected............new ID cards ....uncheck
There is no debate, nobody can say, we really don't have a choice, the liberal announcements and promises are far and above those of the previous Conservative government!
Case Closed! .............check!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Can anyone dispute that the liberal government so far seems to be miles ahead of the Conservatives. - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone dispute that the liberal government so far seems to be miles ahead of the Conservatives.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 19:18

bruce are you over 65 ???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 18:28

I suppose I could appeal. There's still time, but how can that be wrong? Is VAC just making stuff up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 18:18

ya that's fracked up bruce I still cant find any correlation in these benefits justifying a reduction obviously something I'm missing . 88 (2) is just the overpayment recovery legislation no help in that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:36

I Dispute

Say the currently elected Liberals are WHAT? Favourable or inclined to our file more so?
Hell; I knew I was fracked well before voted for them and their promises...
But I voted.
Just does'n't seem to matter to me who is in power.

Say for instance the NDP had a majority and Mulcair was the PM.

Good morning... hellooo...fracked again

Will wait and see what kind of mileage JT or Hehr has on our file.

To soon to say for a JT come lately

JMO

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:07

I only have a phone, no computer or printer.  And to be completely honest allowing someone into My VAC is not something I'm comfortable with.  It could violate some law too for all I know.

The letter states that Budget 2016 made changes to the Guaranteed Income Supplement and that affects my CFIS.  Although I don't receive the GIS.

It cites section 88(2) of the CFMVCRA

Reduces CFIS from $1444 per month to $1194 and repayment of PIA overpayment of $358 for six months, further reducing CFIS to $836 (according to My VAC Account)

Last edited by bruce72 on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 17:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:45

Bruce, like propat suggested you can try the copy and paste, if that don't work, you would need to print it, scan it, and send it back to yourself, then you would be able to copy and paste it. PDF files sometime require this.

CSAT's PM system allows for copy and paste as I do it all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:32

The security features of My VAC Account I don't think would allow you into the site with copying the URL.

PIA is an income replacement benefit, as is CFIS. I just figured even though I couldn't make heads or tails of VAC's decision if everything is legitimate and the PIA retro caused an overpayment I have to repay it over 6 months. That part at least makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:19

not exactly sure how to do that on this sight if you had a my VAC account the letter may be on their so you could copy and paste .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 12:33

@propat

I wish I understood. VAC said it had something to do with the Guaranteed Income Supplement even though I don't receive that benefit and also said it has something to do with keeping me at a certain income level.

I was told I could appeal it. I couldn't understand the letter or phone conversation, except the appeal part.

Is there a way to post pictures by private message on CSAT......anyone? I could pm you the paperwork propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 09:40

bruce I'm wondering how the PAI approval caused a claw back ??? who is clawing this money back is it CFIS ????

income, in respect of a person for a base calendar year, has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act except that

(a) it does not include the aggregate of net income from employment, self-employment or rental of property that is equal to or less than

(i) in the case of a veteran with no spouse or common-law partner, $2,900,

(ii) in the case of a veteran with a spouse or common-law partner, $4,200,

(iii) in the case of a survivor, $2,900, and

(iv) in the case of an orphan, $2,900;

(b) it does not include interest income that, in the case of a veteran, survivor or orphan, is equal to or less than $140;

(c) it does not include earnings loss benefits payable under section 18 or 22 of the Act;

(d) it does not include long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(e) paragraph (d) of the definition “income” in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act does not apply;

(f) business and capital losses shall be taken into account in the year in which they occur; and

(g) dividend income shall be taken into account on the basis of the actual amount of the dividend. (revenu)

37 For the purposes of section 37 of the Act, the prescribed sources of current monthly benefits are

(a) earnings loss benefits payable under the Act;

(b) long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(c) disability pension benefits payable under the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act other than amounts payable for a dependent child;

(d) benefits payable under the Old Age Security Act; and

(e) compassionate awards payable under section 34 of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board Act to those persons who have been refused a disability pension under the Pension Act.

SOR/2012-195, s. 3.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 18:18

@bigrex,

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I can earn before anything is deducted. My original CFIS payment used to be $1444, per month. When I was approved for PIA 3 it was reduced to $1194 and with the retroactive PIA 3 which caused the overpayment it was further reduced to $894 per month until the repayment of the overpayment.

I received ELB for 7 years at a rate of approximately $3500 net per month. Now I get by on $1960 net per month. It was a huge shock to deal with, but there is many vets in worse situations than mine, so I just keep going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 18:06

I will admit I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to the matters of what is deducted off ELB/EELB. But I cannot understand why both our CAF pension and CPPD, are deducted. We have all paid into the CAF pension and are entitled to it, and other Canadians are entitled to CPPD if disabled without penalty. So why does VAC think that they can deduct it off us. I am sure someday this will end up in court. Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 18 Sep 2016, 18:06

Sorry, you are right. Just, I've never heard of anyone actually getting that benefit, so I rarely think of it. So does it allow you to earn $5000 from working part time, before it affects your benefit?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 17:46

bigrex

you said, "The only program that deducts employment earnings is ELB"

Canadian Forces Income Support (CFIS) also deducts earnings from income.

My PIA 3 retroactive payment upon approval of my claim, caused an overpayment of $2258 which is now being clawed back at a rate of $358 per month until paid back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next