Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

+11
By the Bay
RCN-Retired
Cookie
Slaket
Rifleman
bosn181
bigrex
Willie
johnny211
Rustytheviking
Vet1234
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 4 Empty Re: Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Rifleman Fri 03 Mar 2017, 18:57

Good to hear vet congrats

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 4 Empty Re: Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 18:46

congrats guys .

apply apply apply

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 16:42

Vet1234 ,

Your one determined Veteran!

Good for you for applying for all of these benefits, congrats on being approved for the FCRB!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 16:37

I was just approved for the FCRB.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 25 Jan 2017, 20:19

my cm got me to apply for caregiver and was approved money in account in less than 30 days i hear others waiting months still no response

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Tue 24 Jan 2017, 14:34

Thanks bigrex. We will only have to wait and see what decision is made. I did get an email back from VAC on my  dva account and they said because I was 100 % + I was entitled to the Attendance Allowance so I guess it depends on the degree they award me if they do. Thanks again folks.
Side note: I don't have a case manager anymore so I wonder who they will assign to this application?

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Jan 2017, 00:20

It really depends on the situation. My CM intiailly approved me for AA, and then later increased it, during a home visit. Unfortunately I believe that authority has since been stripped from them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:18

We brought the filled in Attendance Allowance application in to the dva office today. Didn't speak with a case manager, instead they just took the application at the front counter and sent me on my way. I was wondering how long it would be before a decision is made if anyone has any experience with this? Thanks.

Willie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:52

Thanks Bigrex and csat members for posting the information so veterans can find out about benefits. This is a great resource.

Willie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:48

I'm not surprised that you have never heard of it. It's something that VAC staff never really talk about unless the Vet brings it up.Unfortunately VAC has a habit of giving the Veteran their disability pension/award, and happy to just forget about them until the Veteran requests additional supports. There is very little proactive moves to ensure Veterans are taken care and don't fall through those mile wide cracks.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:13

Thanks Trooper. I don't know why I never heard of this benefit before today. I would have thought my case manager should have advised me of this benefit so I could have applied. I do get the clothing allowance, EIA and am over 100% pensioned so I hope this allowance gets approved based on the parameters and descriptions I feel I fall into the criteria but you never know what the decision makers will decide.  With many thanks.

Willie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 19:57

No, the EIA will not cancel out the Attendance Allowance.

The Attendance Allowance is paid Monthly and is tax free.

It is based by Grades, paid in Grades, Grades 1 to 5.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 19:37

Thank you Trooper for your help. I printed off the form on the My DVA Account and will bring it into the district office tomorrow for processing. I receive EIA so I wonder if that will cancel out the attendance allowance? Is the attendance allowance based on percentages of disability? Thanks again.

Willie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:57

Willie,

It's 1% or more for those who are receiving a pension from the old charter, they need to apply for the attendance allowance.

The Veteran themselves need to apply for the attendance allowance.

Attendance Allowance

Entitlement

Definitions:

For the purposes of Attendance Allowance eligibility:

"awarded a pension or compensation" is defined as in receipt of a Disability Pension of 1% or more or Prisoner of War compensation.

"totally disabled by reason of military service or not" is defined as an applicant who meets the definition of "totally disabled" in accordance with Table 1 of this policy.

"in need of attendance" is defined as the need for assistance or supervision of another individual with feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, mobility or medication administration, that is not already being met by benefits, services or care provided to the client by VAC pursuant to veterans' legislation or any other program, including but not limited to federal, provincial, municipal or community programs, whereby the benefits services or care is provided at no expense to the client.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/benefits-determined/table-of-disabilities/ch-05-2006

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is an additional tax-free monthly assistance to individuals who:

have a Disability Pension of 1% or more or receive Prisoner of War compensation;
are totally disabled, whether by reason of military service or not; AND
need help with daily living tasks.
The amount payable is based on the degree of attendance needed for your day-to-day personal care.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/related-allowances

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:44

Hi, the way I am reading this is if I have a disability pension through dva of over 100% and I am an Old Charter client that I am only able to apply for Attendance Allowance. Is this something I apply for or does my spouse apply for it on my behalf? Any info would be appreciate. Many thanks.

Willie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next