Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits

3 posters

Go down

Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits Empty Re: Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits

Post by Newfie Fri 16 Jun 2017, 20:51

I have not received a confirmation letter since 2014 and the monthly Ltd receipt is a hit and miss. I calls Sisip and confirms my address and they start back up and then stops again. Last one I received was March. Money is deposited monthly so I don't worry

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits Empty Re: Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits

Post by MarieH Fri 16 Jun 2017, 20:42

My situation has not improved and the doctor did specified on the form “no return to work” along with all my medical problems. So I should be ok but with them we never know. I worried about everything. My doctor is fed up about completing this form over and over again and now he is retiring so I will be left with no doctor and where I live it takes years and years to get a new doctor, so another stress added on me.  I dont want to be told several months down the road that I am denied for continue benefit for whatever reason and have to give them the money back because they were late at reviewing my file and I will not have that money anymore.

I guess it is not unusual to receive the confirmation letter later, so I will wait and see what happen as I am probably ok. If I get too much anxiety over this then i will give them a call to peace my mind.

Thank you all for your quick response, I really appreciate

MarieH
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 20:09

MarieH,
Your monthly allowance continues coming in. I am sure your file is in good standing. They are very nice at Sisip about such matters. Its a typicial call... i have done it in the past all went well. Manulife just adminstrates the policy, funding comes from treasury board. So its not like they are a typical insurance trying to save bucks ....

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Fri 16 Jun 2017, 18:28

Marie, has your situation improved and did you report it on your medical forms? If not, I would not worry. My hubby's confirmation letter comes anywhere from 2 to 6 months after the medical forms were sent. One year he didn't get one at all. Unless there are changes, no problem. If there is something to discuss, they will get in contact with you. You are not cut off cold turkey.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 17:37

My doctor sent them the forms last January, I haven't heard anything yet.
I'm not concerned simply because I remember my doctor looking at the forms and saying, they must pick names out of a hat to send out the request because the past info sent to them was written down as permanent. My guess is they changed around CM's leaving some to send out the physician forms. They must not be looking at the individuals file, they must be just sending them out to see what response they get.

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieH Fri 16 Jun 2017, 15:00

Scotty, I have been thinking about this for the last month, but it makes me so nervous and anxious, I hate so much bothering/calling people. it pushed my anxiety through the roof. I do not want them to rush my file. So thats why I asked the question on the forum to see if anyone else had their confirmation letter later.

MarieH
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:48

I would call sisip LTD in Halifax...quick call will answer your concerns!

Back to top Go down

Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits Empty Confirmation letter from SISIP LTD for continued benefits

Post by MarieH Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:29

HI, First time on this forum and I can see there are a lots of valuable informations, it is great! . Here is my question, I sent my annual medical forms (doctor and mine) to manulife last February and I have not yet received a confirmation letter stating that I am still covered for another year. My actual renewal date was May 3rd, so it has been four months that they have my forms and 6 weeks passed my renewal date. Does anyone on here got their letter back from manulife later than their renewal date? Is it normal that I have not received my letter yet as in the past I got it before my renewal date. My LTD payment went to my bank account last month as usual so I am wondering if it is just because my CM has a backlog.

MarieH
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down