Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling the New Veterans Charter

+2
LostTrucker
johnny211
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Selling the New Veterans Charter Empty never

Post by propat Thu 07 Dec 2017, 01:18

it aint dead yet boys not by a long shot . trust me I know all about long shots . just because the PM and Gerald butts are the enemies of disabled vets and their families and the families of our fallen does not mean they win . right now they are enemies of vets and the state as we know it for there actions and we will respond to them as such . when you cut a disability pension for vets by 90 % one that was put in place in hindsight ( we fracked up if we see a war like this again we will lose without this ) like we always do learn from our mistakes then (2006 ) forget them again . ya we learn then unlearn lol. we will see a large scale war again boys just look around . but unlike after or some say during WW1 a mans family will not be taken care of . they will see a lot of retirements and releases . yup they will get the young volunteers but unlike the past the older family guys who have seen more and less susceptible to PTSD and such will not join the fight because now there families will not be taken care of . like at least some of you and I'm guessing most if not all I would have laid down my life for this country in a fracking heartbeat same same if I didn't have a wife and kids .

but knowing if I die the monthly pension they would have got turned into a 250/ 360 G buyout !!!! NOOO!!!! WANT TO BUT CANT !!!! will not leave my two boys hungry and homeless for my own patriotism .

these idiots who cant learn from the past present a clear and present danger to the security of this country and know it . thing is they don't give two flying fracks . its all about money and votes for them . the PM and Gerald butts don't give two flying fracks about vets or this country and have no problem with sinking it as long as they have the biggest piece of cheese in there teeth before they jump ship .

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Selling the New Veterans Charter Empty Re: Selling the New Veterans Charter

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 14:35

Have your doctor fill out the forms
Stating permanent impairment with
No improvement possible. This will
Be put in your file.
Same for your handicap sticker.

As far as this new lifelong pension option, who will qualify and
What percentage will be left out.
Me personally give me a larger lumpsum
Offer like two mil taxfree and I'll sign off, good riddance and goodbye vac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Oct 2017, 19:38

And tho I also posted on the forum for DTC, the DTC form can now be filled out by a nurse practitioner.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Oct 2017, 19:09

As far as the DTC goes, it is difficult for many to get it. You can still be disabled, not work and be on something like CPP(D) and still not qualify. Unfortunately, just getting CPP(D) or some other disability benefit does not necessarily qualify you for DTC.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Wed 04 Oct 2017, 18:02

Lets not forget that dangerous word they keep using but nobody ever explained......."OPTION".
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 04 Oct 2017, 16:24

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 04 Oct 2017, 16:24

It would be nice, that instead of having to have yet another medical questionnaire filled out by a doctor, that the DTC application merely had a box where you could check that you are a recipient of Federal disability benefits, such as CPP(D) or VAC benefits. Then it should be easy enough for CRA to call the appropriate agency, and confirm whether or not the person is getting disability benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Oct 2017, 15:44

LostTrucker wrote:There is a reason we never heard anything yet.  If it was good news (for us) they would be pushing us out of the way to get to to cameras to announce it.....just to keep patting themselves on the back right up to next election.

My thoughts exactly Lost Trucker.

So let's go back in time here to the election campaign where the Liberals promised to reinstate lifelong pensions. If I remember correctly many were curious, many were writing to the Liberals asking about this particular promise, reinstate lifelong pensions, including many members of this forum. No one to my knowledge ever received a clear answer. What we did hear from the Liberals is the statement where Liberal members went across the Country asking Veterans and Veteran groups what was needed by the Liberals to enhance the Veterans file, the biggest request was the return of lifelong pensions. Well, when one speaks of reinstating, there was only one lifelong pension that was in place to reinstate, and that was the lifelong pension from the old pension act. So the Liberals promised to reinstate the lifelong pension. After winning the elections, many Veterans were put somewhat at ease thinking that Canadian disabled Veterans were going to get their tax free lifelong pension reinstated. Kent Hehr was named Minister of Veterans Affairs, when Mr. Hehr was asked about the reinstating of the lifelong pension his answer was simply that in consulting with various Veterans and Veteran groups, it was clear to Mr. Hehr that he was under the clear understanding that this promise, reinstating lifelong pensions was not to be rushed, in his words Veterans and Veteran groups want to make sure it isn't rushed, because they want the government to get it right. Get it right? Well what happens when they announce the lifelong pension, and they didn't get it right? Not even close to getting it right? Here's what I think, once the Liberals got elected and announced Kent Hehr as Minister, the Minister on his first days in meetings with his bureaucrats was told by the bureaucrats no lifelong pension as it relates to the old lifelong pension from the old pension act, will ever be able to be reinstated. After all, the whole Idea of the new charter was to get disabled Veterans off tax free lifelong security, the bureaucrats know to well that once the Veteran had lifelong security, the bureaucrats were no longer needed. In other words the old pension act was putting the bureaucrats out of work! So in my opinion, seeing that it is the bureaucrats who run the Veterans file, the Veterans Affairs Minister simply left it up to the bureaucrats to work it out, and the Minister with his lack of knowledge, and lack of drive to really stand for it's disabled Veterans, repeatedly, publicly mind you stated to the disabled Veteran community to have patience on the lifelong pension. Like LostTrucker stated, if it was worth the paper it was written on, they would have announced the lifelong pension Months ago. What I think is the bureaucrats had a draft of the lifelong pension way before Kent Hehr even became Minister. The bureaucrats come from all branches of parties, they are very good at what they do, they run the show, and the Minister signs off on what they bring forward. I'm not even going to predict the merits of the forthcoming announcement on the lifelong pension, I am certain that whatever is announced will not be worth the paper it's written on. As far as the timing of the announcement goes, I would be surprised if they announce it before remembrance day, something as bad as this, one would think would come after remembrance day. I'm certain they will use everything that has been implemented to date in defending the merits of the announced lifelong pension. The bureaucrats have combined non injured benefits, with injured benefits under the same umbrella of the New Veterans Charter, don't be fooled in thinking that they can use these non injured benefits to compare the benefits from the old pension act. This is just my opinion, I hope I'm dead wrong, but I'm not at all hopeful of the outcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Wed 04 Oct 2017, 15:15

Nemo wrote:Regardless of any announcement coming, there will still be a major descrepancy in veteran benefits.  One for instance is SISIP.  There is no way that there should be some receiving it for life and others cut off at age 65.  And as far as DEC goes - why is it not for all veterans that can't work.  Why do some disabled get that benefit but other's that can't work don't?  After all, isn't it called Diminished Earning Capacity?

We need a benefit to recognize someone's disability and it's effects on that individual.  Is the veteran missing limbs? Are they blind?  So yes, these types of injuries need more benefits.  But if you can't work despite all your limbs, then you should also qualify for DEC.  And not every veteran who can't work qualifies for DEC.

We need a total revamp of the system but we are unlikely to ever see that happen.

and the Disability Tax Credit should be automatic at a certain percentage........
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Oct 2017, 15:11

Regardless of any announcement coming, there will still be a major descrepancy in veteran benefits. One for instance is SISIP. There is no way that there should be some receiving it for life and others cut off at age 65. And as far as DEC goes - why is it not for all veterans that can't work. Why do some disabled get that benefit but other's that can't work don't? After all, isn't it called Diminished Earning Capacity?

We need a benefit to recognize someone's disability and it's effects on that individual. Is the veteran missing limbs? Are they blind? So yes, these types of injuries need more benefits. But if you can't work despite all your limbs, then you should also qualify for DEC. And not every veteran who can't work qualifies for DEC.

We need a total revamp of the system but we are unlikely to ever see that happen.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Wed 04 Oct 2017, 11:35

There is a reason we never heard anything yet.  If it was good news (for us) they would be pushing us out of the way to get to to cameras to announce it.....just to keep patting themselves on the back right up to next election.

LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 04 Oct 2017, 05:44

Ah got you now Trooper. Great idea. So we are now down too 2 1/2 mths before the goc Xmas break and still no pension announcement. Wonder if they will use the old "we need more time excuse". I think 2 yrs is way beyond enough time. Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Oct 2017, 20:13

johnny211 wrote:Trooper, is that an old vid?  Keith Hillier retired a few yrs ago.
Johnny,,VVV

Johnny,

Yes it's an older video, I have been and will continue to post older videos. I want to make sure that what has been said in the past regarding our file does not get forgotten. I want to remind Veterans of those who pushed the New Veterans Charter in a positive way to sell what they believe the NVC has over the old pension act, and also those who have opposed the Veterans Charter. It's good info all the way around, it's educating and can be used as a guide to have a better understanding of the New Veterans Charter, and the old pension act.

Scotty,

In my opinion, I believe your correct, the old tax free lifelong pension is history, and sadly will remain history.

In my opinion, the only way Veterans will have a chance at having any government take a look, or note of interest in the return of the tax free for life pension, as seen from the old pension act, the need for a complete change of tactics is needed by a somewhat large organized Veteran group that unites together to form a public protest that is ongoing. It needs to show the Country, and educate the Country on all the aspects of the New Veterans Charter against the old pension act. The protest needs to be constant, perhaps once a Month, for at least 48 hours with lots of media coverage. The public needs to know exactly what the government did when they took away the old pension act, they need to know the cruelness of tactics used by the government to lure the public into believing the new charter is better than the old pension act. The tactics used against Veterans and Veteran groups in using them all for PR purposes. Something along the lines of the way anything but conservative movement accomplished back before the election, just more strenuous, different topic, and somewhat different objective. Public is the key, the government can handle small media protest, small public protest, Equitas Law Suit, all the meetings with Veterans and Veteran groups, complaints to you local MP's, pretty much anything except constant public protest. Constant public protest on the same issue is a nightmare for any government, especially when dealing with Veterans. I have seen all other tactics used for many years with no success, but in the end, it's just my view/opinion, lots will disagree, that's all good with me because I highly doubt that my opinion will ever make it to the streets. So my advice for those puzzled on the merits of the New Veterans Charter is to read and watch videos that are posted, articles that are written to get a better picture or understanding on where you stand on our fight moving forward. It's always good to know what the Veterans file is all about, and certainly know about those that run the Veterans file.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 03 Oct 2017, 17:21

Trooper, is that an old vid? Keith Hillier retired a few yrs ago.
Johnny,,VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Oct 2017, 16:36

Well that it! The Tax Free Pension is gone. Its my take from this whole speech. Do you agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next