Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006 - Page 3 Empty Re: The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Post by bosn181 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 13:41

if this new transition starts to work for members going forward that they don't get the boot before all there benifiets are in place and they can just take the military doctors at there word if they put you out on a medical why do we need to wait in a que and see more doctors to confirm what has already been done. imo if they fix the problem with getting out then they will not need as many workers at vac but i am sure the union will fight to keep there jobs and to continue to find ways to slow the process going forward mind you can not get much slower than it is now

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006 - Page 3 Empty Re: The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 13:38

propat wrote:

scotty g

what we are looking for is equality flat out . the thing is they already accepted a combination . its done and done . the issue is they didn't do it for everyone . not the NVC vets in particular ,and the reason I believe why they did this evil thing in the first place, Afghan vets.

wars cost ,long term wars cost a lot , the legacy costs witch pensions are part of can be very high and in some circumstances the largest cost of war .

if the reasons to go to war are significant enough we would go to war regardless of the costs .

if the costs of war were cheep the reasons to go to war would not have to be very significant .

if war was free well god help us all

I myself don't care what equality costs and if it makes war a little more expensive I'm not entirely citrine that's a bad thing and perhaps kill a couple of birds with one stone .

propat

I respect your comments Propat ......I hope you can get the government to Buy in to them. So far nothing indicates that there is any legal or government will to support it. I will pray for it too!

Back to top Go down

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006 - Page 3 Empty Humor Alert!! Some Humor here!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 13:35

Wildthing:
Why do i already know you will reject this website and facts. You wander 95% (5% maybe 6% LOL of the time you MAKE  amazing sense) of the time with lots of useless info based on what I call the "NavRat Approach to Facts"   Legion Ghost Vets  that do not actually exist. (I spent 2 weeks wandering  around two legions in Hamilton area looking for one person that knew this fella). Came totally up empty handed! (True Story) Maybe he is the Ghost !   SmileSmile

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/news/info-graphics/expenditures

Over 90% of VAC spending goes directly towards programs and services for Veterans and their families.

Sources: 2005-06 to 2013-14 Main Estimates

Last edited by ScottyG on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 13:50; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:52

ScottyG wrote:Check your fact ....90% of the vac budget goes to services
That's not the way it work's you prove me wrong don't forget to add in all expenses even government pensions

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:43

just a comment on the premise of the thread first .

the same application and redress system that was in place for PA vets in 2005 was the same system in place for NVC vets in 2006 . THATS THE REAL TRUTH .

because its a FACT !!!! it is a bad one and needs to be changed more so today than back in 05 .

the reason being is that for NVC vets to get the equivalent to a PA guys PA pension alone . he would have to go through this proses over and over and over again . if the PA guy wanted those extra NVC benefits he would have to do the same but he would be able to survive the delays and denials, that take many years in some cases to get them all, some NVC vets just don't survive this foul system for lack of the PA pension.

scotty g

what we are looking for is equality flat out . the thing is they already accepted a combination . its done and done . the issue is they didn't do it for everyone . not the NVC vets in particular ,and the reason I believe why they did this evil thing in the first place, Afghan vets.

wars cost ,long term wars cost a lot , the legacy costs witch pensions are part of can be very high and in some circumstances the largest cost of war .

if the reasons to go to war are significant enough we would go to war regardless of the costs .

if the costs of war were cheep the reasons to go to war would not have to be very significant .

if war was free well god help us all

I myself don't care what equality costs and if it makes war a little more expensive I'm not entirely citrine that's a bad thing and perhaps kill a couple of birds with one stone .

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:27

Check your fact ....90% of the vac budget goes to services

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:54

Lmao Scotty G said testicle, get rid of 3/4 of vac staff etc it's VETERAN'S AFFAIRS not lawyers affairs or union affairs no need for an overpriced machine just simplicity, respect, and dignity to the veteran's. Were not the problem nor did we create this overpriced monster. It cost more to deny a vet then to treat them and look aftee them in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:14

ScottyG wrote:How quickly we all forget the PA system.

IT WAS A NIGHTMARE most never even applied for benefits. The attitude was beg and beg and beg  RESPONSE rejection rejection rejection. If you did get a percentage it was always pennies. Like 5% was LESS THAN 100 bucks a month.

The biggest deal was hearing and most of US  always felt it was a waste of time to even apply. I had 2 uncles who served in WW2 a father who served in the Korean war a grandfather who served BETWEEN WARS . Great grandfathers who served in the ww1.
All of them dealt with VAC some with some success. Not one of them got any amount and very little follow up care.

BUT in ever case it was appreciated. They lived in rural MARITIMES of Canada  in very humble surrounding. They were post war and pre war DIRT FARMERS that meant broke all the time surviving and happy  but broke. So RAVE all you want about the "TRUCKING" good old days ....Live in the mistaken belief what you think was so damn good with the PA.
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE TO GET ANYTHING. Some of you older veterans remember what i am talking about. Some comfortably forget .

One of my  Uncle was an artillery officer for 7 yrs  in WW2 he applied for hearing aid multi times under the PA and he was nearly 80 yrs old and in tears when he was finally given the benefit of the doubt and approved for 5% hearing lost.

THE PA SYSTEM PRIOR TO 2006 WAS A TOTAL MESS FOR POST WAR VETERANS.

IT WAS BARELY ACCEPTABLE FOR WAR VETERANS BUT IN THOSE DAYS PEOPLE WERE DELIGHTED WITH A 20$ BABY BONUS CHEQUE. Getting  a few bucks extra bucks from VAC was like a gift from God.  

I agree we need to get the benefits to more veterans with less hassle and fairer system. BUTTTTTT    PPPPlease shut the heck up about how good the old PA system is compared to what is available. It truly wasnt what you think in reality for POST Korean war Vets.
The PA system with NVC....tax free pensions for life and all the benefits. Seems simple enough. The cost is the only reason this combination will be rejected!   Christmas is a time
for dreaming. Dreams do come true sometimes. I would support it! The people we put in power would rather cut off their own testicles than fund this. Back dating this and going forward provided no more wars this would cost,my estimate, 60 billion to back date and going forward and an additional increase 3-5 billion per year to support that is on top of what they get now. God help us if we get into another long term war.
Could someone else check my estimates thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:04

Dannypaj wrote:
Wildthing wrote:The fact is we were made a promise, a contract to be compensated under the PA with a life time tax free pension with cola as a thank you from the citizens of Canada for service to this country and the queen. We took that promise at face value as a gesture of our country's honour towards those willing to defend it. It's not just about money it's about respect, dignity, society as a whole. The PA is the foundation NVC is the walls and roof that should have been added once the foundation was in place. The PA or equivalent absolutely must be reinstated.

http://oakwoodherald.com/cooperation-with-government-isnt-working-veterans-need-to-start-making-noise/131033/

You are not alone.

Why is it that what Wild says, makes a whole lot of sense?
The same reason why we now have the media behind us for support now a days more then ever.
Thankfully, social media and the internet will make the GOC more transparent and not by choice.
Read FB, forums, books and articles.

None is raving on how well we've been treated, but how the services have eroded.

Wild your on fire today, please remember what you ate today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 27 Dec 2017, 09:31

Wildthing wrote:The fact is we were made a promise, a contract to be compensated under the PA with a life time tax free pension with cola as a thank you from the citizens of Canada for service to this country and the queen. We took that promise at face value as a gesture of our country's honour towards those willing to defend it. It's not just about money it's about respect, dignity, society as a whole. The PA is the foundation NVC is the walls and roof that should have been added once the foundation was in place. The PA or equivalent absolutely must be reinstated.

http://oakwoodherald.com/cooperation-with-government-isnt-working-veterans-need-to-start-making-noise/131033/

You are not alone.

Why is it that what Wild says, makes a whole lot of sense?
The same reason why we now have the media behind us for support now a days more then ever.
Thankfully, social media and the internet will make the GOC more transparent and not by choice.
Read FB, forums, books and articles.
None is raving on how well we've been treated, but how the services have eroded.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 08:53

The fact is we were made a promise, a contract to be compensated under the PA with a life time tax free pension with cola as a thank you from the citizens of Canada for service to this country and the queen. We took that promise at face value as a gesture of our country's honour towards those willing to defend it. It's not just about money it's about respect, dignity, society as a whole. The PA is the foundation NVC is the walls and roof that should have been added once the foundation was in place. The PA or equivalent absolutely must be reinstated.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 26 Dec 2017, 00:57

ya I get ya buds living here in NB but born and raised in cape Breton . living here near a bunch of other ex infantry capers enjoying the swamp life lol. I didn't say you were angry . read again . I just pointed out that when you stated I was angry because I was getting more than you well I didn't think you were quite correct about that.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 26 Dec 2017, 00:45

i not angry with you pro i think your a swell guy tbh i like your bark keeps me coming back lol we just see things diff thats all i like what you say i believe in what you say i just don't see it getting back to that state in my life time and i am a newf we had the old abc when gov peed off nfld and they joined together tossed all support behind another horse this will happen again you can't keep breaking promises to people and not have them turn on you no matter what party it is i just hope that one day a party hopfully vets but a party that will run on truths mean what you say and say what you mean i will support that all the way to the end

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 26 Dec 2017, 00:38

people are getting denied just as much today as they were in 2005 bud its the same system . now you say I'm angry because I make more than you lol nice way to word that . yaa not quite and I think you know that . ya know what can happen without the PA pension ??? you can burn up your buyout loose all your appeals and not use the last of you dollars on a civi lawyer but on a life insurance policy . and say around 18 months ago drive down I think its still call highway 7 the one from Oromocto to st john at 6 AM and drive head first into a transfer truck accidentally of course .

I believe stuff like this happens more than you think stuff that wouldn't if he had the PA pension . and you say I'm angry because I'm making more than you. NO BUDS I'm angry about something else .

this is the system your happy with well that's just fine by me .

fact is the application system hasn't changed so people are getting fracked just as much as they use to just getting less for there troubles .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 26 Dec 2017, 00:08

you said it right there wild thats what sucks about vac we need vets to make a party kick them all off the hill and fire all the head !!@$%@!%!^!#$^# out of vac lol

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next