Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correct me if I'm wrong

+2
Teager
Supremedebater
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Correct me if I'm wrong Empty Re: Correct me if I'm wrong

Post by bigrex Mon 05 Nov 2018, 17:58

getting CPPD does NOT reduce the amount of CIA that VAC has to pay out , if approved.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 11:57

bigrex wrote:CPPD has absolutely no bearing on being approved CIA, let alone the level of CIA. Every decision from VAC can be appealed, whether it's a departmental review, or through VRAB. Did BPA tell you that they do not handle CIA appeals? Or did they just say they didn't think that you had a case for appeal? because if they don't think they will be successful, they won't want to waste their time and efforts.

Also, I was talking about applications and appeals for CIAS, just going away in April. If you have CIA now, even if you have an appeal in, it will be morphed into the APSC, at the same level.
you would think that they would take a vet receiving CPPD into consideration considering its money they don’t have to pay out as that CPPD money would be deducted from anything VAC is providing

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sat 03 Nov 2018, 13:12

There is nothing to 'correct' in your observations. They are renaming, re-complicating what is already in place. Wait till they finally 'disclose' how they/VAC are going to apply it to our files in ... April of 2019. Waiting for the next election .... .

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 13:07

Teager wrote:There is no appeal for CIA. It is a review that you have to ask for in writing. "A Veteran who is dissatisfied with any CIA or CIA supplement decision may request a review in writing. "

If there is new evidence or your medical/illness has gotten worse then I would ask for the review. You should also look at the CIA policy and different levels and explain why you feel you deserve that level based on the medical criteria that is laid out.
thx I originally submitted application by applying my disability to the criteria posted on the levels of CIA,the only new evidence would be a psychiatrist recommending I not work and Cppd,

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 03 Nov 2018, 12:54

There is no appeal for CIA. It is a review that you have to ask for in writing. "A Veteran who is dissatisfied with any CIA or CIA supplement decision may request a review in writing. "

If there is new evidence or your medical/illness has gotten worse then I would ask for the review. You should also look at the CIA policy and different levels and explain why you feel you deserve that level based on the medical criteria that is laid out.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 12:24

bigrex wrote:CPPD has absolutely no bearing on being approved CIA, let alone the level of CIA. Every decision from VAC can be appealed, whether it's a departmental review, or through VRAB. Did BPA tell you that they do not handle CIA appeals? Or did they just say they didn't think that you had a case for appeal? because if they don't think they will be successful, they won't want to waste their time and efforts.

Also, I was talking about applications and appeals for CIAS, just going away in April. If you have CIA now, even if you have an appeal in, it will be morphed into the APSC, at the same level.
BPA said they will only take cases where an existing disability claim has been denied or that a disability was granted but the % is wrong. They told me I’m on my own with anything CIA related

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Nov 2018, 11:42

CPPD has absolutely no bearing on being approved CIA, let alone the level of CIA. Every decision from VAC can be appealed, whether it's a departmental review, or through VRAB. Did BPA tell you that they do not handle CIA appeals? Or did they just say they didn't think that you had a case for appeal? because if they don't think they will be successful, they won't want to waste their time and efforts.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 10:35

bigrex wrote:I believe they will make it, so only applications approved before Apr 1st are being grandfathered. So if you have an application pending, or on appeal, I do not think they will be forced to honour it. This is my opinion only, as I have not seen anything written that confirms or denies what will happen to any outstanding applications when the changeover occurs. But that is why I feel the way I do. When the NVC was enacted, they were very vocal about the fact that any applications initiated before Apr 2006, would get a pension, regardless of when it was finally approved. But with CIAS, they haven't even addressed it one way or other, in the documentation, other than stating it's being rolled into the new IRB.
what’s the appeal process or is their one,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 10:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Nov 2018, 10:12

I believe they will make it, so only applications approved before Apr 1st are being grandfathered. So if you have an application pending, or on appeal, I do not think they will be forced to honour it. This is my opinion only, as I have not seen anything written that confirms or denies what will happen to any outstanding applications when the changeover occurs. But that is why I feel the way I do. When the NVC was enacted, they were very vocal about the fact that any applications initiated before Apr 2006, would get a pension, regardless of when it was finally approved. But with CIAS, they haven't even addressed it one way or other, in the documentation, other than stating it's being rolled into the new IRB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 03:40

Teager wrote:Yup, if you even think you could be entitled to CIAS get your application in now or before 1 April 2019
what if your application is in, gets denied and you appeal it after April 1, you will be asking VAC to recognize a claim for a benefit that no longer exists. If you win the case, they will just say “ we’re sorry, we agree with your disability but there is no longer CIA/CIAS “

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Fri 02 Nov 2018, 17:16

Yup, if you even think you could be entitled to CIAS get your application in now or before 1 April 2019

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Fri 02 Nov 2018, 16:55

My CM is pushing to get me DEC approved and therefore, CIAS before any of the changes are made on April 1, 2019. After that I will lose out. I currently get CIA.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 02 Nov 2018, 13:05

oh forgot to add . correct vets currently receiving CIAS will not lose it .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 02 Nov 2018, 13:03

hey buds the literature has been out and discussed here for a while . the loss is over $1100.00 a month for post april 1st 2019 vets .

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 02 Nov 2018, 12:00

The new vets will not get it on or after April 1 2019? Where is the literature on this?

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next