Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Srb being eliminated

+16
derngt
cdnnavy77
Gunner8
vaincre
LAD
SIGS PIGS
cosmo12
Teager
johnny211
Tilap61
Cctchevy18
Armygunner
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Vet1234
bigrex
Rustytheviking
20 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Srb being eliminated  Empty Re: Srb being eliminated

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 02 Oct 2019, 08:42

That explains it. Thanks. Still was not able to contribute to saving. Strange rules.

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 08:31

You must be DEC prior to april 2019. So sorry for you. On IRB and DEC before April 2019.

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 02 Oct 2019, 08:27

No I was not DEC but on vocational rehab. Nothing on my VAC account. I called and they said "most" payouts were done....

CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 08:24

[quote="daverobitaille@rogers.com"]Did everyone received there payout for SRB being eliminated? I was on ELB for 14 months before April 01 2019. I still have nothing and some guys have received there letter and money. Just wondering if I was not the only one.[/quote]

Call VAC. Did you get a letter in your VAC account? 1st thing that comes to mind for me were you DEC prior to April 2019?

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 02 Oct 2019, 08:18

Did everyone received there payout for SRB being eliminated? I was on ELB for 14 months before April 01 2019. I still have nothing and some guys have received there letter and money. Just wondering if I was not the only one.

CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 29 Sep 2019, 10:04

bigrex wrote:That's the thing. they didn't write a whole new policy, they just modified the existing one. Change a few words here and there, change the title of some of the benefits, Etc. So it's possible that they just went through and removed the wording of CIAS, and changed all references to ELB, to IRB, and CIA to APSC, without really looking at the context of the policy. Because if you are not entitled to the IRB, then there is absolutely no point in seeking a DEC determination. the only other explanation, is that the sentence is supposed to say "... Veteran is no longer eligible for IRB, ..." which would mean that
well I’ll be posting the question to myvacc Monday, lol
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Sun 29 Sep 2019, 09:13

Merci pour votre aide.

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Sun 29 Sep 2019, 08:40

Bonjour,
De mon côté, quand je vais consulter mes avantages financiers sur mon vac, je ne vois plus rien!???
Prestation d'invalidité plus rien à part les dépôts des 24 derniers mois....
Avantages financiers plus rien à part les dépôts des 24 derniers mois...
Prestation du PAAC, eux sont encore là.
Quelqu' un peut m'éclairer, svp.
Merci, bonne journée.

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 28 Sep 2019, 22:18

That's the thing. they didn't write a whole new policy, they just modified the existing one. Change a few words here and there, change the title of some of the benefits, Etc. So it's possible that they just went through and removed the wording of CIAS, and changed all references to ELB, to IRB, and CIA to APSC, without really looking at the context of the policy. Because if you are not entitled to the IRB, then there is absolutely no point in seeking a DEC determination. the only other explanation, is that the sentence is supposed to say "... Veteran is no longer eligible for IRB, ..." which would mean that
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 28 Sep 2019, 18:44

bigrex wrote:Honestly, I have no idea, because for someone to not eligible for IRB, it would mean that their primary medical issues, would not be linked to their military service. But since DEC, is only required to approved IRB, beyond the rehabilitation period, I don't know why this would be an issue.

Unless this was something that really should have been taken out in April. Back when a Veteran could apply for DEC, even if they were not eligible for ELB, because they still needed the DEC determination for CIAS.
well it’s right from their new updated policy so I’m sure it’s supposed to be there, but as usual I can’t understand their gibberish.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 28 Sep 2019, 18:32

Honestly, I have no idea, because for someone to not eligible for IRB, it would mean that their primary medical issues, would not be linked to their military service. But since DEC, is only required to approved IRB, beyond the rehabilitation period, I don't know why this would be an issue.

Unless this was something that really should have been taken out in April. Back when a Veteran could apply for DEC, even if they were not eligible for ELB, because they still needed the DEC determination for CIAS.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 28 Sep 2019, 10:23

bigrex wrote:That means that the department can initiate a DEC assessment, to see if a Veteran approaching age 65, will be eligible for benefits after age 65, or not. That is different than having policy that says that a Veteran who reaches a certain age, while getting ELB/IRB, is automatically DEC, basically because they are too old to return to the work force.

Personally, I would have split the IRB into two separate programs, even if they offered the same monthly financial amount. When placed on the Rehab program, you would qualify for the RIB (Rehab Income Benefit). This would be a temporary benefit, that allows the Veteran to maintain a livable income while in school or in treatment. If the Veteran is deemed DEC, they are taken off the RIB, and placed on the IRB, which is paid for life.

That way, it reduces the confusion, between some Veterans only getting IRB for a couple of years, others getting it for several years, and some getting it for life. Most Veterans have never heard of DEC, or realize how large of a role it plays on their futures, until they are placed in the situation,of needing the DEC determination or face losing significant financial supports. But if a Veteran is getting something called the Rehab Income Benefit, it's clearly linked to the Rehab program, and is only payable while participating in the rehab program. And it would also be apparent that in order to get the IRB, which is a lifelong benefit, you would need to go through a completely separate approval process, that includes the DEC assessment.

“10.Veterans, whose rehabilitation plans have been cancelled prior to a DEC determination, will have to re-establish eligibility for the Rehabilitation Program for a health problem resulting primarily for service under section 8 of the Act in order to have a DEC determination.
11.In cases where a Veteran’s IRB has been cancelled, the Veteran, prior to age 65, will have to re-establish eligibility for IRB for a health problem resulting primarily from service, in order to have a DEC. For more information with respect to IRB cancellation please refer to the Income Replace Benefit policy.
12. For the purposes of identifying suitable and gainful employment in a DEC determination when a Veteran is not eligible for IRB, VAC may determine an imputed income comparable to the amount that would have been used for IRB purposes had the Veteran been eligible for the benefit. The calculation is not necessary, if VAC can reasonably determine that the Veteran has a DEC due to impacts of eligible health problems”....in this portion of the DEC policy. 10.11.&12. What exactly are they saying in the 3rd paragraph. Is this for veterans who have had their IRB cancelled by VAC.? Under what circumstances would a veteran not qualify for IRB.? Are they suggesting they would cancel a veterans IRB and replace it with some other form of income.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Sat 28 Sep 2019, 10:02

daverobitaille@rogers.com wrote:Still no letter for the payout on my VAC account. Any one did? I was told on the phone that they are starting late September and it will take until the end of the year to complete. Just passing the ball to the new government coming soon I guess....

My letter was posted to MYVAC account on Wednesday and the cash in the bank today,,,,

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Sat 28 Sep 2019, 09:37

Still no letter for the payout on my VAC account. Any one did? I was told on the phone that they are starting late September and it will take until the end of the year to complete. Just passing the ball to the new government coming soon I guess....

CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 14 Sep 2019, 12:50

That means that the department can initiate a DEC assessment, to see if a Veteran approaching age 65, will be eligible for benefits after age 65, or not. That is different than having policy that says that a Veteran who reaches a certain age, while getting ELB/IRB, is automatically DEC, basically because they are too old to return to the work force.

Personally, I would have split the IRB into two separate programs, even if they offered the same monthly financial amount. When placed on the Rehab program, you would qualify for the RIB (Rehab Income Benefit). This would be a temporary benefit, that allows the Veteran to maintain a livable income while in school or in treatment. If the Veteran is deemed DEC, they are taken off the RIB, and placed on the IRB, which is paid for life.

That way, it reduces the confusion, between some Veterans only getting IRB for a couple of years, others getting it for several years, and some getting it for life. Most Veterans have never heard of DEC, or realize how large of a role it plays on their futures, until they are placed in the situation,of needing the DEC determination or face losing significant financial supports. But if a Veteran is getting something called the Rehab Income Benefit, it's clearly linked to the Rehab program, and is only payable while participating in the rehab program. And it would also be apparent that in order to get the IRB, which is a lifelong benefit, you would need to go through a completely separate approval process, that includes the DEC assessment.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next