Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access To Information...

2 posters

Go down

Access To Information... Empty Re: Access To Information...

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2019, 21:03

Newf wrote:Well, I have made similar enquires in the past when I was working with the RCMP.  The person who you are making the enquires about is usually the person who reviews his email account for the info requested.  

So in your example, Johnny211 will be the person contacted by the ATIP coordinator to search his email account for all messages relating to sleeping dog or the details of your request.  

In the past, I have attempted to bypass this process so the person is unaware of the enquiry but it does not work.  The person will be made aware of your request.  

You may want to consider rewording your request so the CM is not singled out.  For example;  I am requesting all documentation in the possession of VAC and it’s employees that references me ( sleeping dog).
it’s too late, the request already went in, I was just wondering if the Cm will be notified that I am building a case against them

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Mon 18 Mar 2019, 16:35

Well, I have made similar enquires in the past when I was working with the RCMP. The person who you are making the enquires about is usually the person who reviews his email account for the info requested.

So in your example, Johnny211 will be the person contacted by the ATIP coordinator to search his email account for all messages relating to sleeping dog or the details of your request.

In the past, I have attempted to bypass this process so the person is unaware of the enquiry but it does not work. The person will be made aware of your request.

You may want to consider rewording your request so the CM is not singled out. For example; I am requesting all documentation in the possession of VAC and it’s employees that references me ( sleeping dog).
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2019, 15:53

johnny211 wrote:Sleeping Dog - not sure on Yr ? I put an ATIP about a mth ago. I just printed out the form, and took it into our district office. Then a wk later got a letter saying they where working on it. Then 2 wks after that I got a Canada post notice to pick the registered letter at the PO. I was surprised it was so fast. All the names of Vac employees who worked on it, where visible. VVV...
oh I know I’ll get all paperwork with my name attached to it but suppose johnny211 was my Cm, and I asked for all correspondence between the two of us, does vac also notify johnny211 that there has been an inquiry about them.? I guess there is no way to know

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 18 Mar 2019, 15:26

Sleeping Dog - not sure on Yr ? I put an ATIP about a mth ago. I just printed out the form, and took it into our district office. Then a wk later got a letter saying they where working on it. Then 2 wks after that I got a Canada post notice to pick the registered letter at the PO. I was surprised it was so fast. All the names of Vac employees who worked on it, where visible. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Mon 18 Mar 2019, 15:24

Sleeping Dog, i am not sure if you are aware but you can also make a Privacy Act request for this information and it does not cost you any fees.

If you are asking for copies of emails sent or received by a VAC employee then he/she will be made aware of your request. Usually, it is the VAC employee who provides this information to the ATIP co-ordinator. (On a personal note, I have taken issues with this process with another Government Department because their is nothing stopping this employee from choosing what information is disclosed and he/she will not disclose information that will make him look bad).

Good luck with your request
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Access To Information... Empty Access To Information...

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2019, 14:44

Does anyone know if you request all information regarding yourself and VAC and or a specific VAC employee , if that employee is officially notified that a collection of data is being conducted on them.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down