Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help

3 posters

Go down

PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help Empty Re: PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help

Post by DTC861 Wed 24 Apr 2019, 14:09

So I have still heard nothing from VAC. I also submitted an ATIP request to see if I can find anything in my records. Like most things in life I guess if you want something done you need to do it yourself lol

DTC861
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-04-08

Back to top Go down

PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help Empty Re: PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2019, 18:20

I know it's confusing, but VAC isn't going ti risk making any big mistakes on these calculations. So I'm sure that more than one accountant, has verified the numbers. So, as long as you have said that there seems to be an error, it cannot be held against you, if they do a review. The thing is, this is all a problem, of their own making. After all, it was the Liberals who paid out the DA top ups in 2017, just to make us pay that money back, 2 years later, and making the calculations far more complicated in the process.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 18 Apr 2019, 17:22

If you think about it, it means the da amount on that line is less that what it should be, which means less to pay Back, which means more PFL. So you are getting a bit more than you should be

If they don’t get back to you, as long as it was reported via myVac, you did your due diligence. Let them fix it when they get to it.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help Empty PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help

Post by DTC861 Thu 18 Apr 2019, 14:31

Hey guys I posted this a few days back but I'm getting the run around at VAC. When I got my letter I noticed that one of my DA award top up amounts was a negative number (by about 5K) just wondering if anyone else noticed this and if anyone has an idea as to why the top up amount would be a negative number. I tried to call VAC a few times and first time I got the canned response about PFL the next time I called (later in the day) The person stated that they had never seen that before. Can anyone help? not sure if I should challenge this or if I'm missing something.

PFL Letter and Calculations... Need Help Pfl_wo10

DTC861
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down