Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC excessive increase in response time

+11
doomed78
propat
bulldozer
Gunner8
Unknown Soldier
Ppclicaper
daverobitaille@rogers.com
cdnnavy77
Nemo
johnny211
Iceman
15 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by XMedic Thu 26 Sep 2019, 16:41

I submitted a claim December 28th and it has been sitting at step 3 since January.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 26 Sep 2019, 16:04

I will not get too far into my story but to say VAC knows my story and the paperwork they used to decide my DEC was from a court appointed psychologist and my family doctor.. I have a long history of hospital stays and saw many many psychiatrists and psychologists. My DEC was decided in my local VAC office as per my CM presenting it .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:51

Ppclicaper wrote:I never knew about DEC until I was told it was required for IIRB, CIAS and CIA2. So it was already late 2018 / early 2019..I would have to double check exact dates as all applications followed one step to another . But DEC was awarded end March 2019. Than CIAS was awarded and backdated same as CIA2 ... and IRB was switch to IIRB than now EELB
but when you say “ awarded” what did VAC base their opinion on, was there an actual inter disciplinary team that sat, or was just unusual circumstances
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:49

I never knew about DEC until I was told it was required for IIRB, CIAS and CIA2. So it was already late 2018 / early 2019..I would have to double check exact dates as all applications followed one step to another . But DEC was awarded end March 2019. Than CIAS was awarded and backdated same as CIA2 ... and IRB was switch to IIRB than now EELB . I was awarded DEC from paperwork they had from my psychologist, family doctor.

Last edited by Ppclicaper on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:56; edited 1 time in total

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:26

derngt wrote:
Ppclicaper wrote:I went from 2005 medically released with a ( 2002 ) PA pension only  ( 0 sum from sisip ). until 2018 .. when due to severe circumstances, communication with VAC once again started as initiated through the courts . I was immediately put on IRB , rehab , and paperwork went in for CIA and VIP ... after awarded IIRB ( ELB ) CIA and VIP .. paper work went In for CIAS and CIA review to CIA and DEC ... it took all in all approx 16 weeks for CIAS after DEC awarded .. everything else due to circumstances went through very fast. Awarded DEC ( March 2019 ) after almost 15 years ...Even after a few months in the Homewood PTSD Center ... I knew nothing of DEC ... I blame lack of info put out by VAC or follow ups ,, also I blame myself for not educating myself

Your story is my story..Released medical in 2005..No contact with VA until 2018..  Started Voc Rehab and ELB and CIA..Went DEC in March of 2019.  Applied and granted CIAS and CIA increase..I blame myself for not understanding what Voc Rehab was all about..Was told to apply many years ago...Very happy with my current treatment..Sure I waited for a couple months..Back Pay was nice..
my situation seems more common among veterans than I realized,if I may I'll pose the same question I just asked ppclicaper, just trying to get a bead on my own file
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:24

Ppclicaper wrote:I went from 2005 medically released with a ( 2002 ) PA pension only  ( 0 sum from sisip ). until 2018 .. when due to severe circumstances, communication with VAC once again started as initiated through the courts . I was immediately put on IRB , rehab , and paperwork went in for CIA and VIP ... after awarded IIRB ( ELB ) CIA and VIP .. paper work went In for CIAS and CIA review to CIA and DEC ... it took all in all approx 16 weeks for CIAS after DEC awarded .. everything else due to circumstances went through very fast. Awarded DEC ( March 2019 ) after almost 15 years ...Even after a few months in the Homewood PTSD Center ... I knew nothing of DEC ... I blame lack of info put out by VAC or follow ups ,, also I blame myself for not educating myself
it was 15 years since you were released but not 15 years from the time you cm recommended you for a dec,correct? Once the application started did they ask for or direct you to an osic psychiatrist or did they just grant you dec based on physical injuries alone? Sorry for all the questions but I'm in a similar boat.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 26 Sep 2019, 15:23

Your story is my story..Released medical in 2005..No contact with VA until 2018.. Started Voc Rehab and ELB and CIA..Went DEC in March of 2019. Applied and granted CIAS and CIA increase..I blame myself for not understanding what Voc Rehab was all about..Was told to apply many years ago...Very happy with my current treatment..Sure I waited for a couple months..Back Pay was nice..

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 26 Sep 2019, 14:57

I went from 2005 medically released with a ( 2002 ) PA pension only ( 0 sum from sisip ). until 2018 .. when due to severe circumstances, communication with VAC once again started as initiated through the courts . I was immediately put on IRB , rehab , and paperwork went in for CIA and VIP ... after awarded IIRB ( ELB ) CIA and VIP .. paper work went In for CIAS and CIA review to CIA and DEC ... it took all in all approx 16 weeks for CIAS after DEC awarded .. everything else due to circumstances went through very fast. Awarded DEC ( March 2019 ) after almost 15 years ...Even after a few months in the Homewood PTSD Center ... I knew nothing of DEC ... I blame lack of info put out by VAC or follow ups ,, also I blame myself for not educating myself

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 26 Sep 2019, 14:47

Ppclicaper wrote:13 years and medically released. CM put in paperwork for CIA , it was awarded level 3. Than afterwards DEC designation was awarded. CM put in for CIA review and CIAS. CIA increased to level 2 and CIAS was awarded.
if you don’t mind me asking how much time passed from the time you were released until vac declared you to have a DEC.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 26 Sep 2019, 13:48

MikeCeeGB wrote:Quick update:

Still no decision on the CIAS and grade level review and this is almost getting comical.
Ombudsman told me to basically suck it up. Also said he saw that I have three reassessments pending. Told me that it will easily be 18 months. Don’t sure who that office is working for, but I digress.
Have sent emails twice for updates and got the party line. Still working on applications from Feb. What an ineffective branch of government. Everything in the CAF moved at a break neck pace compared to that organization.
Good thing it’s an election ye-.......whoops never mind.

Just be positive and think backpay..You never had the extra cash to begin with in the first place..Dont worry be happy...

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Thu 26 Sep 2019, 13:11

Quick update:

Still no decision on the CIAS and grade level review and this is almost getting comical.
Ombudsman told me to basically suck it up. Also said he saw that I have three reassessments pending. Told me that it will easily be 18 months. Don’t sure who that office is working for, but I digress.
Have sent emails twice for updates and got the party line. Still working on applications from Feb. What an ineffective branch of government. Everything in the CAF moved at a break neck pace compared to that organization.
Good thing it’s an election ye-.......whoops never mind.

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:40

Put in my complaint with the Ombudsman today. Will see how that works out...

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 14:10

Thanks derngt. I just checked my bank account and I had 3700 deposited today. Not sure why the difference. Maybe the letters will clarify for me when I get them. Thanks.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:38

Gunner8 wrote:Was that for cia and CIAS?

yes

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:21

Was that for cia and CIAS?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next