Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexual Harassment Settlement

+5
Rubicon
Nemo
bigrex
By the Bay
umbrella001
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sexual Harassment Settlement - Page 3 Empty Re: Sexual Harassment Settlement

Post by Kramer Sat 20 Feb 2021, 12:11

FYI,

Just came across some news that some have started to receive compensation. Hopefully more will receive in the very near future.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 26 Nov 2020, 13:55

I feel for you umbrella001, I assisted my wife with her claim and over her 32 year career there were numerous examples of harassment, especially when away on deployment or training. She didn't enjoy thinking about and writing down all the misery. Her claim is in (A Class and B1/2 Class). I believe that she submitted it on the opening day. Now it is "Hurry Up and Wait" time. I will post when she has an answer. Take care of yourself.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Sexual Harassment Settlement - Page 3 Empty No progress

Post by umbrella001 Thu 26 Nov 2020, 13:30

The lawsuit is just as slow as VAC...no progress made and all they say is it will take a ‘significant’ amount of time to evaluate claims, typical. They ask you to revisit every single traumatic event in detail and then leave you to your own devices, I don’t even think applying was worth it at times tbh considering the crap I’ve had to dredge up all for a few bucks.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Sexual Harassment Settlement - Page 3 Empty CAF to Formally Apologize to Sexual Assault Victims

Post by Kramer Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:33

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Sexual Harassment Settlement - Page 3 Empty Harassment for mental issues

Post by Jordy Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:59

bigrex wrote:I'm not trying to diminish what any woman suffered, but I'm wondering if it has to be sexual harassment, or does harassment of any kind qualify? Hell, I was harassed so badly after being injured, that I actually had to spend the last several months of a 15 year career, on stress leave, just so that my CO would try to change my release note to a 5F (services no longer required), and take away my CF pension.

That's not something that ever gets talked about. After a week in a psych ward and a few months sick leave I went back to work and found I was blackballed by every single military friend(but one) including invites for sports. The daily harassment and mocking at work actually was brutal at times. Some people were nice but some were so bloody nasty. No one warns you when you have mental issues to keep them a secret because the harassment and hate you will receive after is mind blowing.

Jordy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordy Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:56

Basically it will be peanuts. 5000 min with 30 percent to lawyers and 30 percent to taxes.

Jordy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Fri 02 Aug 2019, 08:21

I found it interesting that CTV News is reporting this settlement equates to much less (per person) than what the RCMP settlement provides for essentially the same damned damages. Once again it shows what this Federal Government really thinks about the value of Canada's military. Was the Legion once again representing the veterans so that they got less or was it because we don't have a proper union representing our members in uniform like the RCMP does?

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 24 Jul 2019, 10:19

bigrex wrote:I'm not trying to diminish what any woman suffered, but I'm wondering if it has to be sexual harassment, or does harassment of any kind qualify? Hell, I was harassed so badly after being injured, that I actually had to spend the last several months of a 15 year career, on stress leave, just so that my CO would try to change my release note to a 5F (services no longer required), and take away my CF pension.

This lawsuit is not for general harassment. "Have you experienced sexual harassment, sexual assault or discrimination based on your sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation in connection with your military service or DND or SNPF employment? If so, this lawsuit may affect you. "
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 23 Jul 2019, 20:05

I'm not trying to diminish what any woman suffered, but I'm wondering if it has to be sexual harassment, or does harassment of any kind qualify? Hell, I was harassed so badly after being injured, that I actually had to spend the last several months of a 15 year career, on stress leave, just so that my CO would try to change my release note to a 5F (services no longer required), and take away my CF pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 22 Jul 2019, 17:59

umbrella001 wrote:Yes I've seen that, I was just wondering if folks were talking about it on this board somewhere. I didn't want to create duplicate threads. Seems like this is the only one so sharing the link is a good start. Cheers.

I know I will be attending the hearing for the court's approval on the Proposed Settlement Agreement scheduled for September 19 and 20 in Ottawa. So Hopefully, I'll be able to give some updates on the topic.

Cheers,

By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Mon 22 Jul 2019, 16:01

Yes I've seen that, I was just wondering if folks were talking about it on this board somewhere. I didn't want to create duplicate threads. Seems like this is the only one so sharing the link is a good start. Cheers.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 22 Jul 2019, 15:54

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Sexual Harassment Settlement - Page 3 Empty Sexual Harassment Settlement

Post by umbrella001 Sat 20 Jul 2019, 08:15

Is there a thread started yet discussing the sexual harassment settlement? I took a look but didn't see one...

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3