Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

+4
Zodiac
Unknown Soldier
Tireddad
daverobitaille@rogers.com
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 5 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Tireddad Fri 24 Jan 2020, 10:45

daverobitaille@rogers.com wrote:Is the initial 10% only covers medication and treatments or does it come with monetary compensation as well?

I’m not sure, I never got an initial 10%, my total amount (40%) happened even before I was expecting the initial 10% to come in. However, from what I understood (I could be wrong) it’s just the 10% amount for your situation based on spouse & kids. You use that money how you want to, but the idea is that it helps you deal with things while your claim gets processed.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 5 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Tireddad Fri 24 Jan 2020, 10:42

daverobitaille@rogers.com wrote:How long you guys waited for an answer for PTSD application? Mine is 3 months today from step 3.

From the time mine went to step 3 (October 2019) to the time a decision was made was about 6 weeks in early December. Then another 3 weeks until I received my first payment with retro. However, I think mine was on the quicker end of the typical time frame I think. So, hope that it is that quick, but plan on a much longer wait & if it happens quick you will be surprised.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Fri 24 Jan 2020, 10:01

Is the initial 10% only covers medication and treatments or does it come with monetary compensation as well?

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Fri 24 Jan 2020, 09:58

How long you guys waited for an answer for PTSD application? Mine is 3 months today from step 3.

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Wed 11 Dec 2019, 16:50

MaximusKwanHagen wrote:After reading all your posts here. In my humble opinion, everything will work out well with regard to VAC.  A reassessment will likely take place within 24 months. Depending on how you progressing your updated percentage will be determined. Possibly without a reassessment initiated by you.
Make sure you miss no appt, take all meds prescribed, join a support group and take care of yourself. Try to keep yourself in a peaceful place.
All the best!  

Thanks ... I just decided to call VAC and ask. Didn't realize it was so easy to ask &get answers directly from therm. It is in fact all done, completed means DONE. I was assessed at 40%. Retro cheque is being sent out today and monthly payments start in January.

I cannot believe how fast this happened. I was not expecting that.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2019, 16:46

After reading all your posts here. In my humble opinion, everything will work out well with regard to VAC. A reassessment will likely take place within 24 months. Depending on how you progressing your updated percentage will be determined. Possibly without a reassessment initiated by you.
Make sure you miss no appt, take all meds prescribed, join a support group and take care of yourself. Try to keep yourself in a peaceful place.
All the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Wed 11 Dec 2019, 15:32

MaximusKwanHagen wrote:I am not sure. You may have to apply for a reassessment. I am sure someone here will know the answer. The 10% just allows you to get medical help and benefits for your PTSD. Time and treatment will follow and the percentage usually rises.

I apologize - I don’t think I was initially very clear or chose my wording well - I have edited my last reply to properly reflect my actual question.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2019, 15:20

I am not sure. You may have to apply for a reassessment. I am sure someone here will know the answer. The 10% just allows you to get medical help and benefits for your PTSD. Time and treatment will follow and the percentage usually rises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Wed 11 Dec 2019, 15:15

MaximusKwanHagen wrote:All is completed. You will get an email soon within 10 days. Good luck. How long was your wait time from Step 3?

4 months.  That’s why I’m asking, because this seems really fast.  I have not received any decision or any % amount thus far.

Could this new status change to “complete”  - Mean an initialI 10% & then I will still have a stabilization time for the final adjudication amount?  Or does “complete” actually mean “Complete” as in the final decision & final amount?

Last edited by Tireddad on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 15:30; edited 2 times in total

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2019, 15:12

All is completed. You will get an email soon within 10 days. Good luck. How long was your wait time from Step 3?

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 5 Empty Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Tireddad Wed 11 Dec 2019, 13:29

Hello forum,

I noticed this morning that my PTSD claim status changed this morning from “Stage 3” to “Complete”. Does this mean that VAC has reached a decision and also adjudicated my claim or only that they have made a decision whether my claim is accepted or not, but I will still have to wait for an adjudication amount?

I have not yet received any decision or award amount prior to this. Just trying to figure out what I should be expecting as a next step?

Thanks for any insights.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5