Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC / SISIP

2 posters

Go down

VAC / SISIP  Empty Re: VAC / SISIP

Post by Steelgunner Mon 31 Oct 2022, 15:50

Well, I got a letter today that sheds some light on this topic.  This is interesting because I did make a post on here before about cost of living increase that we are getting from indexing from government sources that usually give the standard 2.4 % increase.  I wrote the ombudsman and VAC to inquire about cost of living increase vrs the consumer price index.  The old pension act calculated these rates differently from the New pension act and pension for life deal.  On a side note as a Veteran i feel that Veterans need to be involved 100% because the government does not manage this department very well.   I am speaking from experience being under 3 different pension disability acts during my time in the Army. A big thank you to guy’s like Manuge, Buryea, and Jost taking the time and effort to take the government to court.  Real veterans should run the department not politicians with a political agenda.  

Maybe this year we will get the right cost of living increase.  8.8 is the current percentage but I feel it’s closer to 15%.

From VAC:
“We have adjusted your Income Replacement Benefit to reflect changes to income sources you receive as a result of increases to the Consumer Price Index for 2022.
Your Income Replacement Benefit is calculated considering amounts you receive from other income sources. Many of those income sources use an indexing methodology which differs from that which is used by Veterans Affairs Canada (as prescribed by the Veterans Well-being Act and Regulations).
We have updated your Income Replacement Benefit to reflect changes to indexing rates in 2022 by income sources which are external to Veterans Affairs Canada, such as Canadian Armed Forces Long-term Disability, Canadian Forces Superannuation, Canada Pension Plan and Quebec Pension Plan.
As a result of this update, you will receive an adjustment payment retroactive to January 1, 2022. You may also experience an increase in your Income Replacement Benefit monthly amount (provided there are no other changes affecting your benefit payment or eligibility).”

Steelgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2022-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Sep 2022, 11:29

Steelgunner wrote:A few months back I was asked to give permission for either VAC or SISIP to look into my past payments. I have no idea what for and I asked and VAC with no reply.  I thought maybe an over payment or underpayment.  Does anyone no what this would be about? One of the many confusing class action suits?

Thanks in advance.
Steelgunner

I have not read or heard anything.....but you mention class action.......I am wondering if it could be the Pension Error that had been certified a while back?

I find anything going through the courts is at a mind-numbing snails pace (3 D's) and this lawsuit is no different......so the FSA could be in the next decade?

"The plaintiffs’ summary trial motion will be heard January 9-12, 2023 in Ottawa"

https://vetspensionerror.ca/
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

VAC / SISIP  Empty VAC / SISIP

Post by Steelgunner Mon 19 Sep 2022, 11:18

A few months back I was asked to give permission for either VAC or SISIP to look into my past payments. I have no idea what for and I asked and VAC with no reply.  I thought maybe an over payment or underpayment.  Does anyone no what this would be about? One of the many confusing class action suits?

Thanks in advance.
Steelgunner

Steelgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2022-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down