Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

+5
pteadams2002
OldZipperhead
Brasidas
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions - Page 5 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 22:23

Navrat I was told by my area councillor at VAC that the changes to ELB will take longer because it all has to go through parliament. Apparently the changes to SISIP to stop the clawback was an easier process because there was no legislation involved. But the retroactive payment/s are another issue thats still being resolved, I just don't see what the issue is. Government acted improperly and illegally and imorally. So, just cough up the dough to lighten the load.

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions - Page 5 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 22:18

hi navrat since the negotiations are closed we will not know about damages until its done.the last time i checked the moast allawable by law in canada is 350,000 per person.so somewhere between that and o would be fairly accurate lol.i know that dosent help much but its all i got.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 20:50

Really i dont understand why the government has to take until 2013 for the VAC clawback to stop. It seems a whole lot easier to do then the sisip case which requires lawyers , damages, interest etc. Also does anyone know what percent the lawyers are asking for damages for us and the effective interest rate for the retro.
navrat out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 20:38

there is 984 views at the moment... obvious there is many affected by this!!! lets get some stories... people must be visiting this site because they been affected.. both sides of the lawyers are reading this, and probably many goverment officials..... let them read the struggles and have it stuck in there head ..

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Thu 09 Aug 2012, 19:45

I was attending college (Rehab training) between Sept 2001 and May 2004 and the first year+ (Sept 2001 to Nov 2002) saw everything I got from SISIP, which wasn’t much, clawed back. This at a time when I was away from my wife and children (course I was taking was in BC and the Family was in Ontario), trying to focus on college, doped up on medication and having to deal with my disabilities. Talk about desperation and darkness. Thinking back on it, I almost have the feeling that the Government, DVA and SISIP wanted me to cease to exist, so they wouldn’t have to pay out anything. Good thing the military developed within me the perseverance, guts and determination to keep going, but it was tough on more occasions than I care to remember. I hope the Judge throws the book at the Government and makes them pay right back to when it became mandatory to pay into SISIP, since the choice was taken out of our hands at that time. Maybe the next time, the government might think twice about screwing the Veteran. Wait a minute, what am I saying, that wouldn’t stop the Government from screwing anybody if they think they can get away with it. Maybe the Government needs a warning shot across the bow?
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 09:02

Thanks Brasidas. I appreciate your sentiment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Thu 09 Aug 2012, 08:48

SITREP, I hope it gets cleared up soon. Going to school with the clawback is an ordeal to say the least. If they would stop doing it you would have a little more piece of mind to concentrate on the school work.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 07:49

I hear ya mfors. The joke is over, the gov needs to get a move on. I'm tired of this whole issue hanging around making a nuisance of itself. If we owed the gov that money they would just take it like they did before with the clawback. The problem is there is no accountability with the government. Just people that make decisions and try to use one formula to solve the many complex issues vets and civilians have. I find it hilarious that these people would think that just because one program or policy works for one person they automatically think it will work for all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 07:41

i agree sitrep with your comment on getting this done ,finished ,history, money in the bank!!! we need the 2000 or so reading these to take the 2 minutes time to sighn up log in and state their stories like you...we know the ones holding these payments back are reading this.....
me i want this money in my bank yesterday so i can share some of it to my brother who has helped me with my demons and struggles for the last 10 years.... he knows i appreciate but buying him new set of golf clubs and giving him a few bucks will make me feel better because he sacrificed to me words is just not enough... JUST LIKE THE WORDS WE GET FROM GOVERMENT its not enough put the money in my bank and show me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 06:14

I've been on ELB for 3 years now and have had my VAC disability pension clawed back the entire time. I want that money back. I gotta say I'm gettin pissed off. I start college in September and had to move to an entirley new city, where I don't know a soul and my rent has doubled from my last apartment. I need the clawback to end and I need my retroactive money paid back for the three years plus. They owe me about $17,000 and counting before taxes and other horseshit. I know I'm not the only one in this position, they can't possibly stick it up all our asses, can they?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 08 Aug 2012, 23:20

Unfortunately, this government doesn't like retro-activity, so I fear the changes to ELB will only go back as far as the 1st of July, if they go back at all. Most everything else they have done has been on a go forward basis from the date they make the changes. Perfect example was the 40K minimum wages for those on ELB. As far as I know, they didn't go back and pay any extra money owed to those on ELB for the several months between the first announcement and when the changes were actually adopted.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 19:55

I was told May 2012 but like I said info will be coming out at the end of August. I will try to get some details about retroactivity for the ELB. I agree if it goes back to 2006 (date of the New Veteran Charter) it would be very good for those on ELB.

So sorry SITREP you are going to have to wait a few more weeks.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 19:02

How far back are they going to pay retroactive payments to those that have been receiving ELB? Please, someone tell me as far back as the establishment of ELB. This is the question I cannot get answered, from any source.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 17:42

Thanks for the offer D but like I posted back in July there will be movement on the info. around the end of this month.

Blaney wants the memo to cabinet ready for when the House resumes in Sept and I have been told that it is 99.99% sure it will be retro to 1 May like the SISIP lawsuit.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 16:13

Ron i can send you a copy of this to post on the news page if you think it is worth it. It does have to be legislated, the change to the ELB clawback, sucks, but that is the way the new charter works, same as when they had to pass the raise to $40 K per year minimum for veterans on ELB. Had to be written, passed, and then regulations dolled out to VAC staff to implement.

Blaney knows he will start taking heat as soon as they are back in Ottawa in September, so as Ron said, he is going to be having to tell us what's going on or how long, if he will do that.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next