Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people are starting to get their packages

+2
PipperNavy
OldZipperhead
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some people are starting to get their packages Empty Re: Some people are starting to get their packages

Post by PipperNavy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 19:27

Hey I got that letter for a ELB form last Thursday and I phone my Vac ladie and she said The ELB just came back on line ..
In short from Vac web site ---------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Earnings Loss Benefit*

An income replacement program that ensures your income does not fall below 75% of your gross pre-release military salary. This benefit is taxable and is payable while you are taking part in the rehabilitation or vocational assistance program. The Earnings Loss Benefit will ensure that you have a total pre-tax income of at least $40,000 per year (with the exception of some reservists).

You may qualify for the Earnings Loss Benefit if you are:
•a CF Veteran who is eligible for the Rehabilitation Program or vocational assistance services from VAC; or
•the survivor of a CF member or Veteran who died due to: ◦a service-related injury or disease; or
◦a non-service-related injury or disease aggravated by service.

Last edited by PipperNavy on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 19:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Some people are starting to get their packages Empty Re: Some people are starting to get their packages

Post by VetWife Wed 24 Oct 2012, 18:50

Just an FYI for those out there who are eligible for ELB but not receiving $ as VAC being deducted. We received my husbands letter from VAC today with their income questionannaire, they advised we need to send back ASAP with income amount and verification and then the file will be reviewed and we'll start receiving some $. Took a full week to get to the middle of nowhere BC from charlottetown so will take a full week to get back I'm guessing, not sure how long a file review will take but I have faith that we'll soon be able to afford heat and lights in the same month for a change.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 17:12

Don't know what they told you, abetterway, but mine is in the mail, they called me yesterday, I never called them, it was a senior sisip ltd manager, she left a 10 minute voice mail detailing everything and also telling me the amount and I should get it Thursday or Friday. Monday at latest by express post. They are probably just telling you that. Listen to Dennis , and oh many thanks from my family!Mr . Manuge

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 17:08

Good point dennismanuge Sisip as a whole !! don't really don't give a flying Shit !! Sad . But the lawyers *do care* that so many of us paid our whole Military Careers for Insurance LTD.. Just to be denieded .. OMG
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 16:39

not sure why anyone would listen to a SISIp staffer with anything other then skepticism....
check, verify and re-check....

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 24 Oct 2012, 15:02

If you do not get it on time demand anather 5% interest .

peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 14:25

I just had a thought. We are supposed to start getting cheques starting in October but they are delayed. So if the cheque for October was initially meant for us on 01 October then Novembers cheque should be on 01 November. That would mean we get two cheques in relatively the same time thus providing enough money to seriously pay down some bills. Or the cheques were meant for 31 October, the end of November and end of December. Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 24 Oct 2012, 14:12

Dave retired in 2002, deemed permanently disabled in 2004 and zeroed out in Dec of 2005. He just called again and was told he was on the list to receive a check and a package and that it would be sent express post between now and Nov 9th, she couldn't give him an amount. So it would seem that the declaration of permanent disability is probably the deciding factor at this point.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 14:08

I just talked to sisip, i was informed they didn't know when my package would be sent out, but they had until nov 9. I suggested that some people had already recieved theirs already, based on what some people said on here. she informed me that that wasn't true, she said no one had recieved their package yet. ???????????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 24 Oct 2012, 14:04

My husband was on LTD for 3.5 years before his DVA zeroed him out...so he was deemed permanently disabled, but he hasn't done a medical since 2005. SISIP told him he was on the list in the first few days that we were to call in, we'll see if he gets any money in the next couple of weeks.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 13:27

No medicals, no cash, also if anyone told them to F off , then sisip considered that a voluntary withdraw from sisip ltd

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:48

Thanks for the feed back .. and I did a short six week online course (2003) that Sisip paid for:: but I didn't do thier medicals .. cause I wasn't recieving any Monies..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:43

The info I am getting from two vet.s here is that they are not on the list because they were cut of after following rehab training a few years back. Once the training over the president of sisip at the time called them and said that they shoyuld be making a living from there rehab and cut them out. The main problem here is that this guy was judge, jury and executionner all at once. My guess is that many men are in this situation. That is probabli what is going on the secong list. Hope nobody falls in the cracks. This is going to be had work for the legal team.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:28

If you never filled out a medical for them you probably were never deemed permanently disabled and your file was closed after your 2 year retraining period. I am sure this is one of the groups of vets that the lawyers are looking to get reinstated with proxies... but it couldn't hurt to send them an e-mail to confirm. It is really important, not only going forward, but for the amount of retro you would be entitled to, to establish that you were permanently disabled at the end of the initial 24 months.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:17

I phoned this morning and the lady said I wasn't on the list(might be still on list with the lawyer) and to check back in a couple of weeks ?? Did any one else get this message .. I stumped ??
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next