Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people are starting to get their packages

+2
PipperNavy
OldZipperhead
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some people are starting to get their packages - Page 2 Empty Re: Some people are starting to get their packages

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 07:07

Ya, they said there is a workout sheet with calculations and deductions. ,so I will have to take a look at it, that's one thing I want to get paid , but not over paid. Maybe with the dtc and dependants they didn't take off any taxes , who knows, just glad it's enroute thou

Back to top Go down

Some people are starting to get their packages - Page 2 Empty Re: Some people are starting to get their packages

Post by bigrex Wed 24 Oct 2012, 04:26

Navrat, I would watch how much they send you. $2700 sounds awfully high. I was maxed out as a Spec 1 Leading Seaman, and my only other source of income, other than DVA, is my CF pension for 15 years, and my EELB is only $2420 before taxes. I just don't want you to get overpaid and then get screwed over afterwards by having to pay any back. Unless of course, your CPP(D) with 5 kids is far less than I'm thinking.

I remember the old days. Nothing beat a hot summer day better than a swim at Sooke potholes.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 00:16

I was released in 2003 5/5 70 % (PTSD) and I never recieved any thing from Sisip,.cause they stated I was making too much money. They contacted me for medicals ?? For what ?? I was so pissed I told them to faak off .. cause they weren't doing shit for me in any means.. So I'm not sure if this means I fall under a rock or zero club . Hey I live in Sooke .. wife's home town .. just up from the Fire Hall ..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 23:07

Sooke I live there, I wonder if we know each other?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:47

Yes, old vet, but now you should apply for everything because sisip will no longer take it off, get to a 100 percent and you can get EIA which is tax free, something to think about

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:30

I was released in 2005 and had been assessed at 85% I would be entitled to more, however never applied, everything extra I got from DVA SISIP took, so why bother, at the time. Hell I broke my back, it kills me and I never applied for DVA, why? SISIP would have taken it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:24

Old vet when were you released

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:22

So old vet , you should be getting a nice one, I was released just shy of 10 years, 2 months shy, but my only income was from vac and cpp, this zero me out from the first day on sisip. I was told my check is for 2700 so you are probably close I get 107 vac from beginning, CPPD from beginning with 5 dependants

Last edited by navrat on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:19

Sooke, bc , what a beautiful place, you call the 1-855 number and just ask if you are on the first list. They are working on the second list, but knowing ,Peter , it's probably already done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:18

Ty Navrat; Godspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:18

I was on SISIP LTD for almost 5 years before they told me to apply for CPP D, I was then approved than lost everything and ZERO"D out. I was released 3 months shy of a CF annuity, so my only source of income was DVA and a small amount from SISIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:17

Old vet , if they don't call ya by Friday, just give the 1-855 number a call and ask by then they will know for sure, just to ease your mind , my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:16

What no# do I phone see to if my file is even open ? just wondering if it's the same number as the Mutual life that i phoned already ... thanx in advance Smile
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:12

Consumer price index, it's a measure of a basket of goods, like food, rent gas and they measure the average the basket goes up every year and use this percentage to calculate the yearly sisip increase to a max of 2 percent. What was the clawback amount , you mean your 75 percent of release income minus CPPD and cf annuity. This gives you your monthly payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:01

What does CPI stand for? and the last amount I was receiving was the clawed back amount, Not to sound greedy but curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next