Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This government still confuses me.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This government still confuses me. - Page 2 Empty Re: This government still confuses me.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 01:15

just to point out , ... it was the natives land in the first place... i am not native but i do remember the white man did intrude on native land, in process they did damage their way of life by construction not once but 3 times . ... who cares if it was 130 years ago.....sounds like the construction caused a waterway to be re-directed in which still has a negative outcome to this day..... maybe if they kepted the water flowing through native reserve all these years they would not need to get money in despiration..... it doesnt matter how long ago it happened ... just like us vets its was almost 6 years in the waiting.......... were talking years here and why stop counting time period prior class action .... are you better than someone else who was wrong just because your more recent in time.... wrong is a wrong .... and a veteran fighting for country is good but remember please that native land belongs to indians way before the soldier belong to candian army /exists...... i am pretty sure their is gonna be some ancesters involved in this case.... from white guy with perspective..... your pisssed off for waiting 7 years imagine waiting 180 years and dying along the way

Back to top Go down

This government still confuses me. - Page 2 Empty This government still confuses me.

Post by bigrex Thu 22 Nov 2012, 23:05

I just read the the Federal government has agreed to pay a settlement of $71 million dollars each, to 3 First nation communities. The reason for the settlement, was to pay for flooding that happened to their lands due to construction. The kicker is that the flooding occurred three times, but the last time it happened was in 1880. That's right, over 132 years ago. So these first nation communities are getting $210 million dollars, tax free, to compensate them for something nobody within those communities were even alive to witness. They started handing out cheques for $10000, to each citizen, like they we handing out coupons at the local Sobey's. If they can get paid for something that happened generations ago, I'm sure that my Grandfather was shot in WWII, so they should send me his disability award. Every time I turn around, I see something about the Tories throwing money around frivolously, but yet they continue to stonewall disabled CF and RCMP Veterans, not just SISIP, but several issues including cutting services and dedicated staff. They may have thought they cut red tape, but all they've done is piled on the BS instead, all while putting more spin on things that seen on the Gravitron at the local fair.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2