Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again!

Go down

I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again! Empty Re: I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again!

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 13:27

tryonshoelaces deleted their account so I am locking this topic.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again! Empty Re: I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again!

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:56

Another comment, at the risk of sounding mercenary...

Sure, perceived wrongs have been done, but I think that the Government of Canada, and the people of Canada will very soon 'tire' of all the whiny veterans complaining about how 'they bin dun wrong' and all support from the public will vanish as a result of their perception that we are all just looking for an American-style class-action/suing monetary windfall, and in these tight times, the Government will simply legislate, and there goes the ball game.

Tighter times are coming, and we need to take what we can get, very soon, or there will be nothing left 'to get'. The Government doesn't magically make money, it has to come from somewhere, and I see the number of those 'somewheres' quickly declining. Sure we need to support each other, but there are those among us that no longer have the time or resources to do it, they need relief now.

My $.02, flame away.

P.S. I would like some retro to buy some pie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:32

tyroneshoelaces

Step one remove any gag order so your members dont have to stress over this issue for years as we did.

Step two dont bite the hand that feeds you, we win and get paid you win and get paid it's that simple the goverment will have to change the rules.

A lot of people can't wait any longer for what ever the reason, and it wont matter if they did the deal is done the goverment can just say no and pass some legislation to finish it so stop and consider all of the people you are asking to wait and possibly lose.

AS an after thought if they settle as you say and you need help with your suit how many people will be in a position to help if needed, think about it.

Just my thoughts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:17

I respect your right to your opinion- if you feel it has no merit please delete it you have my permission ....good luck with your web forum..

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:06

ABSURD! This lawsuit has absolutely ZERO comparisson to the Equitas lawsuit!

SISIP lawsuit is about a bad policy.

Equitas lawsuit is about a bad Canadian Bill.

Besides the SISIP lawsuit has already helped the NVC members. The NVC ELB is the mirror policy to SISIP's LTD. Last month VAC ceased the clawback of ELB.

So we the SISIP class have helped the Equitas lawsuit because we the SISIP class have shown Equitas you can fight for veterans in court and win!

ABSURD!!!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:32

You are not alone- how can i as an individual help you today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:21

tyroneshoelaces; I have waited long enough. I am a vet of four different conflicts including Afghanistan. I am a Zero-Summed vet and still waiting for some sort of compensation ( I am still being clawed back, however on the first list? for a cheque), along with many others. I have claimed bankruptcy, went without food/clothing and lost just about everything I love. Individuals in a position to wait kind of puzzles me; I can't wait much longer, I needed money yesterday.

Back to top Go down

I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again! Empty I want the government lawyers to realize that we can never let this happen again!

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:32

The latest Law suit just filed for Afghan war vets -We can help them!

I am actually deeply concerned that the class members are pushing our lawyers to settle now.

Our most disabled VETs are no longer Zero-summed- we can hang on it if takes several more months to settle this suit. ( We have all waited for years)

If our Government realized... we will not settle for less than the class deserves, they, the Afgan Vets, may not have to go route that we all have!

I am asking all Vets to let Mcinnes Cooper know we can wait longer, we promise to be patient,if it is for the greater good!

By fighting this battle with purpose, passion and honor we can help out our Brothers/Sisters.. Past, Present and Future!

This opportunity is much bigger than this Class Action Suit!

Helping another Class by our actions, will restore our purpose,our dignity and maybe some of our mental health. Smile

Let Peter know WE can Wait if we should ..its in our hands!

peter.driscoll At mcinnescooper.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down