Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take...

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take... - Page 3 Empty Re: I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take...

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:27

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ? OR You simply Want to predict....?

Back to top Go down

I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take... - Page 3 Empty Re: I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take...

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:26

I can only say it will be reasonable and even you ..NAVRAT will be happy !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:25

Jonny don't mix the pot I shot a prediction here what is your ? DONT AROUNT ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:24

The legal fees will be Very reasonable!

Lets just say it will much less than 30%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:23

RDSP if you are getting the DTCredit- you can deposit up to 200000 (lifetime contribution and only pay taxes when it is taken out - so is initially tax free like an RRSP

The Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) helps Canadians with disabilities and their families save for the future. If you are a Canadian resident under age 60 and are eligible for the Disability Tax Credit (Disability Amount), you may be eligible for an RDSP (if you are 59, you must apply before the end of the calendar year in which you turned 59). Earnings accumulate tax-free, until you take money out of your RDSP. Parents or guardians may open an RDSP for a minor. With written permission from the holder, anyone can contribute to the RDSP.

Once you open an RDSP, you may apply for the Canada Disability Savings Grant and Canada Disability Savings Bond.

To learn more about how the RDSP works, see RDSP Overview.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:21

Hamilton legion waiting, Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:18

Sgt.JohnnyG, please enlighten us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:16

Smile I read it hear months Ago! Let me go get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:15

I know the answer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:14

It's just when you say 30 percent and it equals 180000000, I could not see how a judge would grant that much, being some cities don't even have an operating budget that high, instead of a percentage why not 20000000, that would give the law firm a very good return and give us a more manageable fee to pay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:09

vall good guess if i were to guess i would be somewhere allong thoes lines.i dont think their is a normal % for a case as the judge decides this baced on different criteria such as risk,work done,quality of the representation ore litigation,ect ect ect.a small value case that takes a lot of time yup 30% + but a high value case that is done lightning fast you would be looking at something south of that.all the cases ive read that produced more than this will ranged from 5-15%.the interest at prime +1.5 does seem allong the same lines as im thinking as well,if that extra sumthin sumthin witch i belive will be their as well isnt the interest,if it is i belive it may be north of that.

just a little friendly speculation

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:08

Good prediction, well thought out! I think the interest might be a bit higher

Back to top Go down

I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take... - Page 3 Empty I like mysteries - Its like the series (hockey) heres my take...

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 20:42

CRA money
The monies owned to CRA in penalities, is not a take home return, its not even a penality since we did not hide nothing to CRA.
It's an adminitrative formality. Unless, of course we are able to received a confort letter from CRA that releive us of paying penalities, the money forecated or given to us for this 'penality' is from the GOC and will return to the GOC.
If this type of money is given to us, it will only inflate the total amount of the settlement, which on paper and in the face of the public opinion will be favorable for the Gouverment.

Now lets talk about interest
What will be the interest paid on the past money owned to us:
Bank of Canada prime rate
Bank of Canada prime rate plus 3%
less than that...maybe Bank of Canada plus 1.5% - I will go for this.

Legal fees
For all I read 30% is the nominal rate for lawyer fees... but we cannot impose that to veteran, imagine the public opinion... what would be an acceptable rate? for us and for the public opinion ?
I think 50% for GOC and 50% for us will be the rate.

The claw back money
refunded, taxed at full rate.

Any provision for damage.
Well, i think there will be a minimum effort done by the parties. We could anticipate some minimum damage but never spoken as damage.

Why would the parties would go like that ?

It was an unfortunate event - no intended to harm anybody, no intended to deprive by anybody, its was a policy where the consequences where never premeditated.

No one to blame.

So we forgive everybody, give back the money to the veteran plus interest, we share the legal fees and thats it, its over.

Are we going to be ask to forgive the GOC. Yes we will, no fault and no possibilities to fight back.

1/2 legal fees
1.5% interest
potential additional sum for 'some kind of damage'
no responsibility clause

That is my take on this. Any other ?

Last edited by Vall2012 on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 21:11; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3