Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved? - Page 5 Empty Re: Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:20

Good question Varmint! Our monthly payment from Sisip isn't deducted for Hst t so i wouldn't think this settlement will include local Hst.

Navrat where did you get that idea?

Navrat= (N) Not ( A) All (V) Varmints (R) Research is (T) True!
NotAllVarmintResearchisTrue

(Force)
May the Stool always be with you!

Back to top Go down

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved? - Page 5 Empty Re: Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:53

The HST in Nova Scotia should only be applied to the services the lawyers have provided. So whatever we are going to be charged add 15% of the bill.

But if we can use the lawyers bill as a tax right off, then do we have to pay HST in Nova Scotia?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:16

Then the tax man rubs his hands together because he's getting a flood of cash back, and also I heard that if you are a resident of Nova Scotia , because the case was settled in Nova Scotia, will have to pay HST, if you are a resident of Nova Scotia, that's 15 percent, so maybe this is something we should also look into

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:13

No, I think the only person who decides is the judge and he only has to consider if he thinks it's in the parties best interests , meaning would prolonging this case even matter , would we be better off, I believe the judge will approve it because both our legal and the GOC have come to an agreement, this in itself tells the judge both parties have agreed to it, remember the court system is not a democracy there will be no voting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:31

I would assume that there will be vote/agreement of 51% of the VETS or persons in the Class action.
They cant just send out check it has to be agree on first that could take weeks and or months.

HNY

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:44

Well I asked that of Peter's assistant Kristine Hunter that last year, and she said there is no set timeline. She suspects that it would be within the first few months after the settlement is approved, but nothing guaranteed. That might be something the judge will stipulate in his final decision.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved? - Page 5 Empty Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:28

Ok, we get the settlement notice on the 9 of Jan, then the approval on the 15 of Feb, after this is there any, more court dates or is the whole thing finished and we wait for our cheques o be processed? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5