Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1%4DennnisM--- Dennis Manuge is our Hero not a TRAILER PARK BOY!-- Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1%4DennnisM--- Dennis Manuge is our Hero not a TRAILER PARK BOY!-- Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9 Empty Re: 1%4DennnisM--- Dennis Manuge is our Hero not a TRAILER PARK BOY!-- Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by dennismanuge Wed 16 Jan 2013, 07:30

Robbie, give me a call if you have time

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

1%4DennnisM--- Dennis Manuge is our Hero not a TRAILER PARK BOY!-- Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9 Empty Re: 1%4DennnisM--- Dennis Manuge is our Hero not a TRAILER PARK BOY!-- Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 07:20

sorry not trying to follow you as I was looking for an old post lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 07:19

So true Dennis, this whole thing has become a convoluted clusterfrak

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 16 Jan 2013, 07:07

Beleaf 67

Thank you for your kind words and support. I am happy you brought up how muddled the waters have become on this forum. That was a concern of mine all along that speculation and rumour, (under the guise of free speech and expressing one's opinion) would cause more confusion for individual members of the class.

Peter Driscoll, lead counsel for the class action has been on this site many times to attempt to correct nonfactual information and to clarify information presented. He has fielded, as has the rest of the legal team, thousands of e-mails, phone calls, etc...to assist with peoples understanding. However, when more information is presented, more questions keep coming and more speculation and interpretation happens and it is a circus wheel.

McInnes Cooper and Branch MacMaster have gone above and beyond for this class, especially in the department of communications. Had we been dealing with another law firm, i highly doubt anyone would have had this kind of access, or experienced this many attempts at clarification by our legal team.

Having said that, my best thoughts for anyone at this point, especially those who will receive large sums of retro monies, is to see your banker, investment folks, find one, etc....they will be your best source of how to deal with all things money related.

As for your thoughts on how i was raised, LOL, I wish I could say I came from a nurturing home, I did not...but I had some pretty darn good mentors that taught me right from wrong. They also taught me not to bitch about things without being willing to get involved and be part of a solution to a "wrong" or problem. That is the key, being willing to affect positive change, despite overwhelming odds and criticisms from my peers.

I can live with criticism based on facts, not based on greed or personal wants above what is best for, in this case, a large class of people. It is impossible to please everyone and all of us knew that going into this, however, it is another animal all together when you are "in it" and have to act and react while facing enormous pressure to do your best for the majority.

Anyone can jump into the fray, and lets be honest here, most active individuals on here, only jumped in at the end, when a decision was rendered and the appeal was not undertaken. Lots of advice and lots of criticisms but when confronted with the simple question of tell me how you would do things or how would you do things different, all I have ever heard has been silence. I hope you can see from my lens how that seems. Insulting to say the least.

I urge you to contact Mcinnes Cooper and ask your questions directly. Everything on this forum is compromised in that the government is seeing and reading it all and has been for a very long time.

Just look at the number of ridiculous topics under SISIP Class Action, sometimes it takes me a half hour just to find a post or where I left off, and I find it hard to believe that this forum was meant to take the place of twitter or facebook, but that is why things are so muddled.

Thanks again for your comments and opinions.

Dennis Manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 00:59

I would truly love to vote on the issue as to whether or not the deal, is a good one! The problem I have with voting is that I can honestly state, without reservation or embarrassment, is that I don't know exactly what to vote, yes or no! The overwhelming amount of conflicting advice and massive confusion regarding the proposed settlement, is simply, depressing! One could argue the case, that those affected, should employ independent counsel so as to untangle the web of complexities posted to this site! It befuddles me as to why there isn't some representation from the legal team advising affected members about their options, concerns, confusions, hopes and fears! Why not, for example, hold extensive forums on this site and let the legal team field questions from the affected members over an extensive period of time frames, not 1 or two hours on the day of the release of the proposed settlement! Additionally, why not hold a closed meeting somewhere in the great city of Halifax where affected members of the class can ask questions and get some clarifications regarding their situations? This is nearly a one billion dollar suit! It would seem to me, that a comprehensive and personal explanation to those affected would be common sense! I'm more confused than ever and I've followed this issue much earlier than the certification proceedings! I've read countless articles and analyzed dozens of opinion pieces over the years. I was completely familiar with the issue at hand and believe it or not, was one of the affected persons who complained to the President of SISIP and then Defense Minister, Bill Graham, way back in 2004 when I became one of the so called zero summed! I simply can't vote yes or no, because I'm being asked to vote on something that I, and I would dare to guess, the majority could not accurately explain with regard to how this settlement will play out when talking the practical considerations of tax implications, retro calculations or associated legal fees.
Notwithstanding my concerns, I must say that I was elated when Mr. Manuge, garnered the impressive courage to fight this battle on my, and others behalf, who were unable to do so, due to multiple health issues. It still amazes me, sitting here tonight, how that gentleman managed to gather the intestinal fortitude, and decided that he was going to fight this fight! It's not like he was losing a great amount of money, and in the end, he wasn't going to win a great amount of money! His only explanation for doing this was, principle! Imagine, principle! I don't know this gentleman, never met him, never spoke to him and I have had zero communication with him over the years! Yet, this man stands up, tells his story, looks into a TV camera and tells me, and others like me, that he's going to do this for those who can't fight the fight! Amazing! I still can't believe that people like this still exist in today's world. Just when you you're about to lose faith in humanity and in the basic goodness of people, this gentleman stands up and states, that he's going to fight for others, based on principle! It's almost surreal in a way! I never thought that I would see the day, when this unfair practice would be terminated! But, here we are!
Meeting Mr. Manuge would be an honor and a privilege to say the least. I'm sure his wife and children must be very proud and elated with his stance and his determination in defending what was the right thing to do! I would like to make the suggestion that this gentleman must have been raised in an extremely grounded and nurturing environment! His parents and community must have instituted wonderful values. How else to explain the sacrifices of time, energy, stress, health and reputation in tackling such an issue simply based on the time honored premise of, principle! I find that this man's efforts has reinvigorated the sense of purpose in my own life. Not because I may end up with some financial resources that I felt were unjustly expropriated from me and my family and now will be returned at some point, but rather, this gentleman has demonstrated what it means to take and make a stand for those less able or capable! Mr. Manuge, I thank you in part for fronting this Class Action Suit, but mostly for affecting me personally by your selfless efforts in pursuing what was the right thing to do! Thank You!

beleaf67

Number of posts: 3
Registration date: 2012-12-01

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 22:57

Email sent to Mister Barnes Did you Send yours"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 21:53

I like macdonalds coffee more than gold nuggets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:03

Guest I would like to have a magic wand and chance things like money for dennis. Sorry I droke mine to stay alive in yougo. But I do believe that every one of us will get the chance to help Dennis when the money comes our way. As for me, I said it before, I will send Dennis one once of appriciation, one once in gold! I already had taken that decision before knowing I ould get LTD retro of 11 years. Gold is at 1700$ a once and that is what I believe I own Dennis. One once of apriciation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 16:56

Hey guys its a sad day his post makes sense. Good luck LastchanceforFairness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 16:33

I just think people some times forget there is real people with real passions behind these computers. When someone here thinks or feels someone is totally unjustly treated it is up to all of us to speak up and be prepared to right that wrong. (that is exactly what Dennis taught me)
The people in a position to response but they ignore it and hope it disappears.
It is and always will be wrong to received 65 millions and treat the RF Dennis Manuge with a insulting minimal sum of 50000 which after taxes is about 30000. how dare MC take so much and give him so little.

$8-8-7-000-000.00 Taxes payers money
$6-5-000-000.00 for MC
$5-0-000.00 for the Plaintiff Manuge

Lord Have mercy on your souls for accepting this as honorable !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:48

That does it, the settlement is now 100 percent Legion Approved,no turning back, Everyone, one more time, We all love the deal, Seal the Legion Approved Deal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:40

agreed dennis but before the judgement came down the legion spokesperson was doing a interview on the ctv news.and when prodded for a comment on this case she had nothing to say but we will support any decision the cout will make.REALLY thats all the support you can muster.thanks to them for their support after the fact even though i think they are the ones that should have filed this suit in the first place a long time ago.and id like to thank them in advance for the future support we are sure to recive from them AFTER we win the fight over the NVC.

just my oppinion

thank again dennis

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:20

Agreed give the ceaser what belongs to ceaser.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:19

I've had my share of "run ins" with the Legion too, however, I give credit where credit is due...

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next