Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE WE DONE YET

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ARE WE DONE YET - Page 4 Empty Re: ARE WE DONE YET

Post by Rags Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:04

LMAO well said LTD

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:04

Not me, I got a real one from UofG.

From the law books much better reading then this there to. Please R22R educate yourself

By class members

334.23 (1) To ensure the fair and adequate representation of the interests of a class or any subclass, the Court may, at any time, permit one or more class members to participate in the class proceeding.
Marginal note:Directions

(2) When permitting a class member to participate in the proceeding, the Court shall give directions regarding the role of the participant, including matters relating to costs and to the procedures to be followed.
SOR/2007-301, s. 7.

Last edited by Rags on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:05; edited 1 time in total

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:03

ALSO something a lot of people here attained, ignorance is bliss, Not knowing something is often more comfortable than knowing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 16:00

Believe me I know, I have a degree, something that alot of people here are lacking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 15:57

R22R education is a great thing, well said rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 15:42

I only hope the judge educates you, Rags, on the deal and then you can find it in yourself to apologize to MC and Dennis for making yourself look like a jackass. Everyone supports this deal except the 8-10 people on here who have nothing better to do. Live life forget about the fight, it's over, we won and thank God for commante Manuge. Accept that your argument is false

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 15:29

well said rags.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 12 Feb 2013, 15:20

R22R
Read the site poll you will see its 60/40 not 93% happy again you did not read so you dont know.

No one said that I can find on site that MC or Dennis lied. People manipulated what MC said a little to show an angle that was not true but dont think MC lied. Dennis sure did not. So Im not sure what you are talking about. Again you did not read much here to know.

Taxs your right CRA issue and most people on this site have said they dont have an issue paying normal taxs, key point is it was part of negotiations and judge needs to know there is an issue so he may comment not order change. Again you did not read much here to know.

On Fees by law they were never getting 30% so drop that angle again you did not read much to know here.

On the Judge...he has asked us to tell him what we think we are you included. He will use his best judgement and knowledge and will see the merits in the arguments put forth and will rule accordingly.

Finally Im happy you will be their to voice your view. I trust you are satisfied with leaving some vets behind so you get paid. If your side wins and you leave vets behind I hope you choke on the money you get.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 15:04

Are we done yet? 2 days deal approved 93 percent happy, very happy.
The law firm does not lie nor does Dennis!
Taxes are a CRA issue, we are no different than other Canadians
We agreed to 30 percent, law firm charging 17.5, almost half off
Once judge sees this how could he in his very sane mind refuse this, folks , wake up, really

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 12 Feb 2013, 14:21

FOP
you need to read what people said and understand whats going on before you set record straight. No one here has said GOC will pay at a settlement accepted. They never said GOC will be ordered to pay by judge as we all know judge does not have that power that everyone knows. The Judge can order GOC to pay if we went to trial. Which we would win hands down. The 3 to 4 % you state is what I have been saying all along cause its based on the law and past cases or possible a high as 7%. The GOC could very well based on past actions offer to pay a portion of the fees. But thats only if we decline offer and carry on the negotiations.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:55

OP smartess ting I've hurd in a long time, I was thingking more like 5-7 but you are very wise in your poste. It would concored with similar cases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:53

my ups to you Rags GOC all the way and FOP you are a go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:47

Let's set the records straight here ,

From God himself at McInnis /Cooper : The Court has no power to order the GOC to pay Legal Fees ,

It would be appealable & winnable by the Feds & add time to settlement by 12 to 18 months

We " The Veterans " are supposed to feel appreciative of what we get is my opinion & i believe the oppinion of MC as well , we are but a Dozen outcasts here on the CSAT that carry no weight for the Courts Decision , we seem to be a joke to MC , believe me ............

FINAL WORD : Legal Fees will be " SET " by Justice Barnes , hopefully around :::::::::: 3 - 4 %

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:05

if the goverment pays lawyer fees is would definetly put everything at ease and a lot more people would not be worried how lawyers came to 17.83 .. it would be fair for all..... i think the goverment wants us to be upset on how they word things to get to 17.83 they want us to dig into reality its not 7.5 but 17.83 across the board no matter what hypological terming to come to conclusion not to touch future payments............. goverment wants us to be mad... its their way sticking it to us and lawyers one more time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 13:05

WWW I hear you load and clear the GOC is where the fingers should point to! Never should have needed MC but we did wy? THE GOC!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum