Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown to oppose legal fees being sought

+2
sabrelove
Rags
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Crown to oppose legal fees being sought - Page 2 Empty Re: Crown to oppose legal fees being sought

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:35

IF the GOC decides to cover the legal bills they will not be out any money. They are already commited to pay the $800 or so million which includes the 65 million the lawyers are going to take.

So if the GOC plays their cards right and lowers or takes on the legal fees THEN they look good in the eyes of the public plus the VETs will be happy because they are not footing the legal bill AND the lawyers will be happy because they are getting the 65 million.

The GOC wins again as we will then have to pay taxes on the money we did not have to pay in legal fees. Which is going to be substancially more taxes than the Law firm will have to pay. Lawyers and rich people in general know all the tax loopholes and whatnot and use them to reduce the amount of taxes they have to pay. The legal team will probably pay less than half the amount of taxes of us veterans. But that is a Revenue Canada thing.

All in all the GOC will come out smelling like roses on Valentines day, us Vets may not have to pay the full 65 million or non at all, the Lawyers get their money and the people of Canada think the GOC did the right thing. Politically it is a great move.

Back to top Go down

Crown to oppose legal fees being sought - Page 2 Empty Re: Crown to oppose legal fees being sought

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:30

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:20

We don't have them over the barrel, they could care less, they want this over and tomorrow it will be over. The judge will say yes, lower fees to 10 percent, and off to the bank we go. Like MC said they received 12 negative letters and 320 positive plus our lead plaintiff loves it, plus our legal team loves it and the GOC lawyers and GOC love it. It's a done deal. Nobody would ever take the comments on here seriously , come on, only Teens letter was impressive and mature enough to submit to the courts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:12

They have a agenda is why they are saying this stall tactic possibly, hopefully it is nothing and I am worrying about nothing and I maybe....as people think we have them over a barrel or something we don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:10

That is why the said 7.5 to make it look low but from what I am hearing it will drop below 10 percent from 17.5 which is more reasonable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 13:09

No, nothing will change, I have talked to the legal team and they said they would bet the law firm on it. The only thing that will change is legal fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:31

Cause they see the chance they my be back at negotiating table and will have to pony up half of it or worst case go to trial and lose and have to pay all the fees plus more and damages.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:23

Its so funny that now the GOC is saying legal fees are too high! Why now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:57

yes its legal bounded , and as per negotiation we cannot go back after the goverment... it will be archived and published in some newer up to date lawbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:53

So once the judge approves the deal, it's legally binding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:45

i dont think the lawyers are able to reject if its deemed fair and reasonable.... i know one thing for sure they do have that route if judge decides to give them more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:41

Can the lawyers reject the fee deduction or appeal it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:37

rags can you retype your bottom paragraph after MFORS i dont have my reading glasses and only able to read words with capital letters because the are nice and big

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:35

Well, to me this is a good sign. Maybe the judge will look at the GoC lawyers on Thursday and say that if the MND is so upset that the Veterans are losing so much money to pay the lawyers, that maybe he should step forward and pick up the tab by Friday. If he refuses then the judge may be inclined to dismiss the proposal, and order counsel to put more substantive compensation in the proposal than just a return of funds that were stolen.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:32

Laughing

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next