Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any 24 Month Vets Get a Letter From SISIP

+2
Rags
2 Truck
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any 24 Month Vets Get a Letter From SISIP Empty Re: Any 24 Month Vets Get a Letter From SISIP

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:26

Letter from SISIP received asking me to send them CRA 149E form. "INCOME for 24 month n REHAB" WTF? Didn't they already do the math when they clawed me back?

And, they called it a "reimbursement", is that to pacify me? or them?

SISIP and GoC need to be made to put things in proper prospective.

They lost!!!! Admit it!!!! Apologies....Simple......NOT!!!!

Back to top Go down

Any 24 Month Vets Get a Letter From SISIP Empty Re: Any 24 Month Vets Get a Letter From SISIP

Post by derngt Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:33

I am in the same boat as grosgig...I had income 5 months before I rec'd sisip and for 7 months after sisip stopped. The form that they want only shows annual income...I can see sisip playing more games and trying to reduce their payment to me. There must be plenty of us in the 24 month group in the same position. Personally I have not rec'd the SISIP letter asking for anything yet. So what should we all do Mad

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 23 Feb 2013, 08:26

Very Happy

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 22:07

Danzio,

All i see is that sisip want to be tricky with the mathematics. they know what was the percentage of my diseable pension at that time. They have made the calculation to make sure what they can clawback. I will not give them the information they want until they explain to me what they will do with that. they know what they had clawback, so give me the amount of what they had clawback.

giving them the information will just give them ammunition to try to reduce the amount again with some calculation of their own. I always give them my income and fill the forms they send me. For my case they have already the information. They have to explain me very well why they want some forms and what kind of calculation they will do with them. When they clawback me, it was not taxes deductible lollll.

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:44

Trust me, I and everyone in the room, (that weren't wearing black robes at least) were moved by your emotions, as we've all had them at some time. I've been angry, I've been depressed and I have been both homicidal and suicidal, at times over the last several years, so I was surprised more of us didn't shed a tear or more last week.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:17

You did well bigrex. At least you kept your composure unlike myself. No regrets though, we all did our best under the circumstances.

sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:14

Thanks, it got a little messed up because I wanted to respond to some of the things Ward Branch had commented on in the morning, so the speech I had written kind of got bastardized in my head as I speaking.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2 Truck Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:13

Since SISIP is only an insurance company I don't think that they can ask for my notice of assessment for the whole year. And I only have to keep tax records going back 7 years legally, but wait , I think I'll ask an independent lawyer about this. And is not being able to produce the information from 9 years ago going to mean SISIP will not pay me my judgement? Sorry my PTSD might of got in my way of keeping any of my f%^&ing records , sorry SISIP

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:12

grosgig you do have a very valid point and if i was in a fighting mood i would have probably agrued with them like you did, but to be honest i just want this all to be over, the sooner the better so that we can all get on with our lives...and just for everyones info, sisip will accept your t4's instead of the form from cra....
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:10

your welcome bigrex, I did not get the oportunity to tell you in Halifax but you did an excellent presentation of facts to the Justice.
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:08

Thanks Sparrow, I'll try calling again in the morning.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2 Truck Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:45

grosgig

I agree with you totally about giving out my total annual earnings when they only clawed back from the first 4 months of the year. Do they have a legal right to even ask for my notice of assessment for the whole year? OOps was this something over looked by our law firm....the GOC...somebody better get on this.
I think I will ask SISIP to send me a letter with the numbers they have so I can confirm if they are accurate.

DFW2T

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 15:26

bigrex,
The SISIP/Manulife hotline number is 1-855-370-0025 as per Annette Hartlen McInnes Cooper today.
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 14:19

Hi Dzanzio,

I know they want to confirm their records, but before sending my personnal info, i want to know how they can confirm when the RC143F is from january to december. it's your annual income, how they can calculate what they send me (in my case) from january to april ??? They need papers with montly records.

They have to show me how do they will do that before sending them any personnal papers. I don't know how they can calculate that with the RC143F.

For my case ( if any sisip guy looking in this site, it will be more simple) they had just to ask my 2004 RC143F because i was ALL COMPLETE year on sisip. and after divide the amount per 12 so you will had what income i had per month when i was on sisip. So whith that monthly amount they can calculate ( with indexation for 2005 or minus indexation for 2003 ) what they give me. I don't like when some people asking for personnal papers when they supposed to have,what they need already. Do i ask them what is the bonus for the year for their DG or what a CM win in a year ?

I don't know either if it is legal to ask paper like that when you supposed to have already the information. Because i'm not on sisip anymore since 2005 they were very happy when they cut me (sisip clawback), and after 24 months to sent me a letter telling it,s finish now you are on your own Smile)) They have to tell me why they need my personnal information again when they had already this information. Sisip guy had to convince me before

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Feb 2013, 14:19

Thanks Nav. I don't know what other info they could need. They have my current mailing address and phone number, as well as how much was deducted from me over the 24 months. Does your buddy know what the SSISIP lawsuit hotline nuber is so i can sort this out now, instead of 2-3 months from now.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next