Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do Checks get sent out? Who is Priority?Within 2 weeks?

+2
beleaf67
Newfie
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When do Checks get sent out? Who is Priority?Within 2 weeks? Empty Re: When do Checks get sent out? Who is Priority?Within 2 weeks?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:16

I will call DW this morning to verify checks could potentially be in the works already.

Back to top Go down

When do Checks get sent out? Who is Priority?Within 2 weeks? Empty Re: When do Checks get sent out? Who is Priority?Within 2 weeks?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:58

cheque? as one of those "Zero Sum" that do not exist in the SISIP world I am still at the ..."Prove to SISIP, you are FUBR, stage", lol, I have to request a much, much, larger envelope from SISIP 1st though because the Revenue Canada stuff alone wont fit... I am still waiting for the war and peace novel from the Dr(s)..saying yep he is still FUBR, lol, and CPP(D) and... lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:52

It's coming and fast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 09:50

Just called SISIP totals will be available next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by rzm71 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:32

WELL LETS HOPE ALL THAT THEY COME VERY SOON .
I know I can use it right now ..
im about to become grand dad and I would so love to be there for my daughter when the child is born ....
ooot hat would be so wonderful and a big surprise for her ...
Very Happy
rzm71
rzm71
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 06:37

I have a funny story!

I think the cheqs will come rather fast as I believe the GOC has been working on our files for weeks. Hear is the reason.

I got a refund cheq the other day from CF Pension administration. It would appear they must have been reviewing my pay guides over the years back to 82 when I joined. This tells me they are doing the SISIP calculations and reviewing the file cause they found an error where they took $9.48 a month from me since 98 until now even in pension deductions as of last month.

I was paying for past service and it was to end in 98 but kept going till I left CF and then it stuck to my pay as a pensioner. There would be no reason they looked into my pay guides unless they were doing some clean up and calculations for SISIP. I have cheq for 750 bucks today. They took 750 in taxs so I got half of it back.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 06:31

It is an interesting point that we can lay the money out each year over the term to see if we are better off. With RRSP room if yu did not use it over the years one maybe be able to offset alot of the tax issue. Leaving less to be hit with deemed tax issue over each year.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 05 Apr 2013, 00:18

Yes I agree. Sound advice bigrex. I have a plan through my local bank CFP to put 20%in a high yield GIC for taxes next year. Certified Financial Planners will meet with you free of charge if you are a bank customer and help figure things out.
Cheers
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 05 Apr 2013, 00:08

SISIP has been told, and it is in the proposal, to withhold 20% of any refund for taxes. That is why everyone should put an additional 10% in a savings account, because when we do our taxes next year, CRA will say that we haven't paid enough up front. So put it in a high interest savings account and let it earn you some money over the next year. If you don't save any of it, you may dearly regret it next spring.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:20

Amount of Withholding Tax

$0 – $5,000 10%

$5,001 – $15,000 20%

$15,001 and above 30%

(The percent withheld is half of the above listed rates if you live in Quebec.)

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:19

April 04, 2013 19:54 ET
Statement by Minister MacKay Regarding SISIP Long Term Disability Benefits
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 4, 2013) - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today issued the following statement regarding the Court approval of the settlement reached between the Government of Canada, through the Department of Justice and the Federal Representative, and members of the class action of Dennis Manuge v. Her Majesty The Queen:
"I am extremely pleased that the Federal Court of Canada has approved the settlement that was reached between our government and the members of the class action, to resolve the issues regarding the offset of Pension Act disability benefits from the Service Income Security Insurance Plan (SISIP) Long Term Disability benefits. Acting quickly and fairly to resolve this matter was of the utmost importance."
"Our Government is committed to the on-going care, health, and well-being of Canadian Armed Forces personnel and veterans. The settlement reached is an example of this commitment, as it is in the best interest of the class and of the Canadian public."
"Our government continues to reflect and improve upon its programs dedicated to supporting Canada's ill and injured military personnel and veterans, and to provide the care that our personnel and their families deserve."
Notes to editor / news director: For more information on the SISIP Long Term Disability program, please visit the SISIP web page at: https://www.cfpsa.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/Insurance/Pages/Long-Term-Disability.aspx.
To consult the decision from the Federal Court, please visit the Federal Court website at: http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/2013/2013fc341/2013fc34

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:15

they have 6 months from today

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 04 Apr 2013, 21:07

Paragraph from Court Order decision
[55] I will leave it to counsel to make the required changes to the proposed settlement Order to be submitted to the Court for execution and issuance

So this must be submitted by Counsel first

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:38

I am just so happy that Sparrow, one of our intel officers, checked and got this information today! Before any other site! CSAT has the best intel, so veterans if this is your first time reading this, CSAT is your only source of intel, a cooperative of veterans who strive and search out meaningful intel for release to all veterans, I stand proud and salute my fellow CSAT members!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 20:35

Ex-Para, Even the Navrat has shed tears tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next