Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC's Memo

+12
devans156
TripleT
1993firebird
Teentitan
puddleduk2
booboo
Newfie
pteadams2002
Sapper Zodiak
peep
Rags
bigrex
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MC's Memo - Page 7 Empty Re: MC's Memo

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 15:31

Yes, well I expect to receive the memo before the end of this month, mail is a little backwards here in New Brunswick. I guess the next questions will be , when is the Judge going to sign the order for execution and issuance, how long before the GOC releases funds for the execution and issuance, CMC is today, is MC going to give us a sitrep, what are the timelines, there is no gag order, why are we not given more up to date info by simple e-mails, why do members of CSAT have to approach MC for info that we should have already received.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:56

Sry Peeps, indicates that Manulife will with hold the taxes but does say the %, The memo that bigrex has on here is the same one we alll will receive. You must have a witness sign the form along with yourself and send back in self adressed non stamped envelope.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:50

Sad and add two weeks on to any date for Cold Lake Alberta.

Does it say anything other than the a request for an address? No question on how you want the taxes done, the amount or a expected pay date?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:38

I received mine in Lethbridge Alberta today, post mark stamp 04.11.13
Signed and I am taking no chances of this getting lost in mail, I sent it back registered mail so I will now have their signature as receiving it

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:13

Yes, I just got mine, and in spite of emailing and calling MC and providing my new address almost 3 weeks ago, which was confirmed received by Kristine Hunter, they still used my old address on the confirmation letter. Thankfully I paid to have my mail forwarded as long as possible, or I may have been one of the ones they "couldn't" locate.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:07

Has anyone received their Memo by post today?
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 13:15

peep wrote:Well we were told to phone sisip and give our info to the 1-800 number. And we had to give MC our info also by email.

Now we have to do it by snail mail.

Next month we will have to do it in person.

I said last week peeps next will be DNA samples ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:08

You're right Peeps...talk about jumping through hoops! This is getting bloody ridiculous already. I know they want everything in order, but come on already. SNOWBALL...NOW.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:35

Well we were told to phone sisip and give our info to the 1-800 number. And we had to give MC our info also by email.

Now we have to do it by snail mail.

Next month we will have to do it in person.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:22

I say a big F you to those responsible for causing even added stress to those of us who already suffer. We are the injured one's here, why is the Government/MC/SISIP allowed to drag their feet at our expense? F'em

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:08

Yes, unfortunately this is going to be a very stressful time for us. Since we have not been provided any sort of individual timeline to receive our money, ie: current clients within 1 month, 24 month clients (names A-L) within 2 months, 24 month clients (names M-Z) within the months. Those Veterans seeking 3rd party adjudication, and those class members yet to be located, may take up to 6 months, or more for complex cases. Without such guidance or any rhyme or reason to making the payments, it will only deepen our anxiety as time passes. Every time mail gets dropped off, I know my heart will be in my throat, wondering if the cheque will be there or not, and then leave me to battle my demons of depression every time I discover the cheque still missing. For disabled Veterans, many with some very serious psychological issues, this is akin to playing Russian Roulette, but instead of using a pistol, they have chosen to use Canada Post.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 09:36

Nice to see you Rags again ~ hope you are doing well Smile

In ref to the MC letter posted ~ it states that MC will receive funds at varying times over the next six months or longer and it will affect when we receive our retro. I have to agree with Rags on the time line ~ it is not going to be as straight forward as we had thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 15 Apr 2013, 07:42

Big rex

Great work and well done to person who sent on memo good update for us here who have not yet received the info. I am sure we all will.

As one can see the time line is as several of us advised in January it will be 6 months to a year to get paid and longer for those who have arguments about future payments and retro beyond the 2 year payout. For those that thought we should take this deal now so we can see our money in weeks way back in Feb.....you were wrong. what was a few weeks of new negotiations in the big scheme of things if it was going to take minimum 6 to 9 months and will for some be a year in getting paid. Feb 14 till now official court letter next week or so will have been 2 and a half months plus 6 more to get money to MC and then there payout out we are already at 8 and a bite months for the best case situation. looking back to January arguments can be 20/20.

Im happy its over and things are happening much as was expected. Yes we got boned but cant do anything about it now the many scared rabbits backed a bad plan but it was a plan and works just not perfect. So no sense in crying over spilled milk, in all this we know who was right and who was wrong and I have a clear concience, many will not.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 01:50

do diligence must be taken too account for all; present, missing, and owing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 01:42

Strategic relocation of assets - when you get caught, it takes time to put it back in place - usually this comes with a very tight time line to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum