Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unprocessed Gang

+22
VetWife
Teentitan
kozi4
OldZipperhead
1993firebird
expara
PGV
Newfie
ghillie
Wife of a Veteran
321HTRCN
K9
bigrex
rucksack031
turbo
sailor964
dzanzio
froggie2u36
Nemo
Rifleman
HAPPYCRAZY
Sapper Zodiak
26 posters

Page 3 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 56  Next

Go down

The Unprocessed Gang - Page 3 Empty Re: The Unprocessed Gang

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 14:31

Here she is waiting for her 4 month retro.

The Unprocessed Gang - Page 3 Ostrich-head-in-sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 14:29

Thanks for your most recent pic birdy!

The Unprocessed Gang - Page 3 Ostrich-head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 14:25

Maybe what SISIP meant was that all was in order in regard to you sending in information...and that they had asked for something further from VAC, although having not received it yet.

Go to your local VAC office, sign a waiver specifically for SISIP to gather information. Maybe someone there will actually contact them while you're there and straighten the whole thing out. Remember, Charlottetown doesn't always put information online so people in the call centres can read it...they may not have access to it. Going to the VAC office is your best bet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:35

VAC has told me that any information required would need a release form from me.

Another thing is that I have advised MC in May about problems with Surviving Spouses and if they had looked at it then, maybe this wouldn't be happening now. I have asked SISIP, every month if they needed info and they always told me that all was in order, then comes October 16th. and oops.......they need information.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:17

Go to your local VAC office, speak to a pension officer there and have them initiate an investigation in regard to any request from ANY outside source other than yourself. Also, ask them for a waiver form to sign...just in case SISIP tries to sneak in more requests for paperwork at this late date...this way there will be no delays, VAC will know and already have your permission.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:05

WOV I know that this is hard on you and It is unfair remember that it will get completed.

Just a thought on VAC and SISIP requesting information you might want to ask to be informed if any requests to VAC come in from this point onward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:04

Anyone read any current scuttlebutt on the LNVB facefart page? I don't use it...look at my avatar!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:34

The wheels on the justice bus go round and round...albeit very slowly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:05

Widow of Veteran, at least now you know that the Layers are working on it, as they should, after all you are part of the initial group. Let's hope that the Layers can get to the bottom of this in a speedy way. I must commend you in your efforts to seek answers, I hope that others in your situation can do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:50

Of course the claim would be under his name...it has to be, as he was the client.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:23

Thank you Oceanspirit.

I just couldn't get a straight answer from this supervisor about the specifics of the request and the date it was made. And then to bring up that it was under HIS name, at least 5 times. I told her among other things that he's gone and can't answer you and i'm his next of kin and that she should know that.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:18

Keep Strong WOV!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:11

Thank you all for your support.
I had already sent an e-mail yesterday to Kristine about this issue and she replied this morning and said that the lawyers were aware of the problems and are working on it.
I told MC in May that there was problems with the Widows files and if it would of been dealt with then, we may not be in this situation.
I have written down all the names of people I have talked with.
The lady at VAC as told me to offer her name to the lawyers if need be but reassured me that SISIP never ask for any correspondence.
This supervisor at SISIP called me back and told me that what VAC had told me wasn't true. She kept repeating that the file was under my husbands name......it rubbed the wrong wounds......I lost it. I told her what my taughts were. I offered more paperwork and she told me it was all in order but yet cannot tell me what specifically they want and cannot tell me when the info was requested (date). She also said that they were working on other files.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:58

Widow of Veteran, make sure that you politely ask for the name of who you speak with from SISIP. Also I realize that you have already informed MC via email regarding your situation, however your situation has now changed, DVA has now told you that there was no such request sent to them by SISIP with regards to your claim. So I would now contact MC by phone asap, explain what DVA has told you, ask them to please find out what is causing this delay with your claim. They should be able to at least give you answers, as to where you stand today, with regards to when you will receive your retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:48

WOV, Call MC and demand they check into this issue. This is total BS. I would call repeatedly until somebody responds. Peter's cell number at MC is 403-461-4011. You are paying him a substantial amount so make him earn it. Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 56  Next