Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROCESSED GANG PART 1

+3
pteadams2002
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
7 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PROCESSED GANG PART 1 Empty Re: PROCESSED GANG PART 1

Post by 1993firebird Fri 25 Oct 2013, 21:11

Thanks.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 13:17

Happy to hear that, Firebird.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:46

My calculations for the interest is less than SISIP's calculations. The interest starts at the beginning of the second year. I am adding on the interest amount at the end of the year to the gross amount before calculating the next years interest and my figures are $200 to $300 less than SISIP's. So if I am calculating it correctly , than I believe SISIP's calculations are correct.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 05:36

ok this is a little fracked . now mine is ok and they did give me the post interest as I assume they did with moast, however post interest was NEVER LISTED . some like me are just finding out now it was suppose to be applied. now they are saying if I did have a problem with my post interest that was buried in the calcs all I need is a written request with proof and a frackin time machine?????

WOW

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:13

I am good with numbers. I was told by Laura at The Group that evidence is required for a calculation dispute appeal. I have received a second cheque already because of a mistake made by SISIP , they used an incorrect amount for my final year salary.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:51

That is funny because, I emailed the Bruneau group and she replied that I had to send a request in writing, but should contact the lawyers first, and according to her, the only deadline is the 30 days from when you received the cheque, with no mention of the 14th of Nov, so I guess, I'm out of luck. We've been given the runaround so often during this entire process that I figured we could start our own Carnival with vomit inducing rides like the SISIP Brain Scrambler, the Political Spinner and the MC Tunnel of Eternal Communication Blackout.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Thu 24 Oct 2013, 23:32

I sent in email to MC that i didnt agree with calculations of my refund like the letter said  . Kristine hunter sent me a e mail telling me to e mail the group for appeals.

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Thu 24 Oct 2013, 23:29

I got a question about the interest now i phoned sisip and was told interest was monthly then the same by mc is it monthly or yearly
The way the amounts r worked out i need a math degree to figure out what they paid.

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 19:37

Firebird, if you know someone good with numbers you can take it to them to check over your numbers, or you can take it to and accountant, where I am sure you will be charged a fee. Other than that, if you find something yourself that does not look right in the calculations, you can request and appeal through MC, and they will pass it to the adjudication process, to confirm your numbers. Keep in mind that there is a timeline for choosing the appeal route, and I think it is 30 days, from the date you receive your cheque.

.Calculation Dispute
If you disagree with the amount of your Refund, you may appeal that decision.

You must appeal by the later of the following dates:

1.November 14, 2013; and
2.30 days after you receive your Refund.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 24 Oct 2013, 18:58

Who do we contact to verify accuracy of our claim form as I can not figure out if it is correct or not?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 18:20

From MC,

If you have received a refund, please review the refund period on your calculation sheet.

If the refund period does not cover the entire time that you were unable to work due to your disability or when you were receiving CPP(disability), please email sisipclassaction@mcinnescooper.com with a brief explanation.

There is a free and independent adjudication process to resolve any disputes about when a member was eligible for a refund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 17:42

True that, propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:01

hmmm could be trooper but it did create some confusion im just glad everyone will get there post judgment retro I was starting to have some serious doubts there for a bit.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 15:12

propat, I agree, a separate line for post judgment interest would have made it easier to find it on our calculation sheets, I believe the reason why they did not add a separate line, was to keep within the scope of the court order.

Last edited by trooper on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 17:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 20:06

they really should have put a separate line for the post judgment interest that probably would have made thing a lot easier.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next