Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unprocessed Gang

+22
VetWife
Teentitan
kozi4
OldZipperhead
1993firebird
expara
PGV
Newfie
ghillie
Wife of a Veteran
321HTRCN
K9
bigrex
rucksack031
turbo
sailor964
dzanzio
froggie2u36
Nemo
Rifleman
HAPPYCRAZY
Sapper Zodiak
26 posters

Page 4 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 56  Next

Go down

The Unprocessed Gang - Page 4 Empty Re: The Unprocessed Gang

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:56

Called SISIP this morning to find out what is required from VAC. I was told it wasn't known the specific info that was required and they couldn't tell me when it was requested either. I ask for the supervisor and was told she would tell me the same.
I called VAC and talk to a lady and she verified everything and nothing as been ask from SISIP. She also mention that no matter what SISIP would ask for, they would need a form sign by me before releasing anything. Absolutely nothing was receive from SISIP. She said that my file was clear and the last thing posted on it was from the clawback and a date of October 2012. Prior to this date, all they have is info from 2007 which is the year he passed away. No correspondence was ask at all from SISIP. This lady also offered for me to use her name if need be as she checked my file inside out.
I don't like the game that SISIP is playing.

I called SISIP back and ask for the supervisor but the guy put me on hold for awhile and comes back to tell me she was busy and would call me back by 2pm. this afternoon. I had the feeling she wouldn't take the phone.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Thu 17 Oct 2013, 09:31

Ok just got off phone with SISIP. They said that all the files left over that had additional info requested and they received the info they need will be finished and sent to MC the end of the month. If they need info still he said there is no set agenda for when the files will be sent to MC after they are finished.
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 06:40

Good luck to my boy DZANZIO and obviously all remaining veterans I honestly find it hard to celebrate while others are waiting so hurry up and get paid cheers to all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 23:44

One would hope so trooper...they averaged approx., 450 claims per day to get them all done in 3 days...so one could only logically assume that if they did the same and there's only 523 to do, they could have the bucks sent out tomorrow at the latest...any other delay would be by design. Who knows, they could have already done them all today and will fire them all off first thing in the AM tomorrow...then the chances of some lucky folk grabbing their wad of cash on Friday would be groovy...can you dig it man? Surprised)~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:52

zero, that is their goal. Expect the cheques to go out sooner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:49

What gets me is the added delays MC always seems to stuff into their sending the money out...last month they boasted about sending out cheques in 3 days, 1341 of them...now this month it's going to take longer with only 523 to be paid? One might figure if they did that amount last month in 3 days, that it should only take a day to send this batch out...why the extra added time, and plus over another weekend? How can one be grateful to a law firm that intentionally stalls and delays for their own best interest...and this has been going on since 1st May. There is no excuse for this, yet this is how they treat us...and they have the nerve to say what the government did to us was cruel? Sounds like Manugian Logic.

Rex...every time I look at your avatar, you remind me of a "GOOMBAH" from the Mario Bros movie. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:37

WoV, yes, the post decision interest should continue until the money is sent to the lawfirm. What pisses me off, is if MC knew that those Veterans that had to submit additional information were going to have to wait 6 months from the time it was submitted, and not limited to the original 6 month limit, regardless of when the info was provided, they should have told the class. I would be livid if I was one of these Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:43

I have a question.....If, lets say an original member does not receive there settlement this month.........does the 5% interest continue until they do receive it?

I'm just curious on how they will handle this one. They seem to be trying to find any excuses to get away with it.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:11

So now we know two things.

1. MC now has the processed claims in their possession.

2. Those that were asked for additional info with respect to their claim, the six Month timeline starts when SISIP has received the additional information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:02

This is a copy and paste from and individual who posted it on LNVB facebook this morning.

The following email is one I received this morning from Kristine Hunter, fair to say that this Veteran is f!!kn pissed, someone provide me with some phone numbers and

addresses of anyone that can help with this:

Good morning xxxxxxx,

We did not receive your claim with this October 15th batch.

It would appear that SISIP asked you for employment income which they received from you in August 2013. In cases where SISIP has asked the member for additional information the Court has given SISIP six months from the date they received the additional information from you to process your claim; in other words, six months from August 2013.

Best regards,

Kristine Hunter

Last edited by trooper on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 08:59

MC cannot control whose file is processed first by Manulife or how many claims are processed in each month. With some exceptions where additional information is necessary, the Court Order requires that claims be processed within 6 months of April 15, 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 08:17

The court order states 6 Months, Oct 15th is 6 Months, the order did not specify anything about holidays, being that this is the final batch, the final numbers should be out today. If not, contact MC, and ask them why haven't we received the numbers yet. I would think MC would be in their right to request the processed numbers today, not tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 07:21

Sisip has complied with the court order, those files were enroute on Friday plus it's in MC interest not to give the exact date , truthful , date they arrived, so this gives them extra time to work on them and get them out the door, check it out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:57

That may be so teen, but SISIP insists that the files were sent at noon on the 15th...unless everyone at MC is on an extended Thanksgiving holiday until the 17th...thanks veterans for giving us a huge bonus. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:39

Zero because of the holiday SISIP now has until 17 Oct to get the files to MC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 56  Next