Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled.

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled. - Page 3 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 20:51

It's nice to come on CSAT to see the mixed emotions of people in regard to whatever's on their minds...at this moment, on this part of CSAT anyway is the SISIP fiasco forum...and in saying that, I don't hate SISIP, it's just how everything's been handled from day one. The fiasco isn't with SISIP, but the management of our benefits through years of governmental negligence, whether by the conservatives or liberals...they fucked up plain and simple, and we have to suffer the consequences. Here is my opinion of how things have gone...pros & cons style;

GoC
---
Pros- Not many, but things could be a lot worse for us...we could all be part of the Soviet veteran's association and get zilch for our injuries.

Cons- The way they always cut from serving military, then veterans. They treat us as if we've done something wrong by wanting to have some peace in our lives, starting with not having to be so worried about our finances.

SISIP
-----
Pros- The monthly ltd benefit, and hopefully soon to be received retro.

Cons- Their ultra-slow response to organizing retro repayments, when they could have been completed processing last year. Their allowing newly filed claims to be processed ahead of the original queue...causing more delays. Their lack of communication and rude demeanor when contacted.

MC
--
Pros- They won it for us.

Cons- Keeping us in the dark, their arrogance and disrespect, by making us feel like we were only a paycheque to them. Their lack of communication with everyone, not answering the phone or email, but only to a select few...legal double-talk by never answering a question directly, always leaving some wiggle-room, but for what reason? Blatantly avoiding certain questions. THE APP and its monthly flaws. Other issues like, sending company cheques instead of direct deposit. Not keeping their website updated with important information. Always looking for other ways to collect fees. Education grant, not even looked into yet.

DM
--
Pros- Was the sympathetic face of all veterans...and was able to speak out for this cause.

Cons- His ego and ability to degrade many veterans. He believes that he deserves more than what he received...his extra 50k. His arrogance in thinking he was the sole hero for our cause...yet he was only the front-man, it was OUR numbers that won the case, not because of him.

VAC
---
Pros- Unsure, but they're depleting as we speak.

Cons- Treating us like a number. Newer, younger, snotty employees who treat us like a burden, like Veteran's Affairs was created so they could have jobs, vice taking care of us and our needs.

VRAB
----
Pros- None

Cons- Anything & everything.

Veterans
--------
Pros- Selfless sacrifice, dignity, intergrity, honor...willingness to put themselves before others, despite the cost to themselves.

Cons- We don't have an active association to keep track of what the GoC, VAC and others do to our rights and pensions.

In summation...it's been a tough 6 months waiting...some have waited less, and some will continue to wait...but it has always been beyond our control, as with most things that we deal with post-military. Naturally, we who have waited for many, many years can become impatient, bitter, upset, insane even...and why is that...because we need the closure! The finality to put this nightmare behind us...and try to move forward the best that we can. I don't imagine that many of us will ever be able to totally forget the whole SISIP clawback, but hopefully it will fade in time. Still though, it's been pretty cool to see the input of so many veterans in regard to this cause and the waiting game afterward...seeing those already with enough to contend with, extend the helping hand to ease the mind of someone else. We all have our qualities and our flaws, we've all had our turn in an angry rant, and we've all tried to offer up some sort of informative assistance...but the best of this situation is that it's hopefully brought us closer together.

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled. - Page 3 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled.

Post by bigrex Sat 21 Sep 2013, 16:50

My only complaint about SISIP itself is their lack of initiative. Once it was decided that the GoC was not going to appeal the courts decision in May of 2012, they could have at least calculated the basic 24 month return for most class members, especially those members who had not been zero summed. If this had been done, the payment process would have been much faster.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:55

As far as I know SISSIP was against these claw back's from the very start. Today unfortunatally they are the target of many unhappy people. I understand their situation but it is important to understand that sissip is only triing to settle a situation THEY are victim of in the best possible time frame. Sure there policies will not please every body even today but that will now be on individuel cases. Sissip did not decide to start the claw back's the crown did. What I did not appreciate from sissip is that they did not do all they could have to let all of us know back then what was happening! Would it have made a difference? I thinl so, this case could have been settleled many years ago. But then the question is was it the crowns responsability to inform us or was it sissip? Well that is my say.

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled. - Page 3 Empty What are your thoughts on how the sisip ordeal was handled.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:27

Being that they are a large number of Veterans affected by this Law suit, It would be nice to hear from some of you, be it positive, and or negative, on how you feel at this point in the final phase of the payout, about your views with respect to the way it was handled.
We are all unique in our own way, we all have our own situations to deal with, however we do have something in common, we are all ex military, and were released for medical reasons. Most CSAT users will agree that I have taken the path of expressing my gratitude towards MC, and sisip, that is just the way I see it, in my eyes nothing has been so bad with either, to stray me off that path. In my view, I believe that these two organizations has done for me, something that has made me feel better about myself, better security, a chance to live a better life, and some piece of mind.
Now having said that, it was not perfect, but what is perfect in life, nothing. We cannot please everyone, and we never will, that is a fact of life, those that have voiced negativity about the way it was handled, that is the path they have chosen, and they have their own reasons for it, so they have my utmost respect for doing so.
I must say that CSAT, is a wonderful site, with outstanding members, who have given me strength, and has taught me so much during this whole ordeal, always there to help, and give support to all Veterans, that's the way I feel about this site, so much to offer, sometimes things get a little rocky on here, but we always somehow manage to work it out. So to all the members of CSAT I would like to say thanks to you all, for being such and outstanding group of individuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3