Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP APP (Assorted Topics)

+31
bulldozer
froggie2u36
beleaf67
MaggieinNB
Wife of a Veteran
sailor964
Recon031
HAPPYCRAZY
kozi4
OldZipperhead
ghillie
liverlover
321HTRCN
loggie
TripleT
dzanzio
Rifleman
Nemo
RCN-Retired
By the Bay
rzm71
peep
rucksack031
Sapper Zodiak
DeeCee
1993firebird
bigrex
meathead
expara
puddleduk2
Teentitan
35 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

SISIP APP (Assorted Topics)  - Page 37 Empty Re: SISIP APP (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 07:59

The way MC works the App will be completed around the 6 month time frame by then we will all be paid.
We will get back to you, we are looking into it, we ARE GOING TO SEND THIS INFO OUT , I AM TIRED OF WE ARE!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 07:57

I am not going to access the App but I will wave my cane at the convoy of Purolator trucks delivering in our area ~ SISIP APP (Assorted Topics)  - Page 37 Purolator2_f582x289
MC has already started marshelling the trucks!

Back to top Go down

SISIP APP (Assorted Topics)  - Page 37 Empty Did anyone get the APP yet it is Wed .....hahaha

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 06:22

This is just so .......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 01:52

Maybe we are overing thinking this.
There are very few people that know your VAC Number and able to put your name to it.
The easiest is just to post the VAC Numbers on the Lawyers Website.
Then, even I would not like that. Mad
Not many people, including my wife, knows my VAC Number - I keep that quite private.
That is a tough one scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 01:35

This all depends how the app is setup.
I know of several password cracking tools that will generate all the VAC numbers you every would want - Like John the Ripper or LC5 or you can build your alphanumeric generator.
So the app uses the VAC Number, this is OK, but it will need to be "salted" with something only you would know and that is not common knowledge - Like your Blue Cross Card, VIP Group entitlement numbers.
And it should be "salted" twice with something else for it to be truly secure - Like what province or territory you signed up in or something like that.
And on the first 5 attempts it locks the account out.
Whatever way they setup the app I only hope it has double authentication built into it (Salted Twice).

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 07 May 2013, 23:51

Sure if the list states the VAC file AND the Veterans name, but if all it looks like is this:

A1111111111
B222222222
C333333333,

And so on, there is no way to use that against you, so unless the person has their VAC number on their FB profile, or they have stated it on the forums, there is no way to link a specific VAC number to a specific Veteran. And if a hacker is that smart, what is stopping them from hacking into the VAC database and getting every ones info? I do appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong, but there are still problems with it, like not everyone has a service number, and not everyone owns a device where an app can be downloaded to. If a hacker wants to hack a GoC department, a service number can get you the same information as a VAC number, if not more, because both DND and VAC can look up your file using your service number, so I don't see the difference as far as protecting our information.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 07 May 2013, 23:36

I believe that some would appreciate, however for me it will be a no thank you.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 07 May 2013, 23:31

Rex hackers are more intelligent then you think. They can steal your house by just using a discarded hydro bill. They are targeting senior citizens and ruining their credit and lives not to mention having them evicted because of foreclosure.

So imagine what they can do with your VAC number. Think about it you put your name, address, phone number, bank account to deposit your VIP, PA, HRTC on VAC forms. So the info is there and they can get if they want it.

Like I said I appreciate the fact that MC is doing this so "we" know when the claim is processessed. They did not have to do this but Peter knows the anxiety level of everyone waiting for their retro. Peter contacted me to inform me that they are doing this.

They wanted to email people but Privacy Law forbidded it and the courts are enforcing them (MC) to comply. So in this case a thank you is appropriate for their effort to try to minimize the anxiety for everyone.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 23:26

Hi, With just a VAC number, Read a little post ( the one with your name when everyone told their full names, check Facebook with youre nicknames or names got maybe a phone number, an address with postal code, birthday dates. Oppsssssssss sound familiar to some info when you call vac line. Sometimes it's not a bank account they want, just SIN number are enough to steal your identity.

Always remeber that when you are on the net without some protections or be a little shy about personnal information, it's like making love without a condoms Smile

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Tue 07 May 2013, 22:50

I think it is a good idea. Being paranoid is ok, however, passwords are just that. Let's just be very imagitive. Just saying folks. Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 07 May 2013, 22:01

Teen, what is a hacker going to do with just a VAC number? It cannot be used to secure credit, or log onto a persons banking information. In fact, it is not stored or linked to any personal information held by the GoC, outside of VAC, except for maybe your local drugstore. But hey, if a hacker wants to go through he hassles of finding out the strength of the Dilaudid I'm on, all the power to them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 21:57

Just finished baking 214 cupcakes! Very Happy
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 07 May 2013, 21:54

Crazy

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 21:23

How about appreciation? How about an app will cut work time for,personnel who can then process our files,instead of answering phone calls and email?how about that eh? Finding solutions,not making problems!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 21:05

How about this, instead of wasting time and resources designing and developing an 'app', how about they put that time into actually processing and forwarding claims?

Hmm, how about that, eh? Instead of more of this high-falootin technology crap designed to drive us further into the zombie pit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next