Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 47 of 64 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 55 ... 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 47 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 14:25

I think we can be assured that Bruneau Group is being thorough with each individual case. I know that the lawyers are aware of cases like firebirds so all we can do is feel confident that despite in some cases, a lack of medical information going back many years, that the case will be handled properly. When put into perspective, we waited this long it is best to wait longer and hopefully get the right results.

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 47 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by 1993firebird Fri 09 Jan 2015, 13:54

I think both , in my case , I did not submit any documentation at the 18 month and 24 month because I was zero sum and therefore would not get any money from SISIP if I was deemed TPI. I have nothing in my civilian Doctor file stating the severity of my health conditions because I did not talk to my family Doctor about it. I have spoken with social workers , psychiatrists and psychologists who wrote reports but not about not being able to work. They wrote reports on my health and prescribed medication. My appeal is requesting retro going back to the first day after my first two years ended and without a report from a Medical Doctor stating that I could not work from the first day I was medically released , my case becomes very difficult and I hope that they are being very thorough by taking that into consideration.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 09 Jan 2015, 13:43

Are they being thorough or is there way too many screwed up client files????
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 09 Jan 2015, 13:40

My case is extremely difficult and very complicated , so I think it is me who is holding up everyones decision. I will compensate all for having to wait , not. LOL
I agree with trooper , approve them all.

Shocked

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 13:16

WOW ! This is terrible - The only thing I can think of here is that they are being extremely thorough in each case they are looking at.

Approve them all ! that's what I say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:45

Spoke with Bruneau Group lawyer today and unfortunately it will be  another several more months  or longer before they have completed the individual files for medical appeals. In turn, they won't give results of files until all files are completed and decisions are mailed to class. Sorry it isn't better info.

Side note: on Linkedin it states  that there are 1-10 employees within The Bruneau Group so that has me wondering how many of those numbers of staff are actually working on these particular  files out of that number of employees and other business commitments with the added group who have calculations disputes from Sisip that are also under review presently via The Bruneau Group.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 08 Jan 2015, 13:58

I want to know how many appeals are left to decide on and I want to know now. LOL

Evil or Very Mad

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 19:35

Agreed Trooper, it is taking too long for 90 appeals to be assessed. No news either be it from MC or Bruneau Group.
Waiting but losing patience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jan 2015, 18:11

This is taking way to long - answers are needed here.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 06 Jan 2015, 16:24

Anyone have any intel on the status of the completion of the appeals.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 29 Dec 2014, 16:27

Nothing new , just like the new year but I did get the bursary process completed , just waiting for the money.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 16:14

Any news firebird, still waiting for some news on the appeal decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 13 Dec 2014, 12:46

The adjudicator received my appeal on June 16 as well and I was told the same thing. I believe that the decision will come out soon in the new year and I will receive three amounts. One is the retroactive pay , another is the COLA pay and the last one will be going forward pay.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 12:09

Glad you received a positive outcome with DVA firebird. Here's hoping the next will be the adjudication decision in your favor. Turbo, I empathize and understand, we are in the exact situation as you and have been given the same response from MC and Bruneau Group. I don't understand the decision to hold off on the results until all appeals are processed but that is the scenario. I don't anticipate any news until well into the new year. Trying to stay positive.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 13 Dec 2014, 10:03

I was deemed TPI by Veterans Affairs on November 25 / 14. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 64 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 55 ... 64  Next