Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 49 of 64 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 49 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:32

Did anyone, in their wildest dreams, ever think that we would still be dealing with all this, two and a half to three years after we won the case, even for those of us who were not reinstated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 49 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:43

For Firebird and anyone else waiting for decisions on the Sisip appeals via the Bruneau Group. I received confirmation this morning via MC that it is likely going to be a minimum of 2 more months or more before any decisions are announced via Laura Bruneau with reference to Sisip appeals. Just thought those waiting would want to know no news any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:49

Anyone else still waiting for the Sisip appeals to be decided? I thought they had a two month deadline once the GOC sent in their rebuttals and MC submitted any final rebuttals. It has been past that time frame now. Any news from anyone? TYIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Aug 2014, 09:55

Your CF pension is safe. The only deduction from your CF pension is CPP or CPP Disability.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 22:12

If someone wins the LTD appeal, does Sisip deduct military pension from the equation? No news as yet on appeal just wondering how the formula works now that DVA amounts are not taken into account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Aug 2014, 12:22

Not really because I bet there is a couple hundred they can't find. One thing for sure is MC was very "detailed" about the numbers as it meant more billing.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:09

Anyone else surprised that there are only 90 disability appeals? out of all the medically released.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 09:02

Update on appeals.
There were approximately 90 disability appeals.
The appeals cover retroactive time periods so successful appellants will get a retroactive cheque for the time that they are determined to be totally disabled.

I thought I read on Csat somewhere that it wasn't retroactive but Dan Wallace advised today it is. Just thought those waiting would like to know especially for those that were concerned because they hadn't sent in medical forms. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Aug 2014, 18:47

Any news on the appeals yet? I hope we won't have to do the lottery draws again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Aug 2014, 13:29

I wonder how many appeals are being processed? I understand the appeals for financial discrepancies on the settlement  claims were looked at first by Bruneau Group and likely completed by now leaving the LTD appeals remaining. I am under the impression that the appeals decisions will be released in a batch or batches to MC and claimants.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:40

nothing official on an extension. there is a legal time frame of 2 months.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:17

I thought there was a legal time frame for decisions or has that been extended?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:09

Update from Laura Bruneau , she still has many appeals to make decisions on.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:38

Update:
For those waiting for appeal decisions from Bruneau Group on LTD decisions, I contacted Mr. Wallace of MC today and he advised that he has not received any decisions from the adjudicator as yet. Just thought those waiting would want to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:11

Anyone get a decision on the LTD appeal? Still waiting. No news, no letters, no decisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 64 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 64  Next