Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

+17
Dannypaj
turbo
1993firebird
K9
Mike77
sabrelove
RCN-Retired
tiger660
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Rifleman
peep
Recon031
Teentitan
MaggieinNB
OldZipperhead
21 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 20:52

Sounds like you have a good doc there firebird.

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by 1993firebird Wed 27 Apr 2016, 12:47

I tell my doctor my doctor does not tell me.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:30

To me it's the physicians forms that are a pain an for the most part useless , unless of course your in the initial phase of approval.

The members questionnaire is not a big deal , to me anyway , it's short an the questions are straight forward and easy to complete.

Going to see your physician every year or every other year is not really required as far as I'm concerned , this only adds stress to the Veteran who already has enough on their plates trying to access other benefits and dealing full time with their condition or conditions.

If they see a red flag from what was filled out from the members questionnaire , then they can send you to your physician for an evaluation , that I could live with.

The last I heard was that each Veterans CM will determine rather the physicians statement is warranted based on each individuals circumstance , not sure if this is still in place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 21:44

That is exactly true Navrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 21:23

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine! Annual Sisip medical forms are a form of abuse and control, there only propose is to instill fear and control over the claimant ! Isn't it disgraceful enough that every month we have to hold out our tin cup and the government with Manulife as its proxy doles out the few pieces of silver it believes we should receive! There's no place in a disabled veterans universe for a capitalist bank to administer and Decide what and if we quaifly for disability benefits! Insurance company take your hands off what is rightfully a benefit for service rendered and let's bring it back to the people's government! Profit doesn't belong in long term disability benefits!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 26 Apr 2016, 14:56

I do not know if it is automatic with VAC but SISIP is still currently the primary provider of benefits.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 26 Apr 2016, 14:39

Thanks 1993firebird.  I hope they combine the two into one program.
I asked the question because now (my understanding) all 3b releases are 'outomatically' (after doing the forms) are qualified for VAC Rehab and ELB.  But, because you get paid by SISIP they say that they do not pay.  
Will see,
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:58

I believe that I will be denied after my first medical report because I provided SISIP with the same documentation that I provided the adjudicator in the Class Action Law Suit , before I provided it to the adjudicator and SISIP denied me coverage. I am glad that the adjudicator saw it differently and granted coverage because it involved back pay.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:54

First you have to go through the SISIP after the first two years process to see if you qualify for continued LTD benefits or , I think , you can waive your coverage but SISIP is the primary provider. If you are denied SISIP LTD beyond the first two years then you can apply for VAC ELB as they are the secondary provider. However things might be changing very soon and there maybe a combining of the two or elimination of SISIP , something like that.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 26 Apr 2016, 11:40

This might be a silly question.
May one switch from SISIP LTD to VAC ELB?
When the two years with sisip are up, and I prefere to be with VAC LTD is it a 'seamless' process or another battle with them.
I do not care much for my CM to ask that question.
Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:37

I agree Navrat, and in spite of what any politician says, there is only one reason for the continued paperwork. There is only two levels of support for ELB/ SISIP, 75/90% or nothing. So if you are on either one of those until 65, and your medical situation worsens, they are not and cannot, going to increase the money you receive. So therefor the only reason for these "check ins" is to see if they can cease your benefits. So every time you get that paperwork, even though you are still disabled, you get stressed out that somehow they will use what you or your doctor writes, to cancel your benefit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:08

I just got my letter stating that according to information in my file I will not be required to fill one out until Feb 2017.
But this uncertainty causes a lot of stress for the veterans and family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 25 Apr 2016, 05:27

These "bull" (fill in the blank) forms are almost a thing of the past (Thank God). Our memories should be kept in the past and not have to be recalled every single time YOU want information.
Keep up the information sharing.
We deserve the best care possible.

Here is a link of our progress so far.
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=853623&playlistId=1.2866498&binId=1.1184694&playlistPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=WBloeKK

The Government of Canada made promises to Veterans, so lets hold them accountable for those promises.
Continue the information sharing.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 05 Jan 2016, 07:57

ah you people are all crazy , lol.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Jan 2016, 05:02

I agree Nav. Insurance companies are not there to protect their clients. They are there to make money, period. And they will look for any and all loopholes, including illegal ones, to reduce the money that they have to pay out. Disabled Veterans should not have to deal with that type of mentality, especially when they are at their most vulnerable.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next