Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

+17
Dannypaj
turbo
1993firebird
K9
Mike77
sabrelove
RCN-Retired
tiger660
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Rifleman
peep
Recon031
Teentitan
MaggieinNB
OldZipperhead
21 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:42

It's good that you posted the info Sparrow but each person needs to remember the date of their release. That's how SISIP keeps track of clients for paperwork...release date.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:40

Peeps, I am in the same boat as you friend. I only know what I have read on csat from other ltd clients who have received the forms.  I just don't want to see anyone not receive those forms and be remiss in not having them completed causing further hardship as I had not received mine and thought perhaps others may have not as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:10

Peep because of the lawsuit SISIP needs to update their medical records on each client.

I was told that if you are deemed permanently disabled, on CPP D then after the medical report requested this year starting in 2014 all that will be sent is a personel questionaire for the client to fill out.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:39

So you are telling us we HAVE to be reassed this year. Even if our original statement for disability was prolonged, permanent and incurable.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty LTD Continued Benefits Medical Forms and Review

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:32

Sisip as many know, is in the process of annually reviewing LTD continued benefits and requires all LTD recipients to have the medical forms completed by their physician and submitted on or by a certain date. I had not received my forms to date and therefore contacted my Sisip case manager and she forwarded via email the forms to be completed. The case manager also advised that if there is any difficulty in having the forms completed and returned by said date to simply advise Sisip of this fact and they will notate it on record. If anyone in receipt of LTD has not yet received their annual review medical forms please contact Sisip soonest and they can mail or email you the questionnaire forms. 1-800-565-0701

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:45

For us with head wounds, I hope this will get mentioned again in January
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 18:37

Ok Recon, will look for Page 2 of 4, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 16:19

I too would like to add a few points passed on to me this afternoon , but simply put , some additional info to TeenTitan to " SUPPORT " what has been said by Ron .

From Manulife ::::::::

1. ALL ZERO SUM Members ( wether in receipt of CPP or not ) are " OBLIGATED " to complete a medical review """ THIS YEAR """ .

2. The reason being that some people have been " OFF CLAIM " for as long as 20 + years and in that time we never received any updated medical information , nor , didwe get any with the Declaration in October 2012 as it was not a requirement at that time .

3. In order to ensure that all files are up to date & that the claimant is indeed " TOTALLY DISABLED " , we require a medical review completed for this year .

4. If you are in receipt of " CPP " you " will not" be required to complete an " ATTENDING PHYSICIAN's " Statement .... Next Year ...., ONLY .... the Claimant Statement for Continued Benefits will be required on " an annual basis " .

5. SO.......... Please , make an appointment with your Physician ....... to have the form completed .

6. Please " NOTE " , that a new form may be arriveing as the second .... 2nd .... page of the Doctor's form may not be correct . Please ensure that it indicates .... Page 2 of 4 .... on the bottom .... if it says .... Page 2 of 2 .... , then Please discard it and wait for the new form to arrive as we are " RE- SENDING " them out as they were incorrectly photocopied the first time around .

Hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience .

Cheers ,
For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 16:07

Thanks Teen, I just got a call from my cm and my medical is due January, both forms like you said, but the great info that you mentioned was the CPPD info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 14:54

I can definitely live with that, thanks for the info teen.

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty Info on Yearly Medical Assessment if on LTD

Post by Teentitan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 14:19

Just got off the phone with my CM at SISIP and I'd like to pass on the info.

To update the SISIP files because of the Class Action Lawsuit all clients on LTD will have to get a physicians report/statement on your medical status.

If you are in receipt of CPP Disability after this physician report you will then receive every year a form you fill out and send back to SISIP.  You will receive this form starting January 2015.  No physician statement required.

If you are not in receipt of CPP Disability you will have to do the yearly physician statement when sent to you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 10 Oct 2012, 13:02

navrat... I would wager that the majority of "zero-sum" people stopped sending in medicals at some point, especially if the doctor charged a fee to fill them out. I am sure that the legal team will deal with that issue. My dh is in this group. He stopped sending medicals after he zeroed-out... he had been collecting SISIP for 3.5 years at that point and had already been deemed permanently disabled.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:52

MY FORMER CM AT SISIP TOLD ME IF YOU WERE CUT OFF SISIP OR FAILED TO MEET THEIR DEFINATION OF TPI AT 24 MONTHS NOTHING CHANGES , YOU ARE CUT OFF END OF, NO BUTTERFLIES , NO FEEL GOOD REINSTATEMENT JUST CUT OFF. IF YOU FAILED TO SEND IN MEDICALS YOU ARE F------, CALL AND ASK IF YOU DOUBT ME, ITS YOUR INFOMATION IT BELONGS TO YOU

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by OldZipperhead Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:32

With the Governments changes to the Old Age Security (OAS) and that retirement age is no longer at 65 but whenever the individual decides not to work, I am surprised that SISIP has not changed their policy to reflect that.  What the hell am I talking about; this is the GOC’s responsibility and not SISIP as they are only the administrators of the policy.

Also, why is it that we have veterans that have been completely diagnosed as totally disabled/impaired and yet each year they have to jump through the hoops to have another medical application filled out by their doctor.  What the hell does SISIP expect that there will one day be a medical miracle and the veteran is miraculously healed?  If the veteran has gone through two years and there is no cure in site for their physical and mental disabilities, then enough is enough, they should not have to send in another medical form each year. This is just added stress and mental anguish heaped upon the shoulders of the veteran and a waste of money. Part of the proxies should be that if the veteran is totally disabled, with no possibility of a positive change in the future (likely will only get worse), than NO MORE medical forms to fill out each year.

It is my belief that if the veteran drops the ball one year and somehow fails to complete the medical forms and fails to get them sent in, gives SISIP the excuse to stop payment and close the file based on non-compliance. Just more BS to take!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13