Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 10 of 47 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 10 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance

Post by Rubicon Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:45

December 12, 2018 I walked into the VAC Office and had the intake person complete the application for me at which point it was in the system. On 12 January 2019 (a Saturday, no less) I received a VAC e-mail telling me my application was complete. It went thru Steps 1, 2 and 3 very quickly over the holiday period. Additionally, new CIA amount for Grade 3 was showing on the benefits page in My VAC Account as well. I could not believe how quickly it had been processed.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 10 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Gunner8 Wed 16 Jan 2019, 07:45

Rubicon, December 12th you submitted it online? Or December 12th it went to step 3?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Wed 16 Jan 2019, 07:17

Excellent news Rubicon. All the best to you. I submitted my CIA and Supplement application on December 13. So I should expect to see a reply from VAC in the very near future. I was declared DEC in early December so I immediately applied for CIA and the Supplement. Here is hoping.,,

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 10 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance

Post by Rubicon Tue 15 Jan 2019, 22:58

My CIA application was submitted on 12 December and completed on 12 January with an award of Grade 3. 4 weeks to completion and over the Christmas/New Years holidays to boot. I couldn't be happier with the speed of this application process.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 09 Jan 2019, 09:24

glad it all work out for you all

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2019, 07:35

SIGS PIGS wrote:Hey Bruce,

Awesome Buddy,

I am waiting on the same thing and its been 4 weeks for me so that's encouraging. Once approved did they pay you right away and was it backdated.

thanks,

SIGS

SIGS I found out about the approval for a move to CIA 2 and the CIA supplement on January 4th. Benefits were backdated to November 27, 2018 the day I applied and deposited in my bank early this morning. That was pretty quick and comes in handy this time of year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2019, 03:34

coppers2002 wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
coppers2002 wrote:Curious.. did the first app for CIA after encouragement from case manager to submit. I never had one before and my wife does it all. We already have approved Caregiver, and I am at 103% disability with several conditions still pending which will exceed that amount. I do still work but was also approved for rehab. Thoughts on me getting approved for CIA?

Everyone's situation is different coppers, so I'm always leery to predict how it could workout. That being said, I hope you get approved.

However, if your case manager suggested you apply for CIA you have a good chance to be approved, because your CM, wouldn't give you false hope for financial assistance.

Thank you... just received notice it was completed in just under 7 weeks. Successful 1st app.

Good to hear coppers!

Back to top Go down

Post by coppers2002 Tue 08 Jan 2019, 21:57

Bruce72 wrote:
coppers2002 wrote:Curious.. did the first app for CIA after encouragement from case manager to submit. I never had one before and my wife does it all. We already have approved Caregiver, and I am at 103% disability with several conditions still pending which will exceed that amount. I do still work but was also approved for rehab. Thoughts on me getting approved for CIA?

Everyone's situation is different coppers, so I'm always leery to predict how it could workout. That being said, I hope you get approved.

However, if your case manager suggested you apply for CIA you have a good chance to be approved, because your CM, wouldn't give you false hope for financial assistance.

Thank you... just received notice it was completed in just under 7 weeks. Successful 1st app.

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 04 Jan 2019, 21:53

Thanks and understood, Bruce.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2019, 20:41

AirLog wrote:Congratulations Bruce. Always good to see applications approved and in your case 5 weeks for CIA. I have recently been approved DEC and as of today my VAC site shows Extended Earnings Loss. Nice feeling to see this. Once my DEC was approved I submitted a Re-Application for CIA and the Supplement. The Re-Application is registered in VAC on December 13, 2018. So based on your CIA application approval in 5 weeks, I should have a reply to my application by mid to end January 2019. Hoping for the best.

AirLog

It was a review of my current CIA level Airlog and the CIA supplement that was completed in 5 weeks. Just wanted to clarify.

Good luck with your applications.

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 04 Jan 2019, 19:06

Congratulations Bruce. Always good to see applications approved and in your case 5 weeks for CIA. I have recently been approved DEC and as of today my VAC site shows Extended Earnings Loss. Nice feeling to see this. Once my DEC was approved I submitted a Re-Application for CIA and the Supplement. The Re-Application is registered in VAC on December 13, 2018. So based on your CIA application approval in 5 weeks, I should have a reply to my application by mid to end January 2019. Hoping for the best.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:30

Rifleman wrote:Congrats Bruce take care

Thanks Rifleman. Take care too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:23

SIGS PIGS wrote:Hey Bruce,

Awesome Buddy,

I am waiting on the same thing and its been 4 weeks for me so that's encouraging. Once approved did they pay you right away and was it backdated.

thanks,

SIGS

Just got word today on My VAC Account SIGS. No paperwork yet, but new amounts show on My VAC Account for end month payout. I believe everything is backdated to date of application. My originally approved CIA application was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:20

Back to top Go down

Post by coppers2002 Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:09

Curious.. did the first app for CIA after encouragement from case manager to submit. I never had one before and my wife does it all. We already have approved Caregiver, and I am at 103% disability with several conditions still pending which will exceed that amount. I do still work but was also approved for rehab. Thoughts on me getting approved for CIA?

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 47 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28 ... 47  Next