Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 14 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 14 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by sports1977 Sun 26 Aug 2018, 19:39

Now is the CIA changing after April 2019... or will it be the same.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Aug 2018, 19:24

Teager wrote:Yes, it's back dated to date of application.
l assume that includes CIA upgrade applications?

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:10

This CIA/Supp/DEC is a perfect example of 'job creation for VAC'' - they make sure that spin keeps spinning. First you need.... CIA, then apply for DEC .... then apply for CIA supplement.
If they approve one for DEC then CIA/Supp should be automatic. Not with this insurance company.
You have to apply and wait for 25 weeks (according to them) at present time.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 26 Aug 2018, 09:32

Yes, it's back dated to date of application.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Sun 26 Aug 2018, 08:26

Just a quick question,

If you applied for CIA 6 Month ago and got approved would the 6 month be retro active.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 03 Aug 2018, 01:59

Artie,

You can mail in an application if you like! VAC may have many faults when it comes to their mismanagement of their site! But there is one thing that is positive is about My VAC Account and that is their upload feature! I uploaded all my applications via my account and I have never had any issues! This way it saves you a stamp and a trip to the post office.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 23:50

By the Bay wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
By the Bay wrote:Good Morning Sports1977,

The CIA SUPP does not have its own form. It is on the CIA application.
You just have to check off that you are applying for CIA SUPP as well!

Cheers,
By the Bay
how come when you apply for CIAS it doesn't appear on the mYVACACCOUNT with a step3,2,1,,,my CM said "its being processed" but where is the proof in that, or ELB applications, it seems they are just out there is space somewhere, with the vet who is struggling financially in the dark
about how close or far away he is in the decision process

Hi Artie,

I would not rely too much on My Account Application Statue page! VAC are very laxed when it comes to updating the progress of our applications. My VIP is still on Step 1 but I was already approved for this benefit months ago. My CIA  and CIAS was not documented in my account until after I was approved for both benefits.  VAC has no problem urging Veterans to sign up for their online services but they are having difficulties keeping their site up to date.  Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
By the Bay
so should l mail in an application

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 02 Aug 2018, 22:56

Artie Simm wrote:

Cheers,
By the Bay
how come when you apply for CIAS it doesn't appear on the mYVACACCOUNT with a step3,2,1,,,my CM said "its being processed" but where is the proof in that, or ELB applications, it seems they are just out there is space somewhere, with the vet who is struggling financially in the dark

Hi Artie,

I would not rely too much on My Account Application Statue page! VAC are very laxed when it comes to updating the progress of our applications. My VIP is still on Step 1 but I was already approved for this benefit months ago. My CIA  and CIAS was not documented in my account until after I was approved for both benefits.  VAC has no problem urging Veterans to sign up for their online services but they are having difficulties keeping their site up to date.  Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 02 Aug 2018, 22:37

sports1977 wrote:Darn,

I didnt check mark them because i was not DEC yet... So can i add that to the CIA once im DEC.

Hey Sports1977,

Just do what my friend did! Like you, he was not approved DEC until after he send in his CIA Application but he was able to request CIAS consideration by sending a message through My Account. He explained his situation and his request was sent to VAC HQ. When he was approved for CIA he was also approved for CIAS! I also know a guy at the Legion who had requested CIAS through his local office/ Case Manager.

You didn't miss the boat but you might want to start the process soon!

Cheers,
By the Bay

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 19:08

Cheers,
By the Bay

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 11:34

Darn,

I didnt check mark them because i was not DEC yet... So can i add that to the CIA once im DEC.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 02 Aug 2018, 10:21

Good Morning Sports1977,

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 09:06

Cant seem to find the Form for CIAS, i can see CIA but not seeing CIAS.

Would it be called something different online or is this something the CM applies for the veteran once they are DEC.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 01 Aug 2018, 21:44

No, they are eliminating the CIAS when PFL is enacted. But anyone getting it, will continue to get it. They should also honour any pending applications that are submitted before the cut off.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2018, 17:54

bigrex wrote:Sport.

The IRB will be the same amount as the current ELB. CIA is being replaced by the APSC, and they are adjusting the dollar amounts, to account for it being tax free, so instead of $599 for grade 3 CIA, before taxes, it's just going to be a flat $500 APSC and be tax free. . It could save you money, or it might actually cost you money, depending on your personal tax situation. If you are getting CIAS, you will continue to get it, but there will be no more new CIAS recipients after Apr 2019.

The major change between the ELB, and IRB, will be at age 65. So instead of ELB ending at age 65, and going on RISB, (which uses the total amount from ELB, CIA and CIAS to calculate the benefit) the IRB will merely be reduced by 30%. this could save severely disable veterans hundreds per month.  
sorry if l misunderstand you ,but are you saying that after 2019 vets cant put in for CIAS ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 47  Next