Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 14 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:58

I should mention that if you push VAC to far they can force you to communicate via My VAC Account or by mail. VAC has its own security services. I know because they contacted twice over the years and warned me about my behavior.

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 14 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:53

Artie nobody can flag your file to let you rot. There are tens of thousands of applications that need to be adjudicated. The few success stories you read online are great, but there are thousands of cases of vets waiting for answers. Most recently I waited 32 weeks for a reassessment to be adjudicated. Other times I have waited only 8 weeks for a claim to be processed.

As for the attitude you said you take with VAC staff, I'm sure you've heard you get more flies with honey over vinegar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:25

Bruce72 wrote:You don't need your case manager to apply for CIA, you can do that through My VAC Acccount. However the DEC request I think would have to go through your CM. I didn't request the DEC review, my case manager said she thought I may qualify.

Don't allow your CM to foul you up. They have to put forward your requests.
I already mentioned this in another post this morning  but I know I'm mentally fowled  up, and I've probably pushed vacs buttons with my tone,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 11:48

You don't need your case manager to apply for CIA, you can do that through My VAC Acccount. However the DEC request I think would have to go through your CM. I didn't request the DEC review, my case manager said she thought I may qualify.

Don't allow your CM to foul you up. They have to put forward your requests.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 11:30

Bruce72 wrote:Artie, I've been thinking about your situation. Your CM cannot deny or refrain from submitting an application for DEC on your behalf. He or she may try to persuade you of different, but that isn't the case. They have to put forward your requests. You will either qualify as DEC or you won't, it's as simple as that really.
the thing is, I don’t know about everyone else but I’ve never met my Cm,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 09:46

Artie, I've been thinking about your situation. Your CM cannot deny or refrain from submitting an application for DEC on your behalf. He or she may try to persuade you of different, but that isn't the case. They have to put forward your requests. You will either qualify as DEC or you won't, it's as simple as that really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 14:28

SIGS PIGS wrote:good morning Bruce 72,

Congrats on being approved DEC, what about CIAS and is it back dated to the date you applied for DEC. Going forward what happens after you are approved DEC,

thanks,

SIGS PIGS

I submitted my application today for CIAS as far as I know it'll be backdated to today.

In two years there is a reassessment. For now I will continue seeing my psychologist, but that's my choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 14:24

Artie Simm wrote:
AirLog wrote:Congratulations Bruce71 on being declared DEC. My CM is bringing forward my file for DEC consideration. VAC has received my medical questionnaire for employability (VAC 671) submitted by my family physician. Just a question of waiting until my file is reviewed and decision rendered.

For you DEC consideration how long did it take for a decision? From the time you doctor submitted the VAC 671 form? Did you receive the decision in your VAC account or by mail?

AirLog
if you disabilities add up past 100% does your application for DEC HAVE to go through your CM, what if your CM will not submit the recommendation because the 2 of you keep butting heads.? I guess it’s easy to say “ request a different CM”, but I hear there is a 6 month wait list for one of those as well...

I'm not sure Artie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 14:22

AirLog wrote:Hi Bruce72,

My doctor was very supportive of my medical questionnaire. I left him a list of "suggested" comments if he agrees to include them. He indicated to me that he was very supportive of my situation. He has been from the beginning of my medical ordeal (cancer). I am over 100% with multiple consequential medial issues keeping me from working. Private insurance, LTD from Great-West Life, has deemed me both medically and functionally unable to work. It has been this way with them for over two years. Just trying to determine how long it will take for a DEC review and decision.

For By the Bay and Bigrex, as always your input is greatly appreciated.

AirLog

It's impossible to say how long the process can take. Everyone's situation is different and with the system backed up to boot.

Good luck with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 27 Nov 2018, 13:49

Hi Bruce72,

My doctor was very supportive of my medical questionnaire. I left him a list of "suggested" comments if he agrees to include them. He indicated to me that he was very supportive of my situation. He has been from the beginning of my medical ordeal (cancer). I am over 100% with multiple consequential medial issues keeping me from working. Private insurance, LTD from Great-West Life, has deemed me both medically and functionally unable to work. It has been this way with them for over two years. Just trying to determine how long it will take for a DEC review and decision.

For By the Bay and Bigrex, as always your input is greatly appreciated.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:53

45jim wrote:Bruce 72, was your family doctor supportive in annotating "he can no longer work" on your VAC 671?  I have heard that doctors are under pressure from insurance companies and Worker Comp to avoid that type of terminology. And, I understand that's the exact terminology demanded by VAC to get the DEC determination. It seems such a subjective phrase that is open to personal interpretation by each doctor especially when dealing with musculoskeletal or medical conditions that aren't visibly apparent. PTSD is an entirely different situation as I understand the VAC 671 can be signed by your psychologist.

I can't imagine how previous generations got TPI or PIA (or whatever the PA called those benefits) when they had to see VAC employed doctors who never see you year in, year out but get to make a snap diagnosis on your conditions.

"was your family doctor supportive in annotating "he can no longer work" on your VAC 671" My family doctor never entered the picture. My psychologist filled out the required info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:51

AirLog wrote:Congratulations Bruce71 on being declared DEC. My CM is bringing forward my file for DEC consideration. VAC has received my medical questionnaire for employability (VAC 671) submitted by my family physician. Just a question of waiting until my file is reviewed and decision rendered.

For you DEC consideration how long did it take for a decision? From the time you doctor submitted the VAC 671 form? Did you receive the decision in your VAC account or by mail?

AirLog

Thanks AirLog. It really is a double edged sword so to speak. My psychologist submitted any required info and we discussed it at length before he sent off my medical info to VAC. I can't say for certain where in the 8 week time frame he sent in my info. I imagine it was near the beginning of the process.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 14 Empty DEC

Post by 45jim Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:13

Bruce 72, was your family doctor supportive in annotating "he can no longer work" on your VAC 671? I have heard that doctors are under pressure from insurance companies and Worker Comp to avoid that type of terminology. And, I understand that's the exact terminology demanded by VAC to get the DEC determination. It seems such a subjective phrase that is open to personal interpretation by each doctor especially when dealing with musculoskeletal or medical conditions that aren't visibly apparent. PTSD is an entirely different situation as I understand the VAC 671 can be signed by your psychologist.

I can't imagine how previous generations got TPI or PIA (or whatever the PA called those benefits) when they had to see VAC employed doctors who never see you year in, year out but get to make a snap diagnosis on your conditions.

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:10

For Bruce72, By the Bay or BigRex,

As per my reply to Bruce72 do any of you have any input?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:29

AirLog
I guess it’s easy to say “ request a different CM”, but I hear there is a 6 month wait list for one of those as well...

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next