Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 15 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by AirLog Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:13

Congratulations Bruce71 on being declared DEC. My CM is bringing forward my file for DEC consideration. VAC has received my medical questionnaire for employability (VAC 671) submitted by my family physician. Just a question of waiting until my file is reviewed and decision rendered.

For you DEC consideration how long did it take for a decision? From the time you doctor submitted the VAC 671 form? Did you receive the decision in your VAC account or by mail?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 15 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by SIGS PIGS Tue 27 Nov 2018, 10:30

good morning Bruce 72,

Congrats on being approved DEC, what about CIAS and is it back dated to the date you applied for DEC. Going forward what happens after you are approved DEC,

thanks,

SIGS PIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 09:47

I was declared (if that is the right word) DEC today. It was 8 weeks from the time my case manager suggested putting in the request to the time I received word about the decision.

If anyone has questions about the process feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 29 Apr 2018, 21:08

You can just ask VAC on the phone or through My VAC account. I believe they send you some questions that you have to answer first. Here is a good explanation of how it works and the issues that have happened.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=115983.0

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2018, 20:03

well that`s the first time I ever heard that term. How do you get a claim redzoned if you do not apply through the Legion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 28 Apr 2018, 22:29

Artie Simm notice he said redzoned application which means urgent and a decision comes within weeks instead of a year plus. If your situation is dire like you might lose your house you can ask VAC to redzoned your claims and applications.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2018, 21:00

wow, that is fast. I hear the Legion and VAC are in each others pockets. Maybe the Legion cut a deal with VAC saying " fast track and claims we submit so word will get out that the Legion has a soldiers best interest at heart" - their membership is dwindling because it`s run by civies and real vets don't feel welcome. If vets feel they`ll get a faster answer from VAC by joining the Legion, they`ll sign up in droves.

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 15 Empty DEC

Post by totransit Sat 28 Apr 2018, 13:37

New to the Forum,

I have PTSD,  MDD, Anxiety,  Personality disorders. I had my application submitted by the legion and a service officer had it redszone two weeks ago.  Within a week it was completed and approved. I put in application last week for the rehab program and it was approved along with elb because of my conditions listed above.  I got a call from a case manager yesterday to meet up next Friday at my house,  everything is moving really really fast, maybe too fast. A little about me, I left the Military 19 years on a voluntary release because of the way they treated you while injured.  My question is can you be deemed (DEC) for above conditions and do have to do any psychological test or can the psychologist recommend to vac that you should be deemed (DEC). I also have disability awards for my hip, knee, ankle, lower back and sciatica all on the right side but i never did any rehab program for these injuries.  thanks

totransit
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 05 Mar 2018, 13:00

IRB = Income Replacement Benefit

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 09:44

IRB?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 04 Mar 2018, 21:29

Technically you can be deemed DEC, if you are extremely limited in how many hours you can work, and unable to earn I believe it's 66.6% of your military pay, But it's really hard to say. .Also, with the new IRB, which will supposedly allow you to earn up to $20000/year from employment, without any deductions, t doesn't discourage severely disabled Veterans, from trying to find a part time job. That is at least, as long as the legislation isn't written so that the money can only be earned by those who are only getting short term IRB, and have not been deemed DEC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 20:03

My original question lost in the shuffle is can you be decalaired DEC ( i.e. receive the benefit ) and still hold down a job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 21:11

Psychologist can get approval from VAC for more sessions. It is Blue Cross who covers the initial ones that are being billled for. VAC covers when your Blue Cross ones are used up. I was approved for VAC for an extra 12 sessions and when I attended a session funded by VAC I had to sign the form for psychologist to submit.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 26 Feb 2018, 21:04

Hi Artie,

Yes you can have your Psychologist fill out your DEC forms.
My CM sent my DEC forms directly to my Psychologist and my DEC was complete within 4 weeks with no problems.
I have been seening same Psychologist for years and she filled out all my paperwork such as SISIP LTD, CPPD, DTC, CIA, DEC, etc. I have never had any issues using the same person.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 26 Feb 2018, 19:45

The psychologist should have written a report to your CM. detailing if there is a need for further appointments, or at least that was what happened in my case. As far as DEC for mental health is concerned, I'm not sure if VAC would need the recommendation from a psychiatrist, or if a psychologist would suffice. All you can do is request the DEC determination, and VAC will tell you what they need.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next