Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 16 Empty Can a psychologist recommend DEC?

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 18:16

I apologize if this has been covered but I cant stay focused enough to read all that has gone on before.
I was seeing a Psychologist but my # of appointments ran out ( which I think is FCKed that VAC assigns a limited # of visits, if you`re getting help, shouldn`t it be indefinitely?)...anyway, the psychologist did an assessment for taxation Canada i.e. disability claim.
Can that same psychologist fill out the paper work for me to apply for DEC? I see a lot of people here stating that there family doctor filled out forms for them but I don`t have a family Dr. and I cant see me walking into a clinic.
I haven`t heard from "my" CM in a year, not even messages on my machine to call if I need anything, is that the standard? anyway,
main question who has authority to recommend DEC? dr only, psychologist as well

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 16 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by SaintJohn18182 Sun 18 Feb 2018, 11:26

johnny211 wrote:Ref DEC 2 yr Reassessment- Nothing with VAC policy seems to be cut and dry. I am 2 1/2 yrs out fm TPI. My pscy wanted to do a reassessment in order to help my DTC appeal. So I called VAC too see if they would cover his cost, as I knew I was over there 2 yr mark, and assumed they would want it done anyway.
 The next day I get a call fm VAC rep. She said since you are 100 percent,  we do not require a DEC reassessment. That was a load off, and fine with me. So I quess it all depends on individual cases, and maybe if one is not at 100 percent, they will require a reassessment.
  Johnny Out..VVV..

I've just got my psychologist to send in the paperwork for DEC case worker says she'll call me in the next couple of weeks with an answer, I doubt it'll be approved... its probably not exactly written the way 'vac' wants to hear. Psychologist didn't put down that I can't work indefinitely, but worded it like it would take many, many years before I can even consider vocational training and thats if I even get better. I guess that'll screw me over.

I'm already trying to figure out my appeal, find a new psychologist or something.. what a rough ride this will be.

FUN FUN FUN FUN!! Fuck sakes.

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 16 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by johnny211 Fri 21 Jul 2017, 18:44

Ref DEC 2 yr Reassessment- Nothing with VAC policy seems to be cut and dry. I am 2 1/2 yrs out fm TPI. My pscy wanted to do a reassessment in order to help my DTC appeal. So I called VAC too see if they would cover his cost, as I knew I was over there 2 yr mark, and assumed they would want it done anyway.
The next day I get a call fm VAC rep. She said since you are 100 percent, we do not require a DEC reassessment. That was a load off, and fine with me. So I quess it all depends on individual cases, and maybe if one is not at 100 percent, they will require a reassessment.
Johnny Out..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 16 Jul 2017, 11:35

Thanks. In the end it wasn't even a fight, I actually beat vac in one battle. Now if only that carried through on every other fight I have coming up.

And thanks to all the help this site has given me.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 14 Jul 2017, 18:15

You got the supp! Happy for you Rusty !
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 14 Jul 2017, 18:14

Rusty, I would request an appeal of the CIA decision, based on the new criteria.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Fri 14 Jul 2017, 13:43

At least if your dec you get the suppliment. They need to sort the CIA levels, but they like their chaos.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:50

Ffs the policy is so grey.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:49

My dec is all finished. I get the supplement but my CIA stays at level 3. I had 8 years served and was 3b'd under the nvc. I'm also permanently disabled. Just an FYI for people in regards to the CIA scaling with the time served etc

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 05 Jul 2017, 22:10

Artie ... "how is it going?" no pun on your cm's quote.

But hey, feel free to pm me if I might be able to help ya.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 04 Jul 2017, 22:00

Amen. I'm on my third CM and this forum has helped me much more than any CM I've had.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 21:24

pinger wrote:Artie,  bear with me as my memory is shot. Don't recall where you are in VaC's stuff.
But there is a very logical and methodical approach to their shyte.

Sincerely no offence, but imo you may be tap dancing around VaC's alphabets of benefits.
Someone could ask questions forever, but eventually they have to actually DO something.

Years back, my best cm was Johnny Walker Red (not recommended). What helped better was support of really tight people, in person, that gave my approach to VaC a reality check.

VaC cm's, BPA's, Legion service officers may be a crap shoot, but don't discount them either.
I`ve had 2 CM`s in 12 years, I saw one only once, the other twice, they never tell me about any of these programs, they just call every few months and say "how is it going?" I`m only learning about all these benefit opportunities through this site.

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 04 Jul 2017, 21:11

It's Actually Not the Case Manager who approves you to be DEC.

What will happen the CM will gather information be it from Family Dr. Pyscologist, Etc Etc.

Then the Case manager will place it on the Schedule to be reviewed by the VAC"s Office Interdisciplinary group meeting
your CM will like the BPA, present your case like I have John Doe, his condition(s) are as followed, we have tried, this this this, and this, and have failed and it still will not bring my client John Doe up to suitably gainfully employment, to make 662/3rd of there pre-release (adjusted) salary,therefore I am looking at Moving John Doe to the DEC.

then the team of VAC nurses, Doctors, supervisors or whoever is part of this interdisciplinary team, review it and either, agree to make you DEC or not.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 04 Jul 2017, 20:28

Artie,  bear with me as my memory is shot. Don't recall where you are in VaC's stuff.
But there is a very logical and methodical approach to their shyte.

Sincerely no offence, but imo you may be tap dancing around VaC's alphabets of benefits.
Someone could ask questions forever, but eventually they have to actually DO something.

Years back, my best cm was Johnny Walker Red (not recommended). What helped better was support of really tight people, in person, that gave my approach to VaC a reality check.

VaC cm's, BPA's, Legion service officers may be a crap shoot, but don't discount them either.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 16:44

can a vet`s own personal CM be reached through the MyVAC account?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next