Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 30 of 61 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 30 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 18:02

spedhill,

Happy to hear you got your COLA, money is money $284.00 is more money in your pocket - plus the fact that it's done and over with.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, as I am sure many here are anxiously waiting for exactly that type of info.

Rex,

Good job in the calculations.

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 30 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 17:16

Just got a letter in the Mail from MC. I was a 24 month guy. Rex's calculations are pretty bang on. I got 315.33 after tax and legal fees(27.40 to MC) I came out with 284.49. Beer money like I figured

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 15:18

Well I know some from this site have stated they contacted Mr. Parent one - on one, and they claim his response was quick, and efficient.

This guy is on the ball, he truly is, if there is a way for him to help a Veteran, he will do everything in his power to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:44

Actually Rex the OVO will get involved in a single case's if it effects the quality of life of a vet.

They keep track of the problems to see if it is a systemic issue.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:39

1. The OVO should get in contact with you, and discuss your complaint, and then if they feel that the problem is systematic, and they have had similar complaints from other Vets, then they will conduct their investigation. The problem with the guidelines that the OVO must abide by, is that he is not allowed to intervene with individual cases. He is only allowed to look into issues that affect a broad spectrum of VAC clients, such as the recent report about extended wait times to access mental health benefits. If only one Veteran complained, that report would never have happened. So, even if you were being personally harassed by VAC staff, the OVO couldn't do anything about it, unless you were just one of many being harassed in a similar fashion.

2. I wish you the best of luck. The outcome would depend on the reason for the denial. If VRAB says that you didn't suffer an accident, because it wasn't documented, (or in my case, where the accident report was lost), a letter from a supervisor could be very beneficial.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:55

I was making around $36,000 a year as an AB (so I shouldn't expect much of a cola adjustment).
Sure! I will do coffee bigrex, I am sure we have crossed paths in the past. I have other questions maybe you can answer.
I have submitted a complaint to the ombudsman office (now what)
and I am submitting new evidence to VRAB ( I had a PO2 write a statement in regards to an accident I had in a RHIB).
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:00

DannyPaj. I will try to alleviate some of the confusion. The COLA, will only be calculated at 2% maximum, once or twice, depending on the dates of your release. Example, if you were released in June, there would be the 18 months of an adjusted COLA due to you. You said that your SISIP gross pay was $1895, so the COLA was wrongfully calculated on that amount, and not on the amount before deductions from other sources. So if your 75% mark was actually $2500 (don't have access to historical pay rates anymore), the COLA should have been calculated on that amount.

Here is a quick chart (using a release date of June 01, and a 75% amount of $2500
Dates of pay June-Dec Jan-Dec Jan - May 30
Actual SISIP w/COLA $1895 $1932 $1971
Recalc amounts $1895 $1945 $1996

The adjustment would be $306 - 26% (court order) for $226 + interest. Once the interest is added on, you have to subtract 15% for taxes, and roughly 9% for legal fees and disbursements.

Obviously the numbers would be different, based on each persons actual wages, but it gives you a starting point. If you need anything else explained, feel free to ask, and I am in Lower Sackville, so if you would rather it explained face to face, I do not object to meeting up to help out another Sailor.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 16 Feb 2015, 09:16

I received a couple of letters in the mail about the class action. I did some research and it lead me to this site.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 16 Feb 2015, 09:12

Okay, so poor communication and being unaware of what was occurring at the time; and having the wool pulled over my eyes by superiors and being medically released from the service was not my attentions at all.  Navigating through the department of veterans affairs from the age of twenty-five until now thirty-eight and still having no real clear answers (hopefully I can receive some here).
I am a military brat (not a troll), unfortunately born into the Canadian forces as a dependant.  Joined in 1997 and medically released 2003.  Ya!..............nightmare since then.  I was released as an able seaman.  Ya.................never had a chance to progress through the ranks..................I read what is happening in the news and being a dual (old pension and nvc), that it will be sorted out.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 16 Feb 2015, 08:55

Understood! Not a troll, just mislead. Keep you posted on only facts!.............................Thanks for your feedback!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 08:51

Dannypaj, your SISIP seems to have been cancelled for 2 reasons firstly you appeared through your post to have gained employment, that in itself is considered ernable income therefore SISIP would cut you off for the sole reason you can be retrained to be employed. Second if you did not follow up with SISIP then they cut you off due to not keeping an open dialog (2003 would insinuate that your old Charter 901102).
Having said that Dannypaj if you are not currently working and have been assessed as  "Disabled" by Veterans Affairs and are receiving EIA (non taxable Exceptionally Incapacitated Allowance, requirement of a minimum 98% VAC Pension) and you have proof of this then SISIP would half to automatically have to look at that date and reinstate you to your LTD so that your income is at 40,000 a year NVC mandate.
I like you was released in 2003 and received nothing until our LTD was reinstated in 2013. I am EIA awarded and and received paper work from VAC stating that I qualified TPI but would not receive a monthly entitlement due to making to much from other sources: i.e. SISIP LTD, CPPD (which I obtained after the 2013 court hearing and of course my CFSP. So I think I am missing something in your question.
1. Did you apply to be or are you a Class Action Member?

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 08:36

Dannypaj and all others as it may seem a tad redundant and for that i am truly sorry however troops lets face the facts,
1. I or not even my accountant (I actually have one) cannot, refuse and are not trained to decipher these calculations therefore any such attempt will in all likelihood lead to:
A. Incorrect "guestamation" therefore requiring a medic to unscrew your arses from your head
B. A feeling of WTF, again causing two medics, one for the arse and brain the other for your feet planted in your mouth, you are getting the picture.
2. If you do not see a post such as the earlier two posted by myself and Recon then politely respond with a "COOL" "CONGRATS" "WAY TO GO" "AWESOME" and let it be at that.
3. August can'y come soon enough for me troops as this whole god awful stinking misguided treatment of veterans from MC/SISIP will move onto the next chapter.
Finally if I may lets answer the questions with facts and still try to maintain a sense of dignity within this community, it does not get any easier than that. All trolls welcome because as I see it either you have info that is factual or you have an opinion either way share it we know who you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 08:01

Dannypaj,

I agree - lack of information for this COLA payout is indeed sad.
We do the best we can to share what we know from those who have already received theirs.

I'm sure there's some on here who are in a similar situation then yours, this is a great place for sharing info.

Welcome aboard, just a friendly reminder about the language allowed to be used here, it is not allowed in these threads, the only place it is allowed is either in the therapy corner - or in Bumpsy's Rants.

Again no big deal - since your new here just a friendly reminder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 07:12

Jesus Reccon why do you get sucked into this crap, you found the slug dealt with it now pick up the spent casing and move on soldier, at the double. You and I faced much worse odds a long time ago, trolls are people that like to agitate but knowing what we know is something we have developed, so what if others need to wield that blade of discontent within CSAt, our regulars know one when they see one. Leave it be and lets just do what we do, SHARE REAL FACTS WITH PROOF WHEN WE RECEIVE IT" case closed. OVER BUT NEVER OUT, AIRBORNE and PRO PATRIA you dirty LEGS lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 16 Feb 2015, 06:39

I am new on this forum.  I was reading what was written about the cola and what a fiscal F**K,  (pretty sad that we are not getting information that could ease a lot of speculation). Anyway, I was medically released in 2003 and received sisip coverage for two years.  It was then cancelled, because I was working as a Commissionaire, (great job if retired and pensioned out).  
So, I figure my SISIP amount take home was roughly $1895.00 (from what I can remember), so WOULD I calculate the cost of living at 5% that should of been included in the $1895.00.  I should of been making $90 to $94 dollars a month more.  So then I take the $94*12months*2 years  and I should receive a cheque for  $2160.00 maybe way less IDK for sure.
 I am also appealing why my sisip was cancelled after two years.  Like I said above,  I was medically released early in my career, handed over to sisip and retrained, sent out in the real world (injured physically and physiologically),  and wished the best of luck.  Well! it has not been like that at all.  I  worked as commissionaire for minimum wage for 9 years, while waiting and applying and appealing and getting frustrated with the system and believe it or not  DVA actually  placed me back into the rehab program (currently in).   I  am working  towards retiring in the future with my dignity intact.  Since I was diagnosed with this disability; it has been turmoil, but I still hope it will work it self out.
Anyone else in the same boat?   
Soldier on!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 61 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45 ... 61  Next