Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

+8
1sea0shell33
Panserbjørn
Vet1234
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
12 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 10 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 18:43

tell ya this if SISIP does not follow suit, LAW SUIT NUMBER 2

Back to top Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 10 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 18:10

firebird yes among others .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 24 Aug 2016, 17:36

1993firebird wrote:It does help me because  I will get 15% ELB starting in October along with my LTD.

Is this automatic or do we need to contact DVA to make this happen. We are in the same scenario as you with regards to LTD from Sisip and being taken off ELB.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:58

Yes like being dropped LTD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:45

yes firebird it will help IF SISIP doesn't change theirs at the same time . if they do its still good to have for many other reasons .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:41

If I was on SISIP, I wouldn't care if SISIP paid out the 75%, and ELB paid out the remaining 15%, as long as I got what I was entitled to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:10

It does help me because I will get 15% ELB starting in October along with my LTD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:09

SISIP refuse to play along.
1. In 2011, Bill C-55 raised the minimum for ELB to a Corporal, SISIP refused to comply for some time until VAC agreed to pay the difference, I believe;
2. Last year, SISIP said they would not go along with ELB's fix for Res F vets. VAC's ELB said that Res F & REg F get the same: 1 vet, 1 std. Not SISIP. They compromised by giving us both, not me tho.
3. This year, ELB goes to 90%, don't hold your breath about us getting the 20% (15/75 =20%) increase. I bet they will give us ELB to add to SISIP to get to 90%.

On the Canadian Veterans Advocacy (CVA) FB group, there is a consensus that SISIP will refuse to comply with this announcement.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 14:46

ya veteran zz although this is in his wheelhouse he would be only the second best shot at getting an answer . your best would be the MND if ya can get one at all .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 14:41

ya trooper I get the whole SISIP thing . thing is the GOC can announce ANY changes they wish to make in the future at ANY time they wish weather it be the SISIP issue or any other .as of today I aint heard JACK from them . ya I think they will but well lets just say with these guys I may have some TRUST issues .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 14:34

ya firebird exactly . having ELB may not help you in this instance , unless of cores the GOC decides to frack over vets ta save a buck , but it does lower your stress over this somewhat witch is kind of a little help in itself .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 14:28

Our MVA is the Associate Minister of National Defence, but regarding SISIP and the info on the 15% increase to SISIP, numerous questions have been asked to our MVA concerning this with no response by him. Previous announcements concerning SISIP changes have come from the Minister of National Defence.

Veteranzz it's difficult to get answers when our Minister repeats the same thing over and over again without answering the questions asked to him. Welcome to the political circus of trying to get answers. It's one of those things where we need to come together and read between the lines to try and get the answers were looking for. As it stands now our Minister has been given a mandate by the PM to complete by the Liberals end term, see "List of Promises made to Veterans" in the "MVA Kent Hehr" category. Our MVA has passed this mandate down to the bureaucrats to fulfill, in the meantime he has chosen to do the photo op thing because in the eyes of the PM, as long as the mandate is completed before end term, our MVA is doing his job, note that what's in the mandate may not be implemented the way Veterans want it to be, but in the end, as long as it's complete, it's all good for our MVA and the PM.

The SISIP 15% increase was not a part of the mandate given to our Minister, therefore it is unlikely that our MVA will comment on what is the responsibility of the Minister of National Defence. JMO

Like I said before, I have the confidence to say that SISIP will follow suit on the ELB 15% increase, we just need a bit of patience to allow them to make the announcement. Again, JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 13:38

I found his, Kent Hehr, email address if anyone else wishes to ask for a quick comment regarding this matter

minister_ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 13:35

Does CSAT have high level contacts? Maybe we could used one of these to get a comment from Kent Hehr?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 13:26

Although SISIP mirrors the ELB, SISIP has their own timeline with respect to changes reflecting changes made to the ELB.
From what I can gather, SISIP waits until the ELB has been implemented and acted on before releasing their change. Why is this? I have no clue but I'm sure they have their own reasons for this. One more point concerning contacting SISIP on this, SISIP will not comment on something that has yet to be officially announced by the heads of their department.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next