Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 11 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by bigrex Fri 22 Dec 2017, 16:53

Brook, I understand that you want to stay optimistic,it's hard to ignore the fact that monthly pain and suffering benefits for mild and moderately disabled Veterans, the PA is 3x or more, than this new monthly pension, even without any deductions for previous lump sum awards paid out. They will not qualify for the APSC, which is the lions share of the max $2600 that the MVA quoted. That is not something I can be positive about, even though I'm above that arbitrary 78% mark.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 16:53

Decide to withdrawn my personal opinion on an individual. This isnt the place for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 22 Dec 2017, 15:06

Iceman wrote:There is all this talk about the 12%, BUT they are saying there is still parity for everyone. i disagree totally for the 88% of the rest of us.

I am one of those 88%. I have 43% in DA and 5% in PA. for a total % of 48% (which according to a previous post actually qualifies me as medium disabled)

I don't receive any other benefits, as I am currently employed.
PTSD kicks me in the a$$ almost daily, but I just soldier on until i get home and hide. what about when the time comes when i can no longer work...

now, for the calcs, and i hope my math is correct this time. That 5% in PA gives me 205.00 / month (married, 2 kids)

5% is 1/10 of 50%, so if i was fully PA at 50% i would get 2050.00

if Everything was in parity i would get 2,050.00 (205 from PA, and 1845 from DA)

BUT according to the report, i would only get 45% of 1150 or 517.50
Added to my 205, i would receive 722.50 / month

based on my math skills 2050 does not look like it equals 722.50.

now, that is also not taking into account the fact that I  received the DA award already, so the 517.50 would actually be i think ~71.00 (i did the full math last night, as there were a few different payments), so my lifetime pension after adjustment April 1, 2019 would be 276.00 / month (not the 2050 it would have been if there never was an NVC)

When you can no longer work or you've had enough.. apply for the Rehab program.

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 11 Empty Lifetime Pension

Post by Bigbrook Fri 22 Dec 2017, 14:58

I see some good improvements in this new " pension for life " plan for most vets and would suggest we focus our energy towards having the implementation date move up to April 2018 from the April 2019 date as is the government's current plan. When that dust settles and we see how the new "pension for life" actually changed the benefits for vets ,we then consider the next step as the good and the bad points of the new plan will be out in the open. At this point, too many of us want to continue to fight and put the new system down when the true results of this new pension plan are not fully known. There are some very interesting examples presented in the documents which explain the plan and depending on your circumstances some are very good. So I suggest we accept the plan as there is little chance to change it anyway and protest the current implementation date as the first step.

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 13:11

Well everyone this is based off an insurance format, and why wouldn't it remember that sisip lawyer vac hired. They spend billions of dollars to keep us from getting what's rightfully owed. If they just paid veteran's it would be a small percentage of what the vac machine eats up fighting us, where is the sense in that?

What the hell good is sisip now for serving member's?
They might as well fight the fact they have to pay anything for something so useless and seek out and purchase their own insurance that will pay them tax free till 65 year's old.

Any serving member's on this site???

It is a fact that the goc ìs giving money intended for veterans to everyone but veteran's all the while their living in the lap of luxury not a care in the world!!!
Hell even Russian spies get to root around in the pmo's office and his desk but anything to do with veteran's is secured in fort Knox so the public can't see the scam...

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 22 Dec 2017, 11:18

There is all this talk about the 12%, BUT they are saying there is still parity for everyone. i disagree totally for the 88% of the rest of us.

I am one of those 88%. I have 43% in DA and 5% in PA. for a total % of 48% (which according to a previous post actually qualifies me as medium disabled)

I don't receive any other benefits, as I am currently employed.
PTSD kicks me in the a$$ almost daily, but I just soldier on until i get home and hide. what about when the time comes when i can no longer work...

now, for the calcs, and i hope my math is correct this time. That 5% in PA gives me 205.00 / month (married, 2 kids)

5% is 1/10 of 50%, so if i was fully PA at 50% i would get 2050.00

if Everything was in parity i would get 2,050.00 (205 from PA, and 1845 from DA)

BUT according to the report, i would only get 45% of 1150 or 517.50
Added to my 205, i would receive 722.50 / month

based on my math skills 2050 does not look like it equals 722.50.

now, that is also not taking into account the fact that I  received the DA award already, so the 517.50 would actually be i think ~71.00 (i did the full math last night, as there were a few different payments), so my lifetime pension after adjustment April 1, 2019 would be 276.00 / month (not the 2050 it would have been if there never was an NVC)

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:24

This is what the vac machine does to us don't let them win and don't give up. Take a break if need be but don't give up. Everyone is right all veterans organizations need to suck it up and become one egotistical selfish bastards need to put veterans first. Contact everyone of them everyday in the NEW YEAR and call them out and hold them to account...

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:11

SaintJohn18182 wrote:
Supremedebater wrote:You know what I find ridiculously funny? People on Facebook, or anyone on social media for that matter. People post pictures of themselves on Facebook, leave they’re profile open for any Tom dick or Harry to see, then they go and chime in on veterans affairs Facebook....guys even saying they’re 100% and over for being disabled yet have a motorcycle and them sitting on it. Seriously How are veterans going to be taken serious when people chirp they’re governement for Benefits and considered disabled but can ride a bloody motorcycle. I’m sorry but anyone that thinks they’re disabled and pulling the wool over eyes of the goc, your mistakenly stupid. Maybe when veterans actually look disabled or injured maybe the goc will take notice and care because if I was at Vac I would laugh at most veterans just by creeping they’re facebook accounts, Twitter and other social media. And don’t say to me “oh people can have ptsd and you can’t see those wounds. If your over 100% disabled your not that percentage just from ptsd. Maybe once people start handling themselves accordingly and stop being stupid, then the goc will care and take notice. Too many scammers and I hope anyone that is scamming, gets called out! Sick of seeing idiots out there crying about money and benefits when they’re hopping on they’re motorcycles and posting pics bragging. Idiots. People of Canada need to get smarter.

Do you even understand how mental illnesses work?

No I don’t, please explain to me, educate me with regards to “understanding mental illness”.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:07

Wildthing wrote:That's why I deleated my message I want veterans to defend themselves. For those who don't know supreme he's frustrated and hurting like everyone else.
He is also very intelligent and suffering severe ptsd. Just having a bad day we all do!
Way to fight back vet's that's the attitude needed and injuries deserve compensation no matter what percentage!!!
When your feeling up to it supreme any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Thanks Wildthing,

I’ve fought since 2004 for veterans, I represented veterans at review as well as appeal levels. I’ve been educated as well. I’m a veteran, I’m a veteran who is tired of seeing other Veternas stepped on. But forget it, because for some reason all our brothers and sisters fight as a team when in uniform, but we all can’t form as one and fight these bastards on they’re level. Anyway it was nice to see I could get some people’s blood boiling. I’m not against a any of you guys, each and every veteran I hear of dying takes a piece of me each time. By the way, people stop leaving your Facebook open for others to see, people do get creeped by Vac employees. Trust me on that, and we both know people are judgmental.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Fri 22 Dec 2017, 09:50

ScottyG

Here are the definitions of VAC’s seriously and medium disabled.

Seriously disabled
Seriously disabled, in relation to a client, means that the client's extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of the client's disability assessments under the Pension Act and the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act, is equal to or greater than 78%. (Only clients with at least a portion of their disability related to service in WWI, WWII, or the Korean War may be eligible for benefits as seriously disabled).

Medium disabled
Medium disabled is the term used to describe those veteran pensioners or civilian pensioners whose extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of their disability assessments under the Pension Act and the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act is equal to or greater than 48%, but less than 78%.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/definitions/992

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 09:40

That's why I deleated my message I want veterans to defend themselves. For those who don't know supreme he's frustrated and hurting like everyone else.
He is also very intelligent and suffering severe ptsd. Just having a bad day we all do!
Way to fight back vet's that's the attitude needed and injuries deserve compensation no matter what percentage!!!
When your feeling up to it supreme any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 09:17

Supremedebater wrote:No one plays as a team, what really do you expect when keyboard warriors come on, chirp, then do nothing about things. Everyone will get what they deserve really. Until you fight as a team, expect a bashing from the government, plain and simple.

The only thing u got right or I agree with is a team effort. I have said before the CDS Army, All Veterans, and the Legion need to get on the same page in order to launch an effective response to the government half cocked plan of destruction on the future veteran community.

“Super you sound like an old angry fuck head.” Your the pinnacle of team work.

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 22 Dec 2017, 08:10

Supremedebater wrote:You know what I find ridiculously funny? People on Facebook, or anyone on social media for that matter. People post pictures of themselves on Facebook, leave they’re profile open for any Tom dick or Harry to see, then they go and chime in on veterans affairs Facebook....guys even saying they’re 100% and over for being disabled yet have a motorcycle and them sitting on it. Seriously How are veterans going to be taken serious when people chirp they’re governement for Benefits and considered disabled but can ride a bloody motorcycle. I’m sorry but anyone that thinks they’re disabled and pulling the wool over eyes of the goc, your mistakenly stupid. Maybe when veterans actually look disabled or injured maybe the goc will take notice and care because if I was at Vac I would laugh at most veterans just by creeping they’re facebook accounts, Twitter and other social media. And don’t say to me “oh people can have ptsd and you can’t see those wounds. If your over 100% disabled your not that percentage just from ptsd. Maybe once people start handling themselves accordingly and stop being stupid, then the goc will care and take notice. Too many scammers and I hope anyone that is scamming, gets called out! Sick of seeing idiots out there crying about money and benefits when they’re hopping on they’re motorcycles and posting pics bragging. Idiots. People of Canada need to get smarter.

Do you even understand how mental illnesses work?

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 22 Dec 2017, 08:00

Supremedebater wrote:No one plays as a team, what really do you expect when keyboard warriors come on, chirp, then do nothing about things. Everyone will get what they deserve really. Until you fight as a team, expect a bashing from the government, plain and simple.

a keyboard warrior calling out keyboard warriors. haha!
I have good and bad days. Im not gonna give up on things i enjoy because a troll says you're not allowed to have a motorcycle or try to find joy when you have a disability. Some days I feel like a million bucks! then there are months when i disappear and dont leave the house and avoid everyone. Naivety is the critic that calls the painting a "house" because they cant see the landscape that fills the rest of the canvas.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 07:50

They talk about severely disabled veterans, the 12% of veterans that this new lifelong pension will benefit the most. Can you tell me who/what is definite as severely disabled. If you receive the CIA CIAs are DEC approved have a total of 75% pensioned conditions is this individual in the 12%? Who exactly are these 12%?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next